Servers taken offline “indefinitely” (April 19, 2024) - LBP3 PS4

37 minutes ago, Mineplanet84 said:

this is more than likely the end for this game. There isn't a chance in hell that Sony is gonna fund money into fixing LBP3's server AGAIN. Hell, this even got the Community Manager for the LittleBigPlanet series banned! 

Well, that's certainly one take. Nothing like a little scare mongering disguised as concern.

I'm sure the devs learned a lot about the last exploit when they were able to salvage LBP3, I guess we will wait and see what happens. At least if it comes back up again, everyone will be more positive in the future and will be more optimistic about servers getting fixed when things like this happen.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Would be surprised if this took down the LBP3 (PS4) servers considering that game can still actively be played on PS5. Bringing down the PS3/Vita servers, while sad, made sense from a business perspective given those were legacy platforms with no real way to play those games on modern consoles.

For now I have no reason to believe that they won't fix it but at least I have dodged this bullet, because I started this game recently and have done the online Trophies first.

Edited by ConAir
  • Like 1

I literally just loaded up lbp3 for the first time and was trying to get the online trophies first. I've waited years to play and the same day I do, this happens. What are the odds lol. At least I didn't earn any single player trophies yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phasmia said:

Does this mean no multiplayer trophies can be done? I have a few DLC trophies left and they need multiplayer I think

You might still be able to do local co-op and once the related pin is earned the trophy should pop, but until it’s tested it’s unknown 

• Like 1

Sony is poor company so probably will never fix this. Sony only can close servers and destroy theirs IP like Killzone/Socom/Motorstorm/Resistance/Order 1886 and more. They also closed near every game servers of their exclusive games, only few is alive at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Because this exact issue happened but it ended up leaving the PS3 and Vita game servers dead even though they were "working on fixing them." 

With their bad track record on the subject, it's completely feasible to assume the servers will be shut for good. :(

I am still bitter about the LBP 3 PS3 server too!

Damn, Sony shouldn't play with us like that. Do you know if their announcement only affects LBP PS4 or Sackboy on PS4/PS5 as well?