Rockstar Editor in Online closes Feb 20th 2024

Jibxi

On 1/19/2024 at 11:04 AM, Smashero said:

I think it is a really good reason to finally start this masterpiece, since I would be aiming to achieve 100%.

Probably this question was already asked many times, but I think it would be quite useful to have the info about it here:

Is it possible in this (PS4) version to "meet" hackers while playing online?

I mean that someone will pop-up your trophies out of nowhere and (since it is PS4) they will be synced immediately and your profile is f'ed?

I guess the answer is "no", but I just would like to be sure.

There are no hackers on PS4. Only sweaty tryhards. Also, you can play on Invite Only sessions to avoid public lobbies.

Edited by de-jame-solo
  • Like 2

On 1/19/2024 at 2:09 PM, HuntingFever said:

There are hackers in the PS4 version from what I've read on the forums but they're not as common as they were in the PS3 release, plus the worst they can do is screw up your stats by giving you tons of free money, though I would still recommend sticking to private lobbies and only playing with trustworthy friends.

Nah no hackers on PS4. Only mod menus anybody has gotten working have all been single player only. Modded stuff in online was made on PS3 and transferred over. So stuff like having 7 billion cash, fast sprint and a couple other small things character related I can’t remember from way back. People probably think there is because of thermal. Nice little PvP trick with that.

2 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

The 3 definite online ones will take you a few mins to do.  So if you can do those first, the rest *should* be obtainable after that date.

Yes, got those three covered last night. Won't update the game till I'm done with the rest just to be certain. 

9 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Hi. So to make and unlock Rockstar Editior trophies need to finish gta5 story mode first and Rockstar Editor will unlock?

I believe the editor is available very early on but you can't get most of the related trophies until after finishing the main story and completing certain side missions.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 3:54 PM, pavelbagirov said:

Hi. So to make and unlock Rockstar Editior trophies need to finish gta5 story mode first and Rockstar Editor will unlock?

The editor is available from the very start of the game. 5 out of 10 trophies can be gotten after only playing the prologue and the first mission + your first mission in the online as to get access to your online character. These five also include all the stuff that needs you to be online to be able to use the editor. 

For the other 5 you need to unlock stuff through the story mode first. These can all be done in director mode, but it's unsure whether it will be available after the patch. If you can't get all trophies in time, your safest bet is to get those first 5 asap and then don't update your game/play offline till you get the rest, so you'll keep access to director mode and it won't be patched out of your game till you're done. 

Be aware that for Vinewood Visionary to work you might have to actually edit something in your clip. Mine wouldn't pop till I exported an edited clip, Majestic popped after 10 unedited clips without trouble. 

Edited by Baron_Bonk
typo
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 2:16 PM, ShadyWARcotix said:

Some people love to play the bad version of a game just to autopop trophies on a better Version. Sad times.

Me and PS4 gang who can't afford a next gen console

spacer.png

On 1/20/2024 at 10:55 AM, OPla_Gaming said:

So let me make a summary. If you prefer rus or ukr languages, please be my guest.

Rockstar Editor will be deleted from PS4 and Xbox One versions of GTA 5 / GTA Online on February 20th, 2024. Another platforms (PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC) are NOT AFFECTED. Developers say its necessary to keep providing updates for pastgen. It's a little bit strange because multiplayer is going to be without active support in few years (hello, GTA 6!). Most probably it will work same as Red Dead Online. My opinion: they want to put final DLC on old consoles as well to finish Online properly for everydoy. Also there is a chance that PC will get E&E version soon (Tuesday is a day for updates).

Reveal hidden contents

Developers advice to save all projects and clips. See how here.

But of course we are firstly interested in what's going on with trophies. We can discuss how to downgrade the game, which prizes will gone, Director's Mode remain or not, but, as for me, it's better to start trophyhunting right now. One month is more than enough to 100% DLC Trophy Pack 2 which includes 10 prizes. The guide is explaining what must be done very carefully. I just point the main objects. We must:

• complete around 60 main missions (until Lamar Down);
  • meet 12 characters around Los Santos and Count Blaine;
  • finish Freaks & Strangers missions for Beverly (with Franklin), Epsilon (with Michael), Maude and Nidel (both with Trevor);
  • meet Dr. Friedlander after we found out about Amanda and her tennis coach;
  • eat 21 peyote plants on the land (in the water is not necessary);
  • create your Online character.

It will takes you up to 50 hours (you can do it faster). After all of this done you can easily get all trophies in Rockstar Editor / Director's Mode.

Regarding the last task (Online char).

• If you have PlayStation Plus Extra or Premium you can play GTA V now without buying it.
  • If you DON'T have PS Plus at all, you can wait until February 14th. Sony usually make free pass for multiplayer for a few days on St. Valentines Day. That will be enough to create your character and try it in Director's Mode. Until that you can finish everything in singleplayer.

Unfortunately now the game is full price in PS Store. Just around 14 hours before R* announce sales were done. If we knew that we could buy it 50% off. Is there any chances that GTA V will be on sale again until February 20th? I am not sure. To wait or not it's up to you.

Good luck, directors! :bronze::bronze::bronze::bronze::bronze::bronze::bronze::silver::silver::silver:

Thanks for summarizing this information for us !!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Got 100% on the DLC list this weekend.

If you've beaten the game then this should not take long at all, but some of the trophies are missable if you got certain story endings before doing the Strangers and Freaks missions for specific characters.

