Play to the end, or stop after trophies?

172 members have voted

1. 1. Did you play to the end of the game, or stop after you got the last trophy?

• Used a guide and played to the end anyway.
    • Used a guide and stopped when the last trophy popped.
    • Didn't use a guide, so I didn't have all the trophies.
    • Didn't use a guide, but got all the trophies on my own, and still played to the end.
    • Didn't use a guide, but got all the trophies on my own, and stopped after the last one popped.

I finished it but honestly, I thought it was massively overrated. I seen the ending a mile away, I actually joked to myself when I started it

guessing one would die

and I guessed right. It was a nice game but being up for contention for GOTY...you're joking right? :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to play it first.  I didn't really want to look for the trophies, I wanted the game.  If I got one, I wouldn't complain- I ended up getting quite a few because I had fun with the environment.  It's a very...very confusing to the mind game with the two sides of the remote, but I liked it enough to go for the rest of the trophies that I hadn't gotten (I think three).   The ending was okay, I thought...I didn't think it was horrible or anything...I do get sentimental at sad endings and this one got me, though. 

It's kinda...not to bash, but nutty to go and either play/buy this game, and just say, "hey, last trophy, I don't have to play anymore!".  Is it shearing off the ending of it just so you can save yourself the effort of going through the motions of playing the rest?  I truly wonder how many gamers would just go to YouTube after that trophy popped, as well, and just watch from then on there...

Edited by mnlghtmaiden
  • Like 1

I just wanted to play it first.  I didn't really want to look for the trophies, I wanted the game.  If I got one, I wouldn't complain- I ended up getting quite a few because I had fun with the environment.  It's a very...very confusing to the mind game with the two sides of the remote, but I liked it enough to go for the rest of the trophies that I hadn't gotten (I think three).   The ending was okay, I thought...I didn't think it was horrible or anything...I do get sentimental at sad endings and this one got me, though. 

It's kinda...not to bash, but nutty to go and either play/buy this game, and just say, "hey, last trophy, I don't have to play anymore!".  Is it shearing off the ending of it just so you can save yourself the effort of going through the motions of playing the rest?  I truly wonder how many gamers would just go to YouTube after that trophy popped, as well, and just watch from then on there...

If you thought this game was confusing, try playing Ibb and Obb.  Another fun puzzle game where you control 2 characters, one with each stick. :)

If you thought this game was confusing, try playing Ibb and Obb.  Another fun puzzle game where you control 2 characters, one with each stick. :)

I don't do many confusing games- I'm epileptic, and some of the harder puzzles made me put the game down for a while between some sections of Brothers.  Not the puzzles, per say, but when I got nervous I was going to fall (or had little time) I started twitching...I saw some people playing Ibb and Obb on a game play trailer, as fun as it looked I think it'd be worse with that game than this one, lol.

Yes, i did finish the game. I have no clue why people are bashing the game as being "bad", it's okay to find it boring, but bad? Nah... also that it's not unique... well, nothing's unique these days, people and things must go waaay over the top to impress us (i.e Miley Cyrus), TLoU is a copy cat of TWD, but why is that game so good and this one isn't? People...

I'm glad this became free for PS+ or else i'd never, ever play it. I loved the ending and everything that happened after i got the last trophy, those were the best parts of the game. Some people may think that was all stupid, but if you went through the things i did, you'd see things differently and that whole sequence after the huge spoiler was really touching and emotional. Specially...

When the little brother had to swim...

There's only one thing i could complain about it and that is the control, using L3 and R3 to control each brother was a pain in the ass at 1st... but i got used to it. It was so awkward.

• Like 1

I don't do many confusing games- I'm epileptic, and some of the harder puzzles made me put the game down for a while between some sections of Brothers.  Not the puzzles, per say, but when I got nervous I was going to fall (or had little time) I started twitching...I saw some people playing Ibb and Obb on a game play trailer, as fun as it looked I think it'd be worse with that game than this one, lol.

Fair enough :).  

It's a 2.5 hour game. The correct way to play such a thing is to go through once, completely blind, and finish it in a single session to experience the story the best way. Then do trophy cleanup at the end, with a guide.

I play games for both story and trophies, but you should never let one get in the way of the other. Come on people, stop playing games wrong.

It's a 2.5 hour game. The correct way to play such a thing is to go through once, completely blind, and finish it in a single session to experience the story the best way. Then do trophy cleanup at the end, with a guide.

I play games for both story and trophies, but you should never let one get in the way of the other. Come on people, stop playing games wrong.

It is all well and good that you want to play these kinds of games like that, but I do not think that puts you in a position to decide the "right" way to play a game.  We are all in this for our entertainment, and we each achieve that differently.  How we do that has no affect on other gamers, and should never be considered "wrong".

Just a thought.

• Like 1

I didn't play this game, but I voted what I would have done and it seems most of the people picked the same option, and that's ''Used a guide and played to the end anyway''. I mean, what's the point of playing the game if you don't finish it? The game only has 12 trophies as well and it's not hard. So i would use a guide to get the trophies, but I would never leave a game unfinished.

• 1 month later...

A couple of things.

First: why the first option has the "anyway" in it? It feels like it's a bland or uninspired experience to play this game to the end.

Second: Curious about the ones who got "falling star" without a guide. I remember to examine the angel statue but i didn't stay the 5 seconds.

Well, nice experience, an unique and very emotional indie imo.

I am curious.  Of the people who played this game, who stopped after you got the last trophy, and who played right to the end of the story.  I was very tempted to stop playing after I got the whale song trophy, but for some reason I kept going, and man am I glad I did.  I really enjoyed the rest of the game.

I am not sure why they stopped the trophy list before the end of the game.

I personally liked the game. And liked the soundtrack. And it's ending was good.

You play video games in general to enjoy them. Collecting trophies sometimes part of that fun. But it's not the reason your play video games. So I stop playing a game because I don't like it. If I do I will continue.

If you don't like the game you can continue for the trophies only of course. I did that with a game or 2.

• 4 months later...

At first, I wasn't going to use a guide since every the one I was looking at said you'd get the full experience just playing it full-out, but after playing the first chapter I disagreed and started again using the guide. I knew you got the 100 before finishing it, and I was unsure what I was going to due. Once the last trophy popped, I went back and forth between finishing it, or just Googling the ending since I was kinda concerned since I felt no real climax yet and I didn't want to sink another 4 or 5 chapters into it for no trophies. A quick Google search said there was only 7 chapters (and the last trophy popped on the 6th), so I decided to go for it. I'm extremely happy (If that's the right term... maybe satisfied) that I did, since that ending took a entire spin on me, since I thought

that Niah (If that's how you spell it) was going to get put under a spell or something by the girl, but when the lights went out and they were in that ball, I thought for sure they were dead. At the end, I thought Nihe was going to have to choose between saving his brother or father... Unfortunately, that wasn't what happened.