I am wondering why leaderboard‘s bad ass can get 8000+ platinum?

moonvv

I read a genius record news about ikemenzi‘s 8000+ platinum and congratulations!

But I knew two years ago,Hankoom just got 3000+ platinum in ten years may more.But now 8000+ platinum?What happened?

I noticed platinum included different PSN like NA,AS,JP,EU. So is this the reason that PSNP didn't include all PSN region before?

I am so confused so I sign up for this question,and nice to meet you guys!

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

There's nothing badass about playing nothing but trash for years, it would be more impressive if it was 8,000 non-shovelware Plats instead of mostly "press X => Get Plat" style garbage. It's time that leaderboards in general were discontinued, because trying to even get close to the top is an expensive and ultimately futile endeavour that few people can ever hope to pull off.

Right!Fun/love/energy/time's fight became just money’s fight.Like the boring mobile and PC online trash games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

I wonder who’s have the most platinums without a single shovelware

I imagine that depends on what you count as shovelware and how deep down the rabbithole one wants to go. Some folks consider VNs shovelware, others include “joke” games (Mayo or Mr. Massagy), games that are just bad/poorly designed, anything EastAsiaSoft or Rata put out, or even Sony 1st party titles as “shovelware.”

6 minutes ago, Gooboid said:

Would be great if we could filter leaderboards with a shovelware on/off filter like when searching through games.

Again whilst @BlindMango and his crew can determine what’s shovelware and what’s not by labelling the game as SW, affecting leaderboards with this change would irk a lot of members  though it may be worth opening a debate about :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gooboid said:

Would be great if we could filter leaderboards with a shovelware on/off filter like when searching through games.

Again whilst @BlindMango and his crew can determine what’s shovelware and what’s not by labelling the game as SW, affecting leaderboards with this change would irk a lot of members  though it may be worth opening a debate about :)

@HusKy no chance doing such a filter on PSNP+?

2 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

I like how the possibility of someone just not wanting to play AAA games doesn't even factor into this at all. Either you play the AAA games like everyone else or you're wasting your time, I guess. 🤣

I’m fairly certain those were just examples, chosen for name recognition more than anything else. I didn’t interpret it as implying it was a “waste of time” to play indie or non major AAA titles, but rather finding profiles where there are months if not years of nothing but Qump Jump and Jumping White Choco Santa Turbo stacks before you find anything that isn’t a five minute Platinum a trifle weird.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ashande said:

I’m fairly certain those were just examples, chosen for name recognition more than anything else. I didn’t interpret it as implying it was a “waste of time” to play indie or non major AAA titles, but rather finding profiles where there are months if not years of nothing but Qump Jump and Jumping White Choco Santa Turbo stacks before you find anything that isn’t a five minute Platinum a trifle weird.

tbh I think the poster knew very well that I wasn't trying to say only AAA games are worth playing (I play and plat indie games all the time), so their comment was more of a deflection judging by their profile 👀 but I'll leave it at that!  

• 2 months later...