If you haven't beaten the game you will need to get to a point where all Story characters are unlocked; it should be near the end of the game as many have said. My recommendation is to just enjoy the game, and when you reach the last mission, either go after the required Strangers and Freaks characters for Director Mode, or pick ending C and then go after them. You can also do the missions during the game, it'll be more fun this way and won't risk missing a trophy if you want to pick a different ending.

Happy hunting!

17 hours ago, stuck-energies3 said:

Me and PS4 gang who can't afford a next gen console

If you don't have access to PS5, than obviously you don't have a choice and PS4 version will provide you with a decent experience.

But you would be doing yourself a disservice playing the PS4 version if you have access to PS5 version.

(Also something to keep in mind: this game does not have cross-gen multiplayer.)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sparklebun1996 said:

My guy the PS4 isn't some Mayan artifact.

I never said that? I only said or at least meant IF you have never played GTA 5 and have a ps5. Just play the ps5 version instead of starting the ps4 version and auto popping the ps5 version. It would not kill your exp of course but if you have access to a game with 60 fps, faster loading times, better visuals. Why should you play the "bad" version?

Of course if you own a PS5 and wanna finish your ps4 list. Do it, it's fine.  

42 minutes ago, HusKy said:

If you don't have access to PS5, than obviously you don't have a choice and PS4 version will provide you with a decent experience.

But you would be doing yourself a disservice playing the PS4 version if you have access to PS5 version.

(Also something to keep in mind: this game does not have cross-gen multiplayer.)

Thank you. This is what I meant.

Didn't want to sound rude or something like that. I hope you get a ps5 one day. @stuck-energies3

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DeathNyx said:

Is there a confirmation that Director Mode will be removed as well? 

No one knows if it’ll be patched out or not. Best bet is to get the online trophies done in the rockstar editor, and then turn off updates and play through the single player.
We won’t know until the 20th if the rest of the dlc trophies will still be obtainable or if the entire editor gets patched out of the previous gen versions.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Eblait said:

Got 100% on the DLC list this weekend.

If you've beaten the game then this should not take long at all, but some of the trophies are missable if you got certain story endings before doing the Strangers and Freaks missions for specific characters.

If you haven't beaten the game you will need to get to a point where all Story characters are unlocked; it should be near the end of the game as many have said. My recommendation is to just enjoy the game, and when you reach the last mission, either go after the required Strangers and Freaks characters for Director Mode, or pick ending C and then go after them. You can also do the missions during the game, it'll be more fun this way and won't risk missing a trophy if you want to pick a different ending.

Happy hunting!

Playing through this DLC now and initially thought I'd locked myself out of a specific Strangers and Freaks mission ( Dr Friedlander - Chaos) as I "chose a non returnable option" shall we say. I scanned online and decided to just go to his apartment and was able to meet him briefly and unlock this character in the required director mode, so all good now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

No one knows if it’ll be patched out or not. Best bet is to get the online trophies done in the rockstar editor, and then turn off updates and play through the single player.
We won’t know until the 20th if the rest of the dlc trophies will still be obtainable or if the entire editor gets patched out of the previous gen versions.

The communication with R* and the Newswire is terrible they acting like second class devs, these kind of things need to be specified...

Oh well finger crossed they dont remove it then, i dont want to rush and stress myself for a second 100% even if i really wanted it. Im already doing backup of my clips and i really wanted to play something else after i played only GTA during Christmas event.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 2:35 PM, imminent-file5 said:

Campaign takes about 31 hours on average, then you have to complete all Strangers & Freaks missions (5 hours worth), along with more stuff to do for the other trophies. I could easily see this being a 40 to 45 hours playthrough to complete everything on the Rockstar Editor.

So, I have to finish the whole campaign then +5 hours of specific sidequests to get these trophies? FML, need to start asap then 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeonStJohn said:

So, I have to finish the whole campaign then +5 hours of specific sidequests to get these trophies? FML, need to start asap then 🤦‍♂️

You only need to play the story until after Lamar Down, which tbf is still quite close to the end of it but not fully at the same time.

Edited by Matthew
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LeonStJohn said:

Just got onto it now myself.

I did what I thought was all the online that needed doing with the Doomsday heists and whatnot, but then this Rockstar Editor malarkey has thrown a spanner in the works.

So as of right now, I'm playing:

Farcry 6

Genshin Impact

Vermintide 2

GTA V

At some point I'm gonna get all these controls mixed up I just know it 🤣

But GTA V for all its faults has been pretty fun, enjoying the single player waaaaaay more than I ever did the multiplayer. Flying seems to be worse though 😖

Hoping you get it done 👍

Having an incomplete list sat on your profile sucks

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Matthew said:

You only need to play the story until after Lamar Down, which tbf is still quite close to the end of it but not fully at the same time.

Alright, thx for the added info 👍

Gonna check the SP guide and start with this as soon as I can 🤦‍♂️

Can someone who is done with the SP part check what trophies in rockstar editor pop for them offline? Like with literally WiFi turned off?

Ofc the 3 online trophies won't but that's pretty much definite answer what trophies of the remaining 7 will be achivable after the patch with downgrading/not updating.

That would be very helpfull 

Edited by WiktorM101
Typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WiktorM101 said:

Can someone who is done with the SP part check what trophies in rockstar editor pop for them offline? Like with literally WiFi turned off?

Ofc the 3 online trophies won't but that's pretty much definite answer what trophies of the remaining 7 will be achivable after the patch with downgrading/not updating.

That would be very helpfull 

I'm going to do that, just got 15 more missions in the campaign, then the collectables to get.

• Like 2