Modern Warfare III as DLC trophies?

31 minutes ago, the_game_nerd said:

Crazy people are paying $150 for a digital game.

5 minute drive and it's $80 at the local Big W, day 1 release. (AUD$)

Digital should be cheaper, no retail packaging, bricks & mortar or transport overheads, the industry has taken what was a move to limit/remove secondary market sales and are now ripping consumers off.

Physical for life people.

Is the mw3 disc like the mw2 disc (empty, justets u download it)

Or does it actually have game data on it?

7 minutes ago, poker_1987 said:

not sure i haven't got it yet, was looking at getting it today.

I remember the BLOPS 3 or 4 disc was empty (it was one of the CODs anyway), so i am expecting it to be the same.

The whole cod is a nightmare. Why is it that, every once in a while, when I get into the hub I have to agree to a license/contract? I never played an online game like this.

Yesterday I logged into the hub and wanna play some mw2 single-player campaign that I haven’t played since September, it asked me to update my campaign. I didn’t delete the game or any content since September, I just haven’t got into the hub for two months, in fact I have been manually checking for update on the dashboard. It just said my story campaign is too old and needs update and force me to download additional 20gb. Seriously, they can’t update that when I am not in the game? I will never spend any money on mw3.

And just found out the rope glitch in Prison Break is not fixed yet, nice AAA game.

Edited by archangeltw_

18 hours ago, poker_1987 said:

In the uk it's like a days wage. 

I doubt places where it's a lot of money sell ps5s

Actually, average wage in the UK is £97. and that's before tax

And earnings (especially gross) has nothing to do with disposable income. You could earn £200 a day but if your mortage/rent is high, if cost of living in the area you live is high, if you have kids etc.. still doesn't mean you have disposable income.

Sure, if you are earning good money and living at home with mom, £150 is easy to find.

Again, as someone living in the UK, £150 is a lot of money for me. I had to save for a considerable time to afford the PS5, and it took me another 6 months before I was able to afford the SSD upgrade for it.

On 11/11/2023 at 4:45 AM, Stevieboy said:

£150 might be nothing to you, but it could be a fortune to someone else.

That makes 5224.40 TRY in my country, and it is one-half of the minimum wage for this country so yeah, agreed on that…

Edited by XxIsa-GxX

Sony made the same thing for Uncharted: Thieves Collection [PS5] where they put Lost legacy as a DLC for Thief's End plus added an extra trophy in base game for getting all trophies in Lost Legacy DLC. Hundreds of thumbs down to this d88k move, and I don't understand logic behind this at all. 

Is this the only thing devs could think of when it comes to utilizing extended DLC points limit for PS5 trophy system? Just shove a whole ass game there?

5 hours ago, theomgkitteh said:

Sony made the same thing for Uncharted: Thieves Collection [PS5] where they put Lost legacy as a DLC for Thief's End plus added an extra trophy in base game for getting all trophies in Lost Legacy DLC. Hundreds of thumbs down to this d88k move, and I don't understand logic behind this at all. 

Is this the only thing devs could think of when it comes to utilizing extended DLC points limit for PS5 trophy system? Just shove a whole ass game there?

I don't think it is fair to compare this with Uncharted. After all when the PS5 version is released, the original games were at least 5 years old.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, daveM12DIM said:

Actually, average wage in the UK is £97. and that's before tax

And earnings (especially gross) has nothing to do with disposable income. You could earn £200 a day but if your mortage/rent is high, if cost of living in the area you live is high, if you have kids etc.. still doesn't mean you have disposable income.

Sure, if you are earning good money and living at home with mom, £150 is easy to find.

Again, as someone living in the UK, £150 is a lot of money for me. I had to save for a considerable time to afford the PS5, and it took me another 6 months before I was able to afford the SSD upgrade for it.

Well that's your own choice. Could have saved a proper house deposit so your interest would be lower.

If you can't earn a living wage maybe get some more education or training.

Or lower your ps plus tier 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, theomgkitteh said:

3 hours ago, Ecthelion91 said:

I don't think it is fair to compare this with Uncharted. After all when the PS5 version is released, the original games were at least 5 years old.

It’s not fair to compare these games indeed. Lost legacy was intended to be uncharted 4’s dlc back in 2018 but was made a standalone because the content was too much. Blizzard just being cheap to put everything together.

21 hours ago, poker_1987 said:

Well that's your own choice. Could have saved a proper house deposit so your interest would be lower.

If you can't earn a living wage maybe get some more education or training.

Or lower your ps plus tier 

lol, what a hilarious stretch of assumptions you've just made. None of which apply to me btw...

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 2:24 AM, poker_1987 said:

On 11/12/2023 at 2:33 AM, the_game_nerd said:

not sure i haven't got it yet, was looking at getting it today.

