Rockstar Editor in Online closes Feb 20th 2024

Jibxi

I started earlier this week with the single player and found the Rockstar Editor DLC trophy guide misleading. It mentions you need to unlock Dr. Friedlander for the Ensemble Piece trophy, but it doesn’t mention it is “missable” to unlock him. Not really missable, but you either need to talk to Dr. Friedlander:

- before the jewel heist (according to the internet) or

- after completing all 69 story missions.

Today I found you can also talk to Dr. Friedlander after the mission “The Wrap Up”, which (for me) occurred before the mission “Lamar Down”.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on how to unlock Dr. Friedlander as fast as possible.

FYI @BluePheonix665 maybe you can update your guide?

Edited by ArgoniusFenrir
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ArgoniusFenrir said:

I started earlier this week with the single player and found the Rockstar Editor DLC trophy guide misleading. It mentions you need to unlock Dr. Friedlander for the Ensemble Piece trophy, but it doesn’t mention it is “missable” to unlock him. Not really missable, but you either need to talk to Dr. Friedlander:

Today I found you can also talk to Dr. Friedlander after the mission “The Wrap Up”, which (for me) occurred before the mission “Lamar Down”.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on how to unlock Dr. Friedlander as fast as possible.

I think I met him at least 5 times during the story, a bubble for his office would just appear at times

Just to be sure what the latest update is:

we are almost sure that the three trophies (Method Actor, Vinewood Visionary & Majestic) will be unobtainable after the update. However, the other 7 trophies probably can be earned after the 20th of February, right? 
And of course there is still a chance that the other trophies will also be unobtainable because it is R* and maybe there wording was misleading. So to be on the safe side we should complete the 2nd dlc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArgoniusFenrir said:

I'm nearing the end of the game and I've only just realized that I completely missed Dr. Friedlander. I call him but nothing...

I could already see myself starting the game again just for him, your message gives me hope.

6 minutes ago, Corle1nes said:

I'm nearing the end of the game and I've only just realized that I completely missed Dr. Friedlander. I call him but nothing...

I could already see myself starting the game again just for him, your message gives me hope.

If you need to restart the game to unlock him, then you should be able to talk to him after the mission Marriage Counselling, which is fairly early on in the game. The "mission" you talk to him then is called Chaos, and is the first time you get the option to talk to him after the intro. He was unlocked in director's mode for me after talking to him in Chaos.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

If you need to restart the game to unlock him, then you should be able to talk to him after the mission Marriage Counselling, which is fairly early on in the game. The "mission" you talk to him then is called Chaos, and is the first time you get the option to talk to him after the intro. He was unlocked in director's mode for me after talking to him in Chaos.

It's all good, I just finished The Wrap Up mission and like @ArgoniusFenrir said, a bubble appeared on the map and I was able to visit Dr. Friedlander.
On the other hand, it launched me directly onto his last mission, the one where I have to make a choice.
I did unlock the character in Editor mode but regarding his previous missions, I hope it won't ruin the 100%.

At worst, I'll restart the game later, if I really have to.
Anyway I unlocked the character, that's all that matters for now 😂

Thank you @ArgoniusFenrir and @Stevieboy for your advices !

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Corle1nes said:

I did unlock the character in Editor mode but regarding his previous missions, I hope it won't ruin the 100%.

His "missions" aren't required for the trophy 100% or in-game 100%, they are completely optional (outside of now requiring to partake in at least one of them for the director's mode unlock). The things required for in-game 100% are generally things involving or centring around Franklin, as he is considered the "main" character for the game.

In short, since you now have the director's mode unlock, you'll be fine.

Edited by Stevieboy

On 1/28/2024 at 8:04 PM, Fohlen_Leo said:

Just to be sure what the latest update is:

we are almost sure that the three trophies (Method Actor, Vinewood Visionary & Majestic) will be unobtainable after the update. However, the other 7 trophies probably can be earned after the 20th of February, right? 
And of course there is still a chance that the other trophies will also be unobtainable because it is R* and maybe there wording was misleading. So to be on the safe side we should complete the 2nd dlc. 

It depends on how they go about disabling the Editor part of the DLC. If it's a standard server closure, then those 3 trophies are all that will be affected but if they go the whole hog and patch out the entire DLC, all of the trophies will be rendered unobtainable. In the event they use the nuclear option, patch reversion will be an option but those 3 specific trophies will still be unobtainable due to the servers no longer being around.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

So I can finally confirm that the remaining 7 trophies can indeed be unlocked fully offline on this patch at least (I've got the pics if anyone needs proof) :)

A minor warning though, in relation to the Humans Of Los Santos.  My partner accidentally killed Impotent Rage (after she'd spoke to him) and he never respawned again EVER.  Looking online a few people have also had this when accidentally killing one (or more) of the 12 required characters.  So if you do accidentally kill them before 'speaking' to them, i'd reload an earlier save just to be safe.

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, ArgoniusFenrir said:

I wanted to post my findings with unlocking Rockstar Editor DLC trophies offline. 

Before I started playing last week, I had never played GTA V on the PS4 on my account before. Initially I kept my PS4 connected to the internet to install GTA V and download all updates.

PS4 system software version: 11.02

GTA V version: 1.48

Next, I disconnected my PS4 from the internet and started playing the single player, skipping all cutscenes. I finished the "Lamar Down" story mission and all Stranger and Freak missions required for the Ensemble Piece trophy.

