Rockstar Editor in Online closes Feb 20th 2024

Jibxi

7 minutes ago, Smashero said:

I think it is a really good reason to finally start this masterpiece, since I would be aiming to achieve 100%.

Probably this question was already asked many times, but I think it would be quite useful to have the info about it here:

Is it possible in this (PS4) version to "meet" hackers while playing online?

I mean that someone will pop-up your trophies out of nowhere and (since it is PS4) they will be synced immediately and your profile is f'ed?

I guess the answer is "no", but I just would like to be sure.

There are hackers in the PS4 version from what I've read on the forums but they're not as common as they were in the PS3 release, plus the worst they can do is screw up your stats by giving you tons of free money, though I would still recommend sticking to private lobbies and only playing with trustworthy friends.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update
  • Like 3

For hackers, if it's anything like the PC version, they could only pop the Levels for you by giving you RP and money. I'd recommend doing the XP on your own, or AFK-turbo it and then feeling somewhat safe in public matches.

I've barely touched the PS4 version so if someone contradicts me who has more experience, trust them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There are hackers in the PS4 version from what I've read on the forums but they're not as common as they were in the PS3 release, though I would still recommend sticking to private lobbies and only playing with trustworthy friends.

Using public lobbies is required for some businesses, however you can drop your MTU to 800 and you'll be the only person in a public game XD  Makes bunker runs insanely easy to rack up fast cash

EDIT - Oh just remembered, the prep work for Doomsday heist requires public lobbies

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 3

Oh, man. Time to download my PS4 cloud save and go after these trophies so I can still have a shot at 100%.

At least I've beaten the game, and I think I can still play with all 3 characters so I can focus on the requirements needed for some of these trophies. I was planning to play the SP from scratch but now I won't bother anymore.

Edited by Eblait

Thanks for the heads up, guys. Without this thread, I would've completely missed that.

I guess, a month should be more than enough to complete the Editor trophies.

After that, it probably becomes a FFXV Comrades situation, where you need a downgrade to get at least 7 out of 10 trophies.

The current version is 1.48, that will probably be the last version with the Editor in it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Using public lobbies is required for some businesses, however you can drop your MTU to 800 and you'll be the only person in a public game XD  Makes bunker runs insanely easy to rack up fast cash

EDIT - Oh just remembered, the prep work for Doomsday heist requires public lobbies

Thanks for the heads up, I was unaware of that detail :).

6 hours ago, HusKy said:

I have a feeling once they shut it down, none of the trophies will be available and downgrading the game won't help.

@jonesey46 They are not required for the platinum. I think they were added later after the release?

Why do you think downgrading won't help? The offline trophies of this DLC might be gone if they patch out the Director Mode, but it will always be obtainable downgrading.

However as we need to use our GTA Online character, 100% of GTA 5 will be gone for sure after the removal (downgrading would have no effect for this most likely)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kolm said:

And @HuntingFever

Someone in a discord server I'm in tested on the PS5 version and he couldn't get all 3 trophies while playing offline:
Vinewood visionary - Create and export a video using the Rockstar Editor
Majestic - Create and export 10 videos using the Rockstar Editor
Method Actor - Enter Director Mode using any of your own GTA Online characters

I'm also assuming that they'll patch out the mode with an update so they can add more online stuff to the installation file.
This would mean that the other trophies are still available if you reverse to a certain patch level although I wouldn't risk it personally :) 
And as far as I know, there's no disc version that includes the Editor patch on disc.

So i was right 😂 annyways better do whole dlc for ps4 and 5 just to be sure then👍

Btw , how much of SP and S&R do i have to do of the game to get all Characters unlocked?

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

It's just a hunch, but the  feature seems to be tangled together with online servers, e.g. exporting from R* Editor. So I would not be surprised if older version (after downgrading) detected servers being down and would straight up refuse to load.

Either way, it does not matter much. 1 trophy, 3 trophies or all 10 trophies. The list will be ruined after this removal forever. 👎

This. It’s going to require an internet connection, and as soon as you connect the game will require an update.

