Playstation Plus, whats your view.

PODSTER56

Playstation plus or minus  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Are PS4 owners getting a good deal from PS+

• Yes its suberb value for money, I would happily pay more.
    • It's good value and priced just right for what I get.
    • It's overpriced for what I get, but if it cost less I would not be unhappy about having to pay for it.
    • I feel Sony are taking advantage of PS4 owners and its poor value for money

Well it could be because the PS4 just came out so there really isn't a heck of a lot they can give away for free. Do you really expect them to give inFAMOUS or Killzone when those game just came out.

Be a little patient, it is a new system.

I agree completely with Dr. Mayus. I think you are being a bit ridiculous. PS Plus is consistently providing AMAZING AAA games on the PS3, and plenty of solid games on the Vita for free. We also get cloud-saves (very helpful). As for the PS4, we got RESOGUN (need I say more). We also got other solid games, and in the future, we will get DriveClub on launch. As Dr. Mayus already said, there are few AAA game that you can realistically expect PS PLUS to give us. Give it a year for the games to be more substantial. I was a PS Plus member before the PS4, and as such it was not a big deal for them to require it for online play. Xbox has done it for years. With PS Plus, you get cloud save, game support for three great systems, and online play for the PS4. At $50 a year, I'd say its completely fair, if not a steal. 

Anyone who expects Sony to give out PS4 AAA titles for free right now is naive beyond belief. I think it is awesome that they are even giving out any free games PS4 for plus each month

This. Icing on the cake my friend, icing on the cake.

First World Problems...again

You pay $50 a year and get hundreds of dollars worth of free games and you're still not satisfied? You think this is service unfair it's quite the contrary actually, you're the one being unfair if you think Sony or any company owes you something just for buying their system. As pretty much every one above has said the system is only a few months old have some patience and more titles will come. What did you expect Sony to throw out Infamous Second Son or Killzone for free the day it was released? Sheeesh....you give someone a slice of cake and suddenly that's not enough they want the whole cake instead. 

• Like 1

I hope they never give out retail titles. I don't even play the ones I get on PS3. If I can get it on a disc, then I can probably buy it used for $10-$15. Just give me those downloadable games I can't get anywhere else. I don't care about playing the newest batman game for free on day one. If the game was good enough and is out on disc, I already bought it.

Edited by TehCro

No I didn't, and nowehere did I say that I did.

Well you did say...

We pay all that money for a consol that offers so called stunning graphics, AND, we are told that we have to buy PS+ if we want to play online, but don't worry we will get loads of great games each month via PS+.  The stunning graphics of "Don't Starve", "Mercenary Kings" and now "Stick it to the man" leave me feeling like I have truly had it stuck up me. I can get better graphics on my old PS2 than those games offer.

I just assumed that you bought a PS4 for the graphics. Since it sounds like that is what you don't like about the games PS+ is offering.

As for the issue on PS+ content for PS4, what did you expect to get? Unfortunately, they can't give games like they can on PS3, because the PS4 doesn't have a lot of games to begin with.

PS plus is a great  deal, don't ever get that twisted, but that being said I get your point.

Considering the amount of indie devs, good indie devs that have released games on the PS4 you'd think they could offer two games per month by now.

I swear I can buy this months game for £6 haha, damn.

I wish people would stop saying the games on ps plus are free, you're wrong, they're not, you pay x amount per month for literally a lucky dip of video games, maybe you'll like them, maybe you won't; deal with it.

Once you stop paying, those games are gone.

They aren't free games, they're rented; yours on borrowed time. Not free.   :)

I don't think Sony should be ashamed, they should be proud if anything, ps plus for what it is, is absolutely brilliant. Great deal. Especially if you have a PS3, PS4 and a vita, oh man it's good. I recommend all three.  

Edited by dfyd

Well it could be because the PS4 just came out so there really isn't a heck of a lot they can give away for free. Do you really expect them to give inFAMOUS or Killzone when those game just came out.

Be a little patient, it is a new system.

I'm thinking killzone or most likely knack will be free announced at e3

Edited by dodgedoors

Don't think I have any points to make that haven't already been said. I wish I had a PS3 and a Vita to make full use of the PS+ titles but tbh 12 games for the PS4 a year for the price. I like 4/6. Given the time I'd probably like 6/6. Feel like a winner already!

Malfuras.png

PS+ is so worth the money. Sony is being extremely generous with the titles they are giving us on all platforms (Vita, PS3 and PS4). 

Bigger titles will come to PS+ for free on PS4 (Knack first I reckon) 

It's too earliy in the PS 4's life to be giving away top games. That said I can see Sony giving games like Second Son away on plus in a year or so. Plus is the best when you own multiple systems. I can see the why just owning PS 4 and having to have Plus might seem like rip off compared to what ps 3 members get right now, but given time you'll start to see it go the other way and even out. 

This was one of the many things that I tried to warn people about when it came to the early adoption of PS4...the value of the PS + subscription for the console. This early, you're definately putting more in as a PS4 owner than what you are getting out of it. PS3 and Vita owners still get the most bang for their buck with PS + .

Edited by merciful84

This was one of the many things that I tried to warn people about when it came to the early adoption of PS4...the value of the PS + subscription for the console. This early, you're definately putting more in as a PS4 owner than what you are getting out of it. PS3 and Vita owners still get the most bang for their buck with PS + .

What I also love though is even though I don't have a PS4, I can still get the games so when I do have a PS4 I will have a little backlog to start me off :)

• Like 1

The system needs to settle in and blossom, rushing things won't do any good, Driveclub and another AAA should arrive this year to the IGC, that's a start, I see the PS4's IGC growing just as much as the PS3's in a few years' time ^^

What I also love though is even though I don't have a PS4, I can still get the games so when I do have a PS4 I will have a little backlog to start me off :)

EXACTLY! You get the most value of the console by waiting awhile. Free games just waitng for you to play plus the console and AAA titles being much cheaper. By the time I'm done with my PS3 backlog, PS+ would have finally gotten around to free AAA games.

I don't want to pay more, but i can't lose the PS PLUS, so i will probably pay xD even tho Sony deserve it.. why? becasue for only 60$ for a year, i got so many games, and that price is there to prove to those stupid people who keep shit on it, that the PS PLUS is one of the best services out there.

PS+ is probably one of those subscription based things where anyone who tries to cut it down or criticise it falls flat on their asses. It really is a win win situation. If you own a PS3, PSVita and a PS4 you are saving a tonne of money for a very small investment.

Arguements against PS+ are usually always weak and full of holes.

Liked Contrast, thought that was a really good game, but as for the releases after that, they are all weak. I don't want to play games that look like they're from a different era. If I wanted such crap graphics I would dust off the atari or c64. I didn't buy a ps4 for that and just because they're free doesn't mean we have to like them. We should expect more especially when Sony spent so much time and money telling us all how powerful and crisp the ps4 was going to be. Just because some of us don't want indie games, it really isn't up to the 'Be thankful' brigade to tell us we're ungrateful for expecting too much too soon. In the long run I know it'll get a lot better, but in the meantime, I'd rather do without the indie stuff and receive some thing else like the ability to have access to my avatars or some themes or a people you've met list that actually works or  :blah: ....

In the end we get what we're given. Won't appeal to everyone but that's life, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. If nothing else, look at the games you don't like as a few extra Trophies to grab before moving on to better things. I hear Watch_Dogs comes out this month.....

Malfuras.png