Rockstar Editor in Online closes Feb 20th 2024

Jibxi

On 1/20/2024 at 6:55 PM, OPla_Gaming said:

If you DON'T have PS Plus at all, you can wait until February 14th. Sony usually make free pass for multiplayer for a few days on St. Valentines Day. That will be enough to create your character and try it in Director's Mode. Until that you can finish everything in singleplayer.

edit: nvm we just had free online pass in weekend 17-18th of feb 

Edited by RextoR_XP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Provisorus said:

I have a problem with Cris Formage: after meeting at red truck I am donating 500$ and next "?" did nit appear even after more then 48-game hours. What's the problem and how to fix this?

In the guide it takes 24 in game hours but I noticed it's longer than such, go to your safehouse and constantly go to sleep to speed up time. It should appear on your map eventually, the other Epsilon missions have the same issue as well. 

2 hours ago, Provisorus said:

I have a problem with Cris Formage: after meeting at red truck I am donating 500$ and next "?" did not appear even after more then 48-game hours. What's the problem and how to fix this?

If you're sleeping to pass time, I had to leave the bedroom for the text to appear. 

I will say it's best to never switch character whilst doing this quest line as it can cause it to bug out permanently.

2 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

If you're sleeping to pass time, I had to leave the bedroom for the text to appear. 

I will say it's best to never switch character whilst doing this quest line as it can cause it to bug out permanently.

So I need to play whole game all over again? :(

Update: I am download previous save. Again going to epsilon site, pass the test. For now I am donating 500$ through e-mail from Marni and... nothing happens again. Is this affected if I am sleep in the Trevor's trailer?

Edited by Provisorus

2 hours ago, Provisorus said:

Update: I am download previous save. Again going to epsilon site, pass the test. For now I am donating 500$ through e-mail from Marni and... nothing happens again. Is this affected if I am sleep in the Trevor's trailer?

I used Michaels house exclusively and had no problems with this quest.

Def create multiple save files for this quest series though

3 hours ago, Provisorus said:

You could try playing the next story mission. The mission line glitched on me so I had to go back to an old safe, on that save I was sleeping to progress time but no message icon would appear. Played the next story mission and pretty much straight after, the next kifflom mission icon appeared.

Finally, I am done with all Rockstar Editor trophies, even the Director Mode just to be on the safe side. The only thing I decided to skip because I will probably not be able to play this weekend was getting Gold Medal in every single Story and S&F mission, but I will do that at my own pace now that I don't have the stress of this DLC. I know that any more than 70 medals are not required for the plat, but I just like to do everything in these games. This 1+ month was a fair warning to get all trophies done for the entire Single Player without rushing.

If anyone wants to start now, focus on getting Vinewood Visionary, Majestic and Method Actor just to be safe, they can be done 15-20 minutes after you start the game, but you need PS+ for Method Actor. The latter may or not be unobtainable after the 20th, depends on how they will remove the Editor server-wise and which parts of course. If you want to do the whole DLC before the 20th and just starting, I'm afraid you'll have to play a good amount this weekend and skip every cutscene, which is not recommended because the game's story is great.

12 hours ago, Provisorus said:

I heard this part can glitch. Try to sleep as Michael in his house several times, then walk out of the bedroom to receive the e-mail. Try to also switch to GTA Online and back and donate 5,000$ instead of 500$. These were some of the methods that I found online.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, usdel said:

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/25306843224467/Updates-to-the-Rockstar-Editor-in-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-for-PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One

It looks like we will be able to do the trophies even after the update , isn't it ?

Why people are so worried ?

Because it is Rockstar. And something may go wrong despite them saying that all trophies will be unlockable in Director mode. Can you be 100% sure that they will change the requirements of Vinewood Visionary and Majestic to be unlocked properly, without exporting the videos? Better to be safe than sorry, so rightfully people want to get them done now, so they won't have the headache that Rockstar may cause by removing the editor.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Punkerman_00 said:

For the trophy: cryptozoologist you need to unlock Big Foot animal and the other one the WolfMan?

You just need to collect the 21 peyote plants on land in the story mode. No need for Big foot or Wolfman, I’m not even sure how to unlock these and I have the trophy.

Thanks for advises, guys, about Epsilon mission. My problem was in that because Trevor stole Martin's wife and I can't go to main city, only living in desert. After mission with neurotoxin and return Martin's wife, the next Epsilon mission is appear immideatly after switch to Michael. Thanks God! :)

18 hours ago, usdel said:

It looks like we will be able to do the trophies even after the update , isn't it ?

Why people are so worried ?

My main concern is the rockstar editor itself, as in you have to export 10 videos which are related to 2 trophies. If the update says that all trophies are acquirable through director mode, how are we supposed to export videos there, just doesn't make sense. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens on the 20th. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YeehawMcFly said:

I just found out about the editor closing, which trophies should I focus on getting that have the most doubt surrounding them if they’ll still be obtainable after the closure? 

Vinewood Visionary

Majestic

and

Method Actor (just in case)

Every other trophy I was able to pop offline, so even if R* break something with the patch, you'll be able to downgrade to earn them.

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 1

Hello, I have tested alone the offline Rockstar Editor and came with a conclusion, it works offline but it's impossible to load you online char. and to to record and export videos, so possibly 3 trophies will be impossible to obtain, but if you get these 3 trophies:

- Export 1 vídeo

- Export 10 videos

- Use your online charecter

Possible you will be able to obtain the others, offline you can still unlock animals, history characters and LS people, and the trophies will be pooping, I didn't test the PS4 physical without update till this date so I don't know if it works without the update in that version, in February 20 we will see if it be forever gone or Rockstar will give all trophies, that it.

Went offline just in case something bad happens, only trophies left for me in the Rockstar Editor's dlc are:

1. Humans of Los Santos
  2. Ensemble Piece
  3. Cryptozoologist

I think I'll get the 1st and 3rd one today, I'm already feeling safe.

They changed the description for the trophies. 
It says export a video with the editor 5 and 10 times or use the director mode 5 and 10 times. 
So you are all safe since the director mode is still available. 

I already completed all the trophies 2 days ago, guess i got worried for nothing but at least it's done, still a few trophies left for the platinum. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SnowGameuse_11 said:

They changed the description for the trophies. 
It says export a video with the editor 5 and 10 times or use the director mode 5 and 10 times. 
So you are all safe since the director mode is still available. 

I already completed all the trophies 2 days ago, guess i got worried for nothing but at least it's done, still a few trophies left for the platinum. 

How do I access the director mode? I can’t find it on any of the tabs

6 minutes ago, YeehawMcFly said:

How do I access the director mode? I can’t find it on any of the tabs

Perhaps it will come in a forthcoming update. It seems they wanted to get rid of the Rockstar editor the fastest they can to save cloud storage.