Servers taken offline “indefinitely” (April 19, 2024) - LBP3 PS4

11 minutes ago, Joey-Ravn said:

The game is on sale on the current Essential Picks sale... Hopefully this means LBP3 will get fixed sooner rather than later.

They announced yesterday, that the community manager is staying until next year to help bring the servers back.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My heart sank when I learned the online was “temporarily” disabled.  I pray to God I am wrong but my gut insticnt is telling me otherwise. I really should think all LBP fans all over the wrod should finacially support the game to show sony and the devs still makes money. That is the only way i can see to support and revive this franchise.  😭😢

9 hours ago, Tomba25 said:

My heart sank when I learned the online was “temporarily” disabled.  I pray to God I am wrong but my gut insticnt is telling me otherwise. I really should think all LBP fans all over the wrod should finacially support the game to show sony and the devs still makes money. That is the only way i can see to support and revive this franchise.  😭😢

Most of the hardcore LBP fans have already supported them enough financially through the purchasing of DLCs and skins.

That won't solve the server issues, I feel they just don't care to fix the servers and are giving people false hope, much like the first time it happened with the PS3 version.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

That won't solve the server issues, I feel they just don't care to fix the servers and are giving people false hope, much like the first time it happened with the PS3 version.

Totally agree 👍 

• Like 2

While the servers are still down, there's a guy who was able to obtain all three online trophies not so long ago. Do you have an idea how he managed to do this?

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

When the servers were confirmed to not be coming back for LBP1, LBP2 and LBP3 (PS3 ver.), wasn't it said that all the user levels that were created for those games were still playable on the PS4 LBP3?  So if the same fate awaits PS4 LBP3, am I assuming correctly that all those levels would be gone forever?

1 hour ago, jblanch3 said:

When the servers were confirmed to not be coming back for LBP1, LBP2 and LBP3 (PS3 ver.), wasn't it said that all the user levels that were created for those games were still playable on the PS4 LBP3?  So if the same fate awaits PS4 LBP3, am I assuming correctly that all those levels would be gone forever?

Yep, once the servers are toast, everything on them goes straight into the digital dustbin of history if there are no local backups of those levels.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Needles said:

I have some bad news to share. Sony announced LBP 3 will remain offline indefinitely:

“Due to ongoing technical issues which resulted in the LittleBigPlanet™ 3 servers for PlayStation®4 being taken offline temporarily in January 2024, the decision has been made to keep the servers offline indefinitely.”

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Thanks for posting the long awaited update. I had a glimmer of hope they’d fix it but was waiting for something along these lines. Disappointing 

1 minute ago, Suicide_Tortuga said:

Probably the worst news to be given to me on my birthday. 

Yeah, this one is a bummer. Hard to believe such an important franchise went out like this. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but hope you enjoy your day otherwise.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Needles said:

Yeah, this one is a bummer. Hard to believe such an important franchise went out like this. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but hope you enjoy your day otherwise.

Yeah it really did deserve better. It's all good man, thanks for the wishes tho.

• Like 2