Persona announcement on May 2nd

Venocide

If Altus wanted to add a female protagonist for Persona 4, then they could have just done it with Persona 4 Golden. I don't think it's too soon for Persona 5 hype since it's coming out this winter for Japan. They could throw in some teasers or maybe they will reveal some stuff but I don't think they will show gameplay yet. Either they will show gameplay around summer or fall. More the latter because summer might be early. 

Atlus gets hype usually 3 months before actual release date...

Watch; It's gonna be something no one expects.

Teddie gets his own spin off game: Bearsona!

That would be beary unexpected... But Atlus would propurrbly love to abearuse bear puns.

Edited by SatoshiOokami

As the previous poster said it turned out to be a Persona 4 Golden anime.

Atlus held its "Dark Hour TV ~Persona Hour" live stream this morning, starting with a preview of Persona 3 The Movie #2: Midsummer Knight's Dream and a digest of the first film, Spring of Birth. A "significant" announcement was promised, and it turns out it's a Persona 4 Golden anime. 

Persona 4 the Golden Animation is set to kick off this July in Japan. Footage from the upcoming series revealed Marie, the new character who was added to the enhanced Vita version. Most of the staff from Persona 4: The Animation will return for Golden, with A-1 Pictures producing.

78d9e07110934c6ec624bf457d2ac61013990459

7a5fcce21e057edb0ca93b3288cb8c5613990459

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/05/02/persona-4-golden-anime-to-air-in-japan-this-july

I enjoyed Persona 4 the animation so I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for an English dub.

Edited by ARKphoenix
  • Like 1

Looking at all of the joking about more P4G stuff here is hilarious in hindsight. 

I hope that they at the very least tackle the social links differently than the first animation. Give me SOME incentive to watch this.

Nothing game related was announced, they just talked about the P3 movies and announced the P4G anime. 

I pretty much expected P3 movies info but I'm excited about P4G anime!

MARIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Another anime with Hanazawa Kana! I'm maybe even more excited than for a new game =D

But Atlus did say something about new game...

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/02/atlus-usa-gives-us-hint-upcoming-game/

It's apparently only Atlus USA, though.

Am I the only one who thinks a Golden anime is pretty... pointless? I could understand an OVA with the extended ending and some interactions with Marie, but an entire series seems like way too much. It's going to be essentially the same as the first series, since Golden still shares the same plot and everything with the original P4. I'm very disappointed. It would have been a lot more interesting if they were making a Persona 2 anime, or creating a full Persona 3 anime(instead of just movies), or even a Persona 4 Arena anime. 

Edited by Rawrgna
  • Like 4

Kinda pissed that the announcement was just for the anime. Seriously? Does everything gotta be abut P4? If they would have announced a P3 anime or even P1-P2 (highly unlikely but at least it'd be different) I'd be happy as all hell but goddamn I hate how P4 is getting milked CONSTANTLY. I love the game but damn. We're getting another P4 anime, another P4 fighting game (with P3 chars, YES-need MOAR), P4 rhythm game, P4-P3 crossover (this isn't so bad because this will be the most different game involving P4). What's next? I think everything that can be done with P4 is done (I hope).

• Like 1

hmmm... if they could make the P4G animation longer and tackle more S-LINKS and be more closer to the game (heck still can't forget the fox, Naoko and the umbrella), then I will definitely love it...

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks a Golden anime is pretty... pointless? I could understand an OVA with the extended ending and some interactions with Marie, but an entire series seems like way too much. It's going to be essentially the same as the first series, since Golden still shares the same plot and everything with the original P4. I'm very disappointed. It would have been a lot more interesting if they were making a Persona 2 anime, or creating a full Persona 3 anime(instead of just movies), or even a Persona 4 Arena anime. 

I didn't see your comment til after I posted mine. I am glad someone else feels the same way. 

There's always a possibility of incorporating P4A story (well... maybe not because Atlus would want to make anime out of this as well) or touch more social links (trailer shown Marie's 9th Social Link level scene)... for example those that were put into two Summer Holiday episodes.

Plus... there will surely be Marie's dungeon, Winter, maybe even 11th Social Links.

It won't be absolutely same anime =)

Heck... THERE... WILL... BE... MARIEEEEEE!

Edited by SatoshiOokami

They will be probably add scenes about 

Beach Trip
Skiing Trip
Marie's Dungeon
Social Intereactions with Marie and Adachi
Party Member's Tier 3 Personas
any additional stuff that occured in Jan and Feb

As well as the extending ending in P4G which occurs after the events of P4 Arena

as well as probably new stuff different from the game and the original animation

what i would like to see is the character's using their weapons in the TV ( Kanji wrecking havoc with a Folding chair)

Edited by Absolute Brawl3r