I just unlocked the following trophies while still being offline:

- First Time Director

- Ensemble Piece

- Cult Movie

- Location Scout

It took me 17 hours to get to this point, in case anyone is wondering if they can make it before February 20th.

I will report back once I unlocked the remaining DLC trophies.

Glad to see you unlocked "Cult Movie" offline, I've ran into an annoying bug with those side missions.

I'm at that point where I'm required to wear the Epsilon robes for that trek in the desert but the Epsilon site shows them "out of stock" (even when Marnie instructs you to buy them by email). They're not in Michael's wardrobe at all and didn't have to wear them for 10 in-game days like many guides have stated happens before the plane mission.

Did you play those cult side missions before completing the main story or after? Trying to narrow down a cause so I can avoid it next time if I need to start a new game.

2 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

Glad to see you unlocked "Cult Movie" offline, I've ran into an annoying bug with those side missions.

I'm at that point where I'm required to wear the Epsilon robes for that trek in the desert but the Epsilon site shows them "out of stock" (even when Marnie instructs you to buy them by email). They're not in Michael's wardrobe at all and didn't have to wear them for 10 in-game days like many guides have stated happens before the plane mission.

Did you play those cult side missions before completing the main story or after? Trying to narrow down a cause so I can avoid it next time if I need to start a new game.

I played them after the game.

To get the robes you have to use the link in the email/text that the cult sends you (forgot who sends it)

Then wait 24 in game hours (if you decide to sleep you must exit the bedroom after 24 hours for the text to come through)

BTW it's best to not change character at all whilst doing this side mission

• Like 1

When i entered online, 4 trophies auto popped from directors cut! So i am guessing these 4 are online required:

Vinewood visionary

Majestic

Method Actor

Location Scout

For Location scout, i am guesing its also server based. So i would advise to treat it as an online trophy just to be sure if you cant make it before 20th of february.

I entered Online first to test this out.

5 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

When i entered online, 4 trophies auto popped from directors cut! So i am guessing these 4 are online required:

Vinewood visionary

Majestic

Method Actor

Location Scout

For Location scout, i am guesing its also server based. So i would advise to treat it as an online trophy just to be sure if you cant make it before 20th of february.

I entered Online first to test this out.

I unlocked location scout while being offline and having only played the introductory mission of the SP.

18 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

I played the Epsilon missions after “Lamar Down” and haven’t played any story missions since.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 3:11 AM, Dark_Overlord said:

I played them after the game.

To get the robes you have to use the link in the email/text that the cult sends you (forgot who sends it)

Then wait 24 in game hours (if you decide to sleep you must exit the bedroom after 24 hours for the text to come through)

BTW it's best to not change character at all whilst doing this side mission

Played them after the finishing the main game too and had used the link in the email when prompted to after meeting Marnie in the alleyway but it just doesn't work, always out of stock.

Did you play on a PS4 console? I've been playing on PS5 but looking like I'll have to start a brand new game, borrowed the disc version running v1.00 from a friend and still bugging out when attempting to buy the robes on my backup saves.

On 1/31/2024 at 4:06 PM, DividedByMankind said:

If you read my post again !! I never said it was online. I just advised. Read before quoting.

And I'm just saying it can be 100% earned offline for anyone worrying they wouldn't make it before February 20th. You're literally saying your guess is that the trophy in question has online required.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

Played them after the finishing the main game too and had used the link in the email when prompted to after meeting Marnie in the alleyway but it just doesn't work, always out of stock.

Did you play on a PS4 console? I've been playing on PS5 but looking like I'll have to start a brand new game, borrowed the disc version running v1.00 from a friend and still bugging out when attempting to buy the robes on my backup saves.

Yes, PS4 game on PS4 console :)

I kept 4 rotating saves the entire game (it's GTA after all) but never encountered this issue sorry.

The only thing I can think of is saving in a different slot, restarting the game (so the game engine resets) and then trying to buy them.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:44 AM, ArgoniusFenrir said:

I wanted to post my findings with unlocking Rockstar Editor DLC trophies offline. 

Before I started playing last week, I had never played GTA V on the PS4 on my account before. Initially I kept my PS4 connected to the internet to install GTA V and download all updates.

PS4 system software version: 11.02

GTA V version: 1.48

Next, I disconnected my PS4 from the internet and started playing the single player, skipping all cutscenes. I finished the "Lamar Down" story mission and all Stranger and Freak missions required for the Ensemble Piece trophy.

I just unlocked the following trophies while still being offline:

- First Time Director

- Ensemble Piece

- Cult Movie

- Location Scout

It took me 17 hours to get to this point, in case anyone is wondering if they can make it before February 20th.

I will report back once I unlocked the remaining DLC trophies.

I completed the Rockstar Editor DLC earlier today. I obtained the following trophies while still being offline:

- Humans of Los Santos

- Cryptozoologist

- Animal Lover

For the remaining three trophies, I had to be online. You can’t even record a clip while being offline.

All in all, it took me around 20 hours (according to the in-game stats) to complete the Rockstar Editor DLC.

According to the PlayStation app, I have played for 30 hours.

Edited by ArgoniusFenrir
Fix typos.
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 7:11 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

Yes, PS4 game on PS4 console :)

I kept 4 rotating saves the entire game (it's GTA after all) but never encountered this issue sorry.

The only thing I can think of is saving in a different slot, restarting the game (so the game engine resets) and then trying to buy them.

Nothing to be sorry for, I appreciate the info and advice 👍