Backlog Challenge 2024 - Sign Up Year-Round!

2 hours ago, Xylobe said:

No joke: I had this exact idea just a couple of days ago, and wished I'd thought of it while you were taking badge suggestions! A third option could be as simple as "Platinum or 100% a game with unobtainable trophies;" I'm thinking of cases like Mirror's Edge Catalyst, where a bunch of people rushed to get the online trophies before the server shutdown.

That's perfect. Like platinum or 100% a game that has unobtainable trophies...but you already got those so you can continue on to finish it. k thank you very much. I'll update badges tomorrow and the Wild Card badge will have that as its 3rd possible way of earning it.

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Caju_94 said:

Time for an update!

Captura-de-ecr-2024-02-02-194633.png

So first, of all, I confess for having hidden a game, it was a game I was already planning to hide before the event and never ended up doing it. My completion rate has not reached 80% though, so I wouldn't get any profile multiplier for now. I will unhide it on my way to the 80% of course.

In terms of completions, I completed Gravel and HyperDimension Neptunia Rebirth1 whose completion took less time than I was expecting. Nevertheless, I am griding and working on other games, hence why I have now a higher completion %, not only because of the hidden game.

Right now, I am progressing in multiple games and I complete and play "as I feel" so I'm not sure 100% certain whose next games are going to be completed. Almost reaching Bronze Tier, though.

Good progress man! The tiers are gone in favor of a Leaderboard now so sign up here!  Google Form

3 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Sup guys! Lots of updates here. I've been tinkering with badges and badge system ideas and I have a few suggestions for the event. I wish I'd done this thinking last year, but we're early enough that I think we'll be ok.

1) the "Phew" badge has been replaced with the dr24Rwm.png Wild Card badge. It has 3 possible ways to earn it (see above)

2) Since tiers are no longer a thing, the number 1250 doesn't mean anything anymore so the HruHm0y.png One Shot badge has been adjusted to be earned with any game 1000 points or higher.

3) Looking over badges and backlog games its clear that the badge system will lose its appeal after earning a few since some are too easy to earn and some are literally impossible for some players...so I want to propose opening the badge system to where you can earn a badge multiple times. Like say you complete 3 1000 point games, you get 3 One Shot badges instead of just the once for the year. Or if you complete 5 different Repentance games, you get 5 Repentance badges. That opens up competition for who can get the most badges, who can be top badge earners and who can earn the most of each particular badge. Thoughts? If I implemented that I'd probably update the Google Form to include optional questions people can answer/update to self report badges then I'll just update the Main Post UI every few days for the visual of it. Let me know what y'all think.

Also for anyone interested I have modified my backlog tracker to automatically detect if a game will earn some badges. Still working on the "all DLC" ones but take a look: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12CF6g-9pdODbmfEFClwRA8A5-P9Dhjmjc4r0QHpTLMo/edit?usp=sharing

I like the idea of being able to get badges multiple times and another spreadsheet Idea that I've stolen from you lol 

6 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Sup guys! Lots of updates here. I've been tinkering with badges and badge system ideas and I have a few suggestions for the event. I wish I'd done this thinking last year, but we're early enough that I think we'll be ok.

1) the "Phew" badge has been replaced with the dr24Rwm.png Wild Card badge. It has 3 possible ways to earn it (see above)

2) Since tiers are no longer a thing, the number 1250 doesn't mean anything anymore so the HruHm0y.png One Shot badge has been adjusted to be earned with any game 1000 points or higher.

3) Looking over badges and backlog games its clear that the badge system will lose its appeal after earning a few since some are too easy to earn and some are literally impossible for some players...so I want to propose opening the badge system to where you can earn a badge multiple times. Like say you complete 3 1000 point games, you get 3 One Shot badges instead of just the once for the year. Or if you complete 5 different Repentance games, you get 5 Repentance badges. That opens up competition for who can get the most badges, who can be top badge earners and who can earn the most of each particular badge. Thoughts? If I implemented that I'd probably update the Google Form to include optional questions people can answer/update to self report badges then I'll just update the Main Post UI every few days for the visual of it. Let me know what y'all think.

Also for anyone interested I have modified my backlog tracker to automatically detect if a game will earn some badges. Still working on the "all DLC" ones but take a look: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12CF6g-9pdODbmfEFClwRA8A5-P9Dhjmjc4r0QHpTLMo/edit?usp=sharing

I love the idea of getting more badges this way. I'll admit that I was not looking much at the badges and my backlog with the old system as I already got much of those I could get, but the new system would make it interesting to complete some backlog games for the challenge! I could at least have a shot to compete in this category since point wise I will not be able to do much better.

I counted quickly with the games I have currently and I should have:

- 4 closure: Flower, Flow, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Child of Light. All started before 30th December 2017.

- 2 Got Er Done: Dead By Daylight and Dead by Daylight Additional Chapters

- 5 Finishing touch: same games as closure with the addition of Slay the Spire. Had only 1 trophy left in each one before 2024.

- 2 one shot : Diablo IV and Dead by Daylight Left Behind Chapter. 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2024 at 6:10 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Hey there. So your situation is tricky. You can totally join even with a private profile, but if we can't see your trophy list then there's no easy, reliable way to know what your real profile % is, whether you have hidden trophies (technically all your trophies are hidden), what your timestamps are, etc. So I'd say you're totally fine to join...but you can't really earn any multipliers except system multipliers since that's easy enough to show with a screenshot...but then idk if you'd want to join without the multipliers that make the event fun. So it's up to you.

Sorry for the late reply. I set my profile to public and I have no hidden games. I would like to join, please. Here is my spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tgm236XK1GnBoEG-hhnoUevAVCFTosSHReNzzRYdIk8/edit#gid=0

For the profile column, I did not keep track of my profile completion rate every time I completed a game, so I only wrote estimates. But I am sure I started 2024 with my completion rate at least at 93.00% and I hit 94.00% while playing Valkyria Chronicles 4.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CurseBanette said:

Sorry for the late reply. I set my profile to public and I have no hidden games. I would like to join, please. Here is my spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tgm236XK1GnBoEG-hhnoUevAVCFTosSHReNzzRYdIk8/edit#gid=0

For the profile column, I did not keep track of my profile completion rate every time I completed a game, so I only wrote estimates. But I am sure I started 2024 with my completion rate at least at 93.00% and I hit 94.00% while playing Valkyria Chronicles 4.

That's perfect! Welcome to the challenge! You're already 5th place in Total and 4th place in BST 

pJqNxMR.png

@Hitman_Spinksy1 @Shyjun I'm cooking up something with badges so gimme a few days and I'll update the Google Form with a way to put in badges and possibly even have a badges leaderboard on the score leaderboard sheet. 

• Like 3