I suggest that everyone do it while they can through official means.

Edited by Eblait
Typo.
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Krepht said:

Will this affect the PS5 list *AT ALL*

Would the shutdown affect the PS5 function too?,

I know it says PlayStation 4.

No, only the PS4 version of this DLC is shutting down - the PS5 release is 100% unaffected but the PS3 version was nuked in December 2021.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support. We understand that you queries regarding Story mode editor. 

The Rockstar Editor and Director Mode utilizes assets from Story mode and Online. For now, it will only be Editor. We have no information on the Director mode yet. 

If you have other concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,

Carlote C.
Rockstar Support

I also contacted Rockstar Support, they pretty much confirmed the same thing they said to @Dark_Overlord

This is the reply they sent to me:

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We apologize for the trouble and confusion, however, there is no information regarding the removal of the Director Mode.

For the latest product information on our titles, we recommend staying tuned to @RockstarGames on Twitter and https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire.

Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future if you are having technical issues with any of our titles.

Best regards,

Kendany A. Rockstar Support

I guess this just comes down to if u trust their word, or would u rather play it safe. 

• Like 1

I only need the Crytozoologist trophy from the dlc, about how long does it take to meet the requirements for that? It's been almost 6 years since I earned other trophies in the rockstar editor dlc so my memory is kind of cloudy right now.

Eh was considering finally playing GTA v with all the hype over vi. But it'll take me a couple months to finish Rdr2 that I'm working on atm. Guess I'll just play the PS5 version if I do. I'll just miss out on a few ultra rates, not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Qwertyui606 said:

Eh was considering finally playing GTA v with all the hype over vi. But it'll take me a couple months to finish Rdr2 that I'm working on atm. Guess I'll just play the PS5 version if I do. I'll just miss out on a few ultra rates, not the end of the world. 

This

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I only need the Crytozoologist trophy from the dlc, about how long does it take to meet the requirements for that? It's been almost 6 years since I earned other trophies in the rockstar editor dlc so my memory is kind of cloudy right now.

I collected all the plants from scratch this evening and it took me a couple of hours.

• Like 2

Here's what I did tonight:

- Turned off automatic updates of applications, so I can refuse the update when it comes 

- Went offline, started up the game, played the prologue and the first mission and went into director mode

- Got first time director and location scout trophies done while offline

- went back online and did the method actor and exporting trophies 

- broke a sweat because vinewood visionary would not pop until I actually edited a clip before exporting. Majestic worked just fine exporting unedited clips 10 times

For me this gives me enough security that as long I don't update the game (hence unabling me to play online till I update again), I can sort out SP on my own pace, get this dlc to 100% and then delve into GTA Online and get the update which removes the director mode. 

11 hours ago, Smashero said:

I think it is a really good reason to finally start this masterpiece, since I would be aiming to achieve 100%.

Probably this question was already asked many times, but I think it would be quite useful to have the info about it here:

Is it possible in this (PS4) version to "meet" hackers while playing online?

I mean that someone will pop-up your trophies out of nowhere and (since it is PS4) they will be synced immediately and your profile is f'ed?

I guess the answer is "no", but I just would like to be sure.

I've got over 2500 hours in GTA online PS4 alone and I've never met a hacker or modder but it isn't outside the realm of possibility, albeit a very low chance

4 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

Using this map https://gtaweb.eu/gtav-map/ls/5pfk, I was able to get Cryptozoologist done in a little over an hour, can probably do it much faster as I wasn't being particularly quick about it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lion1325478 said:

I collected all the plants from scratch this evening and it took me a couple of hours.

Okay, thanks. I will work on it tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Jibxi said:

I've got over 2500 hours in GTA online PS4 alone and I've never met a hacker or modder but it isn't outside the realm of possibility, albeit a very low chance

Using this map https://gtaweb.eu/gtav-map/ls/5pfk, I was able to get Cryptozoologist done in a little over an hour, can probably do it much faster as I wasn't being particularly quick about it

Thanks, the map will be helpful.