Playstation Plus, whats your view.

PODSTER56

Playstation plus or minus  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Are PS4 owners getting a good deal from PS+

• Yes its suberb value for money, I would happily pay more.
    • It's good value and priced just right for what I get.
    • It's overpriced for what I get, but if it cost less I would not be unhappy about having to pay for it.
    • I feel Sony are taking advantage of PS4 owners and its poor value for money

The offering that Playstation plus gave PS4 users in April was nothing short of pathetic, however, this month (May) it is an insult. We pay all that money for a consol that offers so called stunning graphics, AND, we are told that we have to buy PS+ if we want to play online, but don't worry we will get loads of great games each month via PS+.  The stunning graphics of "Don't Starve", "Mercenary Kings" and now "Stick it to the man" leave me feeling like I have truly had it stuck up me. I can get better graphics on my old PS2 than those games offer.

Sony offer PS3 users a reasonable ammount of good games to get them to buy PS+ because for PS3 usesr its an optional extra, but because PS4 users are virtualy forced into buying PS+ we are gettin piss poor games by comparison.

Sony, you should be ashamed of yourselves, but of course your not, you are laughing all the way to the bank

I am adding this as it would seem almost everyone who has replied has misunderstood my point.

NOWHERE do I say that PS+ is not a good deal for what you get as a PS3 user.

No I dont expect AAA games every month, but I DO expect better than the current offereing for PS4 users.

As for people saying sony give us the games for free!!!! No they don't we pay for them by buying PS+.

The main point I was making was that PS3 users get value for money but PS4 users don't.

If they havnt got much in place NOW for PS4 users then they should have waited untill the PS4 had been out longer before they made it compulsory to have PS+ to go online.

I am not slating PS+ I am saying at the moment it's unbalanced is what it offers PS3 against PS4

Why are you all saying "ah but we will get more in the future" I don't dispute that, I am talking about what PS4 users get NOW.

Edited by PODSTER56
  • Like 1

Well it could be because the PS4 just came out so there really isn't a heck of a lot they can give away for free. Do you really expect them to give inFAMOUS or Killzone when those game just came out.

Be a little patient, it is a new system.

It's early in the life cycle so expecting "AAA" games is just silly. This has been gone over and over and over before. Graphics aren't everything, despite what some people say. Not everyone is going to be happy with every game, it's foolish to believe otherwise. Just because you don't like the games doesn't mean everyone feels that way.

I get PS+ for the backup of saved games. There have been less than 10 games since PS+ even started that were of interest to me. They don't even have to give free games. Microsoft didn't for years and people were fine with it. Some people whined about having to pay for gold but then again some people will whine about anything and everything, especially those who feel that everything should be catered to what they want and screw everyone else.

Did I forget anything?

Edited by BooneJusticius
  • Like 1

I personally liked Mercenary Kings. It was an solid and well thought out retro style side scroller. Don't Starve isn't really my thing but I've heard great things about that game aswell. I think you're being a tad over zealous. Consoles are never saturated with game content when they are just released; this isn't something new. I think someone just needs to put on their big boy pants. If you knew you would of had a problem with a poor game selection then you shouldn't have bought a PS4 in the first place :wave:

I have enjoyed all of the Playstation Plus games so far, I think it's a really good value.  First was Contrast which I thought was an entertaining puzzle game, especially because I don't usually play puzzle games. Than was Resogun which was probably my favourite free game so far. Don't Starve was interesting as well I probably sunk at least 30 hours into it. Than Dead Nation: Apocalypse was a cool zombie game. I didn't enjoy Outlast as much because horror games scare me, but I still want to get through it.  And I've been having a lot of fun with this month's free game, Mercenary Kings.

So 5/6 of the free game I've played so far I've really liked, and 1 has been just okay. But I can understand how perhaps some people place graphics at a higher priority than me so they may not think it's a good value.

Parker is there similar stats for EU? Edit: EU List

Voted for A. Considering the cost of running the network I think having online added as a plus inncentive is justified as we get back so much. In my opnion the online, cloud saves and automatic options are worth it alone and I would consider 1 or 2 games for free a great deal. I think plus is a great thing for those who may not have the money or budget to spend on games on a regular basis and has encouraged me to try games I would not have otherwise brought or even knew about. Because of the money I have technically saved in not buying that game I can put towards DLC if I choose and 9 times out of ten you will find the free game comes with discounts on the related DLC, a further discount added for plus members.

I will say though that its not without its issues or to be honest more just personal niggles then anything. For example I would like to see some form of grace period between when your plus sub ends and can be renewed, say a 7 day period as theres those of us that cant guarantee money by a set date for whatever reason. I have yet to run out or miss my renew date but I do remember Sleeping Dogs being included one month and as always I added it to my list regardless of weather I was planing to play it or not. Decided to give it a go a few weeks ago and the download of that version no longer existed and I haven't been able to download it. I am hoping this is just a one off issue and not something that will become common.

Edited by allsop1986

I can kinda understand what your saying, I don't like how you need it to play on-line but I think it's an OK deal & I'm sure it'll get better for the PS4 after there are more games for it (at least a year), if I didn't have such crappy internet I'd probably get it too.

Can't speak much on the PS4 offerings because I don't have one yet. I have been a PS+ subscriber since day one, June 29, 2010. Didn't even realize it's almost been 4 years now. Back then there wasn't much to offer either. Some older PS3 games and PS1 games. Over the years that has changed and we got much better games. Some I liked a lot and never would have purchased myself. Some we got even one the day they launched. Basically, it will get better. It's only been 6 months since the Ps4 came out. There still isn't even a whole lot games out yet. 

$10 cheaper than the competition for a 1-year subscription, AND adding games to the ICG for its newest console on day 1. Indie games or not, it's something.

The program nets you with aprox. 72 new games across all platforms by the end of the year and not including the fixed games. You get up to 75% off during sales (taking the current Golden Week Sales, good games for as low as 5 bucks), and they're only asking for $50 a year. 

Blaming the service for not having AAA titles on the IGC, even though the "Quality beats quantity" rule could apply, as mentioned before, it's a new system. If you don't like the current lineup, just wait a bit longer and something better will replace the "bad" one. AAA titles will make their way to the IGC someday.

Heck, I'm not into soccer, but I'm still giving PES 2014 a shot during the next month.

Also, I thought we played games because of their story, mechanics and stuff, not (just) because they look osum in 1080p.