World Cup 2014

Connie

Did anyone else see how happy Sepp Blatter was that Germany won? Aren't Swiss supposed to be neutral lol

Seriously though Germany were the best team and definitely deserved the win ( he says through gritted teeth :))

Also, was great fun doing this with you all, looking forward to euro 2016, I think champions league might be a bit much??

Edited by KILLA_KEN1988

Do you play football?

Yeah. I think the only people who talk about the sport and never play(ed) it are TV announcers.

shouldve gone to the dude from Columbia or Mueller at least.

You mean James Rodriguez, from Colombia :P? Yeah, him, Müller, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Kroos, Robbe or even Neymar were more deserving of the award. Truly yet another undeserving award for Messi.

• Like 3

The greatest football tournament I have ever seen, hopefully France 2016 can match its brilliance.

I really wanted Argentina to win, but they wasted their opportunities, unlike Gotze, who scored a sublime goal. 

And I don't disagree with Messi winning, Argentina were a one-man team and he carried them to the final singlehandedly. Rodriguez, whilst fantastic, failed to do so. 

Hopefully we can do a Premier League or Champions League. :)

And I don't disagree with Messi winning, Argentina were a one-man team and he carried them to the final singlehandedly. Rodriguez, whilst fantastic, failed to do so. 

What World Cup did you watch :blink:? Messi showed up sporadically during the group stage, scoring during some of those sporadic displays of good football, all while Di Maria carried the team's gameplay on his back and Mascherano the whole defense on his. Enter the knock-out stage, Messi's sporadic appearances disappear almost completely except for a solitary assist to Di Maria late into the match. As the team advances further, Messi's lack of importance looks more notorious, with his lack of participation extremely notorious against Belgium, culminating with him missing a sure-fire goal at the end of the match.

Then we get to the semi-final match against the Netherlands, where he never really did anything important except not fail his penalty shot. Yesterday it was pretty much the same, except he missed a shot which, had he been playing with Barcelona, would've been a goal. Everyone talked about him saving himself for the World Cup - yet he never really surprised anyone nor performed like he used to with Barcelona. Then we thought "maybe he's saving himself for the later stages", yet he didn't do jack then either. Enter the final, and maybe, just maybe, he was saving himself for the final - except he did nothing.

How can the player of the tournament be someone who didn't do jack when his team needed him the most during the final stages of the Cup? And how can the supposed player of the tournament be so good yet not show up on the Cup's "Best Team" :|? Even Maradona said he didn't deserve jack lol.

• Like 2

What World Cup did you watch :blink:? Messi showed up sporadically during the group stage, scoring during some of those sporadic displays of good football, all while Di Maria carried the team's gameplay on his back and Mascherano the whole defense on his. Enter the knock-out stage, Messi's sporadic appearances disappear almost completely except for a solitary assist to Di Maria late into the match. As the team advances further, Messi's lack of importance looks more notorious, with his lack of participation extremely notorious against Belgium, culminating with him missing a sure-fire goal at the end of the match.

Then we get to the semi-final match against the Netherlands, where he never really did anything important except not fail his penalty shot. Yesterday it was pretty much the same, except he missed a shot which, had he been playing with Barcelona, would've been a goal. Everyone talked about him saving himself for the World Cup - yet he never really surprised anyone nor performed like he used to with Barcelona. Then we thought "maybe he's saving himself for the later stages", yet he didn't do jack then either. Enter the final, and maybe, just maybe, he was saving himself for the final - except he did nothing.

How can the player of the tournament be someone who didn't do jack when his team needed him the most during the final stages of the Cup? And how can the supposed player of the tournament be so good yet not show up on the Cup's "Best Team" :|? Even Maradona said he didn't deserve jack lol.

Normally disagree with you on the most things, but well said there sir!

Thinking of doing a prediction league for the upcoming season, check it out and leave your comments guys :)

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/17667-football-prediction-league/#entry365154

Normally disagree with you on the most things, but well said there sir!

Thinking of doing a prediction league for the upcoming season, check it out and leave your comments guys :)

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/17667-football-prediction-league/#entry365154

We usually just stick to Fantasy Football (we've done Premier League Fantasy for two seasons in a row now :yay:), but that could be fun :lol:.

