Rockstar Editor in Online closes Feb 20th 2024

Jibxi

3 hours ago, K-423HoFi said:

It's only 2 trophies and it's easy, export 10 videos and that's it, you don't even have to start the campaign XD many confuse Director Mode with Rockstar Editor, they will only remove the video editor.

The reason people were confused is because R* didn't make it clear what was being removed, even when some of us emailed and asked they said they didn't know if Director Mode was being removed.

Eventually they updated the help article with a more clear explanation :)

• Like 1

Almost done with this DLC's trophies. Just need to get the Story Characters director trophy to stop worrying about the slightest possibility of them becoming unavailable or to save the trouble of depatching my game if things go south (because it's R* after all). I am quite torn between rushing the story for this trophy or taking my time and enjoy the single player and side-track to do all activities as they become available, which is what I always do in every GTA game. Since we still have 2 weeks left before the Editor goes down, I'm taking the second approach for now. If I don't reach the Lamar Down story mission by the end of the next weekend, I'll probably focus on the Story only to be on the safe side.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DyrekRacc said:

Which does that means that all 10 Rockstar Editor trophies will be unobtainable after February 20th, especially the Director Mode?

There are 2 Rockstar Editor trophies, not 10. If you go by the official Rockstar article, only Rockstar Editor is affected and the two trophies will be unlockable in Director Mode, but they haven't clarified how. Which trophies you will want to get now will depend on how paranoid you are and how much trust you have in Rockstar.

1 hour ago, DyrekRacc said:

Which does that means that all 10 Rockstar Editor trophies will be unobtainable after February 20th, especially the Director Mode?

I would play it safe and get all 10 trophies done before the servers close, that way you are completely future proof and won't run the risk of kicking yourself later for not doing them sooner.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I got one left but I'm burnt out with the game. Right now it's the last game I wanna play. I think I'm just gonna hope I got the ones that won't be available. 

Looking at your trophies it's just Ensemble Piece you need, so you should be good to delay it :)

This game is such a slog to play outside of the story

4 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Looking at your trophies it's just Ensemble Piece you need, so you should be good to delay it :)

This game is such a slog to play outside of the story

I just need to do the Lamar mission to unlock the last character. I dunno how far away from it I even am though

12 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I just need to do the Lamar mission to unlock the last character. I dunno how far away from it I even am though

Judging from your trophies we are about at the same point in the story. Which means you have about 20 story missions left to reach the Lamar Down mission. If you ignore Gold requirements and everything that appears in the side-game like Stranger & Freaks, hell if you decide to skip all cutscenes you can do it in around 4-5 hours of gameplay.

6 hours ago, bati-123a said:

Hey! 

Will the "cryptozoologist" trophy be available after February 20? 🤔

No-one knows for sure, because Rockstar are being vague about how the DLC will change, therefore it's advisable to get all 10 trophies done and out of the way before the servers close so you don't get screwed over later.

1 minute ago, bosstristan said:

So, I understand that all trophies on the PS5 version will still be attainable? Don't want to urgently autopop all single player trophies for nothing.

Correct, only the PS4 version is affected by this server closure - the PS5 won't be affected in any way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

No-one knows for sure, because Rockstar are being vague about how the DLC will change, therefore it's advisable to get all 10 trophies done and out of the way before the servers close so you don't get screwed over later.

I did mention earlier that I obtained the other 7 trophies completely offline, so downgrading will be an option if needed :)

• Like 3

So to summ it up, 2 trophies are very easy to get and they for sure are the ones that will become unattainable.

Vinewood Visionary
Create and export a video using the Rockstar Editor.

Majestic
Create and export 10 videos using the Rockstar Editor.

For all other trophies - there is a possibility to become unnatainable but at our own risk no?

Just looking what I can do in 2 or 3 days. I have completed campaign but 5 years ago.

4 minutes ago, OverHypedG said:

So to summ it up, 2 trophies are very easy to get and they for sure are the ones that will become unattainable.

Vinewood Visionary
Create and export a video using the Rockstar Editor.

Majestic
Create and export 10 videos using the Rockstar Editor.

For all other trophies - there is a possibility to become unnatainable but at our own risk no?

Just looking what I can do in 2 or 3 days. I have completed campaign but 5 years ago.

It would be wise to do 'Method Actor' just in case, if R* do indeed mess something up, then downgrading will not help will this trophy.

• Like 2