Microsoft Is Allegedly Deleting Forza Motorsport Reviews

Eraezr

What does this have to do with Sony or PlayStation, I wonder? It's simply the usual provocation and nonsense that seems to be growing more common on this platform. Moreover, Reddit is quite the cesspool and hardly a reliable wellspring of information. May I bring to your attention the numerous pristine five-star ratings that abounded before the launch of "The Last of Us Part II"? All corporations appear to steer the public conversation in their favor. Rotten Tomatoes springs to mind, a rather dismal website administered by less-than-stellar individuals.

Edited by El Duderino
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

What does this have to do with Sony or PlayStation, I wonder? It's simply the usual provocation and nonsense that seems to be growing more common on this platform. Moreover, Reddit is quite the cesspool and hardly a reliable wellspring of information. May I bring to your attention the numerous pristine five-star ratings that abounded before the launch of "The Last of Us Part II"? All corporations appear to steer the public conversation in their favor. Rotten Tomatoes springs to mind, a rather dismal website administered by less-than-stellar individuals.

This is the consoles forum which is anything not playstation.

Also what was wrong with TLOU2? Maybe it explored themes that you couldn't comprehend, doesn't make it a bad game.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

What a huge rant about nothing that has nothing to do with the topic. A+

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Nothing its console boards! Which means any consoles! LOL Epic L 

• Like 1

Oh my, does this take me back a full decade ago when I was deleting negative comments/reviews made on the levels I published to the LittleBigPlanet Vita community, regardless of how true my critics were. Looking back I do regret not simply ignoring most of it or having actually considered what was said about the UGC I put out. Then again I was just a mildly ASD pre-teen and didn’t know better, but for Microsoft (a corporation that’s as big as it is) to be acting like this at a time when listening to the feedback couldn’t be any more important? Now that’s disturbing.

Edited by Dry

Forza was always held up as the game that was always solid even if everything else was a mess, so I can see why they're so annoyed at these reviews. Ultimately this is a problem for Xbox not just with their fans, but within the company itself. Their fans rather than holding Xbox to the fire and demanding quality instead makes endless excuses for them. Now granted, they do get heavily astroturfed by Microsoft which doesn't help, but they need to stand up to that rather than so easily going along with it. Internally Xbox has reviewers who rather than being honest instead kiss the company's arse, which then leads to shock from the apparently clueless Spencer and friends when the games get reviewed below what was expected.

• Like 1

I'm not seeing what the outrage is about.

1 star reviews actually increased from 49% to 50% and 5 star reviews decreased from 27% to 26%, after reviews were removed (according to screenshots in the article). Maybe they just removed bot accounts and their reviews/interactions like most decent platforms hosting UGC/social proof do?

Edited by JediKnight_327

10 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Can you even post game reviews on PSN? 

Remember Sony taking down bad TLoU2 reviews too on YT. 

On an old account I can see some games have star reviews, but when I log into my current account I cant see any star reviews or review anything (on PS5 UI).

On the old account it would not let me leave a review for a disc game because it said I need to purchase it digitally or that it needs to be in my library. In the library section, the game was there (with a disc icon), but still does not let me leave a review.

Both Sony and MS need to raise their game and allow written reviews which feature more prominantely on a games page, similar to steam. But considering Sony scrapped the idea share/vote section on their site years ago and also removed the option to upvote and downvote comments on the blog, it doesnt seem like they're interested in what customers think.

Edited by JediKnight_327
  • Like 2

On 10/13/2023 at 1:25 PM, L0sT_NZ_Kazekage said:

Also what was wrong with TLOU2? Maybe it explored themes that you couldn't comprehend, doesn't make it a bad game.

To begin with, I must emphasize that I haven't uttered a single disparaging remark regarding the game, as it simply didn't pique my interest. I merely pointed out that it garnered an astonishing number of flawless ratings on the PlayStation Store even before its official release. It's worth noting that game ratings can only be submitted by individuals who have purchased the game, and that can only occur once the game is available. Evidently, Sony appears to have injected fictitious ratings to inflate the overall score, fully aware of the significant backlash incoming. But, I suppose one must persevere in arguing with imaginary opponents if it provides some solace throughout the day. 🤣

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 4:38 PM, El Duderino said:

Evidently, Sony appears to have injected fictitious ratings to inflate the overall score, fully aware of the significant backlash incoming.

Lol. Everybody has been able to rate games before release since inception, I did with Hades, and just because I like the game. Not a single good game has bad ratings on the PS store because: 1 - Most people don't even care about the rating feature of the store and 2 - you need to buy it before doing it.

I guess is easier to bring a conspiracy theory about a game you don't like, in a thread completely unrelated to it.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 3:51 AM, El Duderino said:

Do you say this on the threads about music, movies, and Nintendo Switch games? Not getting the vibe that you do...

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 9:51 PM, El Duderino said:

What does this have to do with Sony or PlayStation, I wonder?

This thread was created in-

Capture.png

On 10/13/2023 at 9:51 PM, El Duderino said:

May I bring to your attention the numerous pristine five-star ratings that abounded before the launch of "The Last of Us Part II"?

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Jim Ryan is getting a phone call from me.

• Like 1