Both versions PS4 and PS5 free now feb 17 US Store

ZEE11W

Just a heads up 

free games and all lol 

Both versions PS4 and PS5 free now feb 17 US Store. Not sure about EU tried to find the other stack on my alt couldn’t find it. 

edit: found it on EU store. Free as well 

Edited by ZEE11W
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Tells me the PS5 version is "unavailable" (web + app).

8 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Same here (NA)

same here on the app. But on PS5 was able to download both versions. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZEE11W said:

same here on the app. But on PS5 was able to download both versions. 

Took come tinkering on the PS5 store, but can confirm it's available. I had to go to the PS4 version, click the 3 dots, select "View Product", then on the next screen select the 3 dots again and choose "PING REDUX". This eventually brought me to a PS4/PS5 combo page that let me select the version.

• Like 1

Can confirm, it is available in the EU as well. You can get up to 3 platinums for the game, PS4 EU and NA, as well as PS5. All of them are free at the moment for some reason, so be sure to grab all versions if you are a trophy hunter. 

I'm playing it right now and it's actually not bad at all. Music is really good and gameplay is simple but not trash or anything. It's nothing I'd pay for probably, but for free it's definitely worth a try. Especially for the platinums.

Don't know about auto pop tho, probably doesn't work. But it's not like the game is hard or anything so.

• Like 1

After getting "release date null" for the PS4 and PS5 version via the ps5 store, and repeatedly getting download failed messages, I did my workaround by downloading the PS4 version to an actual PS4, which then puts it in your library.

Then go to library on ps5 and you can download both ps4 and ps5 versions.

Hope this helps 

Is this a limited-time thing? Is the game any good? Is it just easy, or is it an EZPZ? Key art makes it seem like a Breakout/Arkanoid-esque arcade game, which I'd be down for, but if it's just effortless trophy fodder junk with a five-minute plat then I don't want that on my profile.

4 hours ago, blue_blur_98 said:

Is this a limited-time thing? Is the game any good? Is it just easy, or is it an EZPZ? Key art makes it seem like a Breakout/Arkanoid-esque arcade game, which I'd be down for, but if it's just effortless trophy fodder junk with a five-minute plat then I don't want that on my profile.

it’s actually not easy. Not a 5 minutes game s if you are good at it. One hour or so to platinum it. Check the 100% here and you can have a time estimate.   

Edited by ZEE11W

20 hours ago, blue_blur_98 said:

Is this a limited-time thing?

Seems to be permanent, the developer confirmed this on Twitter, to quote: "I wasn't making much money on the game anymore and I decided I'd rather have many people play it for free rather than get a free McDonalds happy meal per month."

Which I find really interesting concerning the financial viability of small-scale game development on console.