I'm quite surprised as well. Mascherano by far the best player of this Argentinian team.

Messi got eaten alive by Ron Vlaar, he was invisible like a ghost during the entire match

I'm quite surprised as well. Mascherano by far the best player of this Argentinian team.

Messi got eaten alive by Ron Vlaar, he was invisible like a ghost during the entire match

He's been getting eaten alive all over the place - no one really believes he had a good Cup, let alone past the group stage. It's really astounding how much shit other players get when they can't really do something with their teams yet this guy nearly gets a flipping award for it :|.

Yeah. I think the only people who talk about the sport and never play(ed) it are TV announcers.

You mean James Rodriguez, from Colombia :P? Yeah, him, Müller, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Kroos, Robbe or even Neymar were more deserving of the award. Truly yet another undeserving award for Messi.

Yes that guy, thought his name was Rodriguez, lol.

Congratz to Tony for winning btw.

Well, that's what FIFA's for, to make wishes come true :P.

Well Croatia does have a potential, they also finished 3rd in the World Cup debut so yeah, that's actually possible (not 23-0 obviously :P)

But talking about wishes, i'm currently on a rampage with San Marino winning most of my matches, and i'm first in my qualifying group. Now that's something we can't expect in a near future :P

Edited by TonyCROGamingHD

Well Croatia does have a potential, they also finished 3rd in the World Cup debut so yeah, that's actually possible (not 23-0 obviously :P)

But talking about wishes, i'm currently on a rampage with San Marino winning most of my matches, and i'm first in my qualifying group. Now that's something we can't expect in a near future :P

"Potential" means jack, though. If we talk about potential, then half the World Cup teams had the potential to win. Croatia had a good team 16 years ago, and that's undeniable - but 16 years ago isn't today, and none of their players from back then play anymore. So yeah, keep wishing >__>.

"Potential" means jack, though. If we talk about potential, then half the World Cup teams had the potential to win. Croatia had a good team 16 years ago, and that's undeniable - but 16 years ago isn't today, and none of their players from back then play anymore. So yeah, keep wishing >__>.

Well it's true that we had a better team 16 years ago, but you can't deny that Croatia has a good team now too. Our coach just came before the World Cup and made some horrible decisions. 2 of our players retired from the national team because of him. But with some luck, Croatia can do well on the big stage. We have a great striker in Mandzukic who can basically head the ball into the goal from anywhere and his positioning is just incredible. I'm not saying he's one of the best strikers in the world, but he is still amazing.

Our wingers Olic and Perisic are solid. Olic is getting old though, and even though he's still playing great considering his age, he'll retire soon, but we have Rebic, maybe you haven't heard of him, but he's a very young talented winger. Pacey, skillfull, great shot, and a little selfish, but he can become a great player. He does remind me of Robben.

On the other side, Perisic was without a doubt our best player in the tournament. He finally started playing good in his national team, and he's a beast in Wolfsburg as well.

Then our midfield. Croatia has great midfielders. Modric, Rakitic, Kovacic (still young and unexperienced, but he's a wonderkid who can surpass Modric for sure). Those 3 are brilliant, but Kovac wasn't using them right in this torunament unfortunately and that cost us.

Our defence is the weakest spot alright. We have Lovren who had a great season, and Vrsaljko who can be either a left back or a right back has also been very solid in the World Cup. Srna is our captain for a long time, but he's also getting old. Other center backs are nothing special..

And Pletikosa at goal, he was so bad. I have no idea why he is still our goalkeeper. Sure, he's our legend, but he's gotten old and has bad reflexes. Subasic should of been the goalkeeper. He had a brilliant season at A$ Monaco.

So basically, this is a very long post, but to conclude, yes, i know Croatia was better 16 years ago, but we still have a good team that can do an upset. If Costa Rica could do it, we can do it too. We just need a coach who will organize the team.

In 4 months, we're playing against Italy on Giuseppe Meaza for the Euro 2016 qualifiers. That will be a test if Kovac has any knowledge whatsoever. I'm going to trust him in the qualifiers, but if he fails, he can go immedietaly.