I remember the BLOPS 3 or 4 disc was empty (it was one of the CODs anyway), so i am expecting it to be the same.

https://www.doesitplay.org/game/Call of Duty%3A Modern Warfare III/ps4/PS4 Pro?region=ESRB&version=Standard

"Contains version 1.00 of Modern Warfare II (Yes MWII, not MWIII) and DLC licenses that grant access to download the MWIII packs on disc. The disc only contains about 1.12gb of data on it."

Call of Duty discs are well known to be useless since CoD WWII came out. Even if the content was on the disc, you'd still need an activation patch and/or an online connection to play.

On 11/1/2023 at 3:42 PM, SuperNeos2 said:

I’m in the minority on this but the PS5 being DLC I’m fine with. I was worried about MW3 because I really just want to play the campaign and knew the zombies would be something I barely touched and would have an incomplete game on my profile. It being attached to MW2 for PS5 I’m fine with since I can play without worrying about not getting a platinum 

How can you be fine with it? It's a complete scum move. It's forcing people to buy an ENTIRE game if they want to get 100% on a PREVIOUS GAME they bought and played. It's the principle. 

• Like 4

According to Jason Schreier, there was originally another COD game in development and this game was indeed planned as a DLC. But they decided not to miss this year and they rushed MW3 instead as a complete entry. Again, this has nothing to do with Microsoft.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2023/11/10/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-was-a-16-month-rush-job-surprising-no-one/

On 11/18/2023 at 2:57 PM, Stars_of_Sirius said:

How can you be fine with it? It's a complete scum move. It's forcing people to buy an ENTIRE game if they want to get 100% on a PREVIOUS GAME they bought and played. It's the principle. 

MW3 deserved better, that's the main issue for me.

The completionist argument is a perfectly valid one, for sure.

But for me the game could have been a main campaign with spec ops very much like the original, plus some MP zombie maps as is - obv running the new worked character arcs (perhaps in a Ghost Team mission manner) where different arcs are played out through the campaign.

They've totally ruined the franchise with this game as well as screwing over their die hard customer with such a d*** move.

MW3 ps3 was one of the best COD's imho. For me MW2 2022 was as good a campaign and story arc.

But now I'm very meh about it. I'm not happy with the way it's been done, to have a separate list & plat for the ps4 while on the 5 it's all DLC is laziness.... Laziness that can be fixed, tbf. & it still might be.

I expected the dlc trophy list was for a beta version that could be played a week before general release for the preorder customers, so I'm holding out they put a plat up for the 5 still ;)

On 11/7/2023 at 9:58 PM, kumo_mick said:

Spot on! I'm in the same boat. I'll get this to 100% and that'll finally be it for me with COD providing they don't do exactly what you have mentioned.

So they can avoid that by just doing exactly that knowing you'll buy it.

I get the ocd thing but when it gets in the way of your principles don't you think it's time to reconsider priorities? 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 2:53 PM, PrimeTimePaladin said:

So they can avoid that by just doing exactly that knowing you'll buy it.

I get the ocd thing but when it gets in the way of your principles don't you think it's time to reconsider priorities? 

I enjoy getting my games to 100% certainly doesn't get in the way of my priorities though. If they keep adding dlc I'll just keep plugging away in my spare time. How's it effecting your priorities out of interest?

On 12/7/2023 at 11:53 PM, kumo_mick said:

I enjoy getting my games to 100% certainly doesn't get in the way of my priorities though. If they keep adding dlc I'll just keep plugging away in my spare time. How's it effecting your priorities out of interest?

I mean that if it's against your principles to give activision money. I wouldn't worry about one little missed 100%. It's just a number.

I haven't bought mw3 after things activision has pulled. I however now have the ps5 that came with the damn thing free so I guess I'll go for it 😆. If I can be bothered platting mw2 again that is. 

• 1 month later...

They have no shame at all do they. Are they really that desperate? 
I love playing call of duty campaigns but this has put me off installing this now. DLC trophies linked to another game? Get fucked Activision/Infinity Ward 

Edited by FocusDR
Typo

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

Is there an upper limit on # of DLC trophies that can be added?

Otherwise, could they keep releasing every new CoD as DLC to this one and those unfortunate enough to have added MW2 to their list would have to buy every upcoming sequel to keep up with that 100%?

Edited by SkippiesBar

21 hours ago, SkippiesBar said:

Is there an upper limit on # of DLC trophies that can be added?

Otherwise, could they keep releasing every new CoD as DLC to this one and those unfortunate enough to have added MW2 to their list would have to buy every upcoming sequel to keep up with that 100%?

They could actually do just that… 

someone correct me if I am wrong but since the release of PS5 there is no real limit to a extend of a trophy list.