[Patched] Glitch Discovered Instant New Game+ Trophy

On 3/17/2024 at 4:26 PM, mega-tallica said:

Keywords there are 'good' and 'fun'. 

You happen to like the game, now imagine if you didn't. You wouldn't be saying the same. That's where those 'some ppl' are coming from. 

...then I would leave the game alone and not pursue the trophy. I mean, when you dislike a game and find yourself searching online for ways to unlock a trophy, that's when I would probably stop and ask myself, 'What the f am I even doing?' I've always viewed trophies as a means to enhance the gaming experience prior to joining this site. If it ever evolves into this OCD fixation, I'm out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

...then I would leave the game alone and not pursue the trophy. I mean, when you dislike a game and find yourself searching online for ways to unlock a trophy, that's when I would probably stop and ask myself, 'What the f am I even doing?' I've always viewed trophies as a means to enhance the gaming experience prior to joining this site. If it ever evolves into this OCD fixation, I'm out.

Which most logical people would do. But in this case where you can rush the game in like 6 hours, it's not too terrible even if you didn't like the game that much initially. Not that this game is bad, because it isn't, but it wasn't exactly a game I was looking forward to playing again any time soon. 

I actually liked it more rushing it in NG+, didn't have to sit through all those cutscenes and it was just all gameplay. To me, that made it more enjoyable to play and kept the pacing more consistent compared to my initial playthrough. Although having to re-do the slow walking sections like at the lab and Coney Island was not so fun to have to do again. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 4:26 PM, mega-tallica said:

About 6 hours skipping all possible cutscenes and just doing necessary story missions.

Your fast travel gets reset in NG+ so a lot of that time is spent just traveling to the missions which is annoying. 

You happen to like the game, now imagine if you didn't. You wouldn't be saying the same. That's where those 'some ppl' are coming from. 

I know this is a trophy hunter community but if it is no fun, then stay away from the game.

Hunting is not about getting everything 100% if there is no fun in that, it's about choosing what to hunt as well.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 10:50 AM, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

Also a fun game can be played for fun several times without earning anything like a trophy, did no one here ever replay a game in the past, or back in the days when there were no achievements at all?

Not once lol. When I was kid I rarely even finished games in the first place lmao. There has not been a point in my life where I haven ever desired to replay a game, save for a few exceptions.

On 3/17/2024 at 10:50 AM, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

Also spider-man 2 was no bloody mess at release at all, it was pretty decent and the few glitches most ppl experienced were mostly visual

It was far from a Jedi Survivor and very very far from a cyberpunk, so some ppl need to chill.

This was true for me as well, it was absolutely a clean release, if there were any glitches they were certainly minor and I remember none.

15 minutes ago, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

I know this is a trophy hunter community but if it is no fun, then stay away from the game.

Hunting is not about getting everything 100% if there is no fun in that, it's about choosing what to hunt as well.

Going for trophies and 100% is what can make it fun even if the game itself isn't. 

And like I said before, in this particular case, the NG+ trophy actually made me appreciate the game more than I did initially so it actually turned out to be a net positive having to play the game again that I wouldn't have otherwise if it weren't for trophies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

So you are in the position to tell people what they should play or not, depending on how much fun they have? Ok then... As you realized, this is a trophyhunter community. Now imagine there are people also playing games they don't like for trophies. I even know people who only play games that are known for being hard and frustrating, they have fun in having no fun. Can you believe it? 

13 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Going for trophies and 100% is what can make it fun even if the game itself isn't. 

And like I said before, in this particular case, the NG+ trophy actually made me appreciate the game more than I did initially so it actually turned out to be a net positive having to play the game again that I wouldn't have otherwise if it weren't for trophies. 

Thats absolutely true, I often feel the same and depending on the game I am sometimes even happy about some ng+ tropies.

11 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

So you are in the position to tell people what they should play or not, depending on how much fun they have? Ok then... As you realized, this is a trophyhunter community. Now imagine there are people also playing games they don't like for trophies. I even know people who only play games that are known for being hard and frustrating, they have fun in having no fun. Can you believe it? 

You should check your english, bc I didnt say any of that :)

But there is no fun in having no fun, what you refer to is a high enjoyment born out of commitment and success, but that still IS fun, thats actually exactly what I meant in my post: we choose what we hunt, and i choose to hunt for hard trophies every now and then as well, but whenever I do, i know I chose it and dont bitch about it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Where exactly did he tell people what they should play or not? If you want to argue just for the sake of arguing, at least pick something that makes sense. Also, if there were to be a shit-eating community, I would still be allowed to express my opinion that I don't think eating shit is good for your health.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2024 at 8:26 AM, mega-tallica said:

About 6 hours skipping all possible cutscenes and just doing necessary story missions.

Your fast travel gets reset in NG+ so a lot of that time is spent just traveling to the missions which is annoying. 

Some people have taste issues, news at 11

On 4/2/2024 at 9:05 PM, emailking said:

Well he doesn't show the version and doesn't show how to access it. If he's been offline since before Sony sent out the kill switch, it may just be the version before they patched it out.

you can actually bypass the update lock screen or what you call the killswitch and it has nothing to do with going online or not thats what the videos are showcasing

Edited by MikeyIsBaeYTB

Um...so I played this game without connecting my console to the internet...got my platinum and NG+...and I ended up with missing timestamps for most trophies.

I earned them through this debug mode, but if someone reports me I have video evidence that I earned these trophies while playing in debug mode. 

Is this normal to have missing timestamp trophies if you're not connected to PSN for a long time?

7 minutes ago, Starlighthed211 said:

Um...so I played this game without connecting my console to the internet...got my platinum and NG+...and I ended up with missing timestamps for most trophies.

I earned them through this debug mode, but if someone reports me I have video evidence that I earned these trophies while playing in debug mode. 

Is this normal to have missing timestamp trophies if you're not connected to PSN for a long time?

Yes it is normal, plus it can sometimes be a sign the CMOS battery on the motherboard is dying so needs replacing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes it is normal, plus it can sometimes be a sign the CMOS battery on the motherboard is dying so needs replacing.

Needs?

What happens if I don't replace it? I'll get missing timestamp trophies from now on if I'm not connected to PSN for a while? I really don't want to replace a battery that isn't easily accessible.

3 hours ago, Starlighthed211 said:

Needs?

What happens if I don't replace it? I'll get missing timestamp trophies from now on if I'm not connected to PSN for a while? I really don't want to replace a battery that isn't easily accessible.

If you don't replace it now, the timestamp errors will become more and more frequent until the internal clock gives out completely and you are forced to manually reset the time and date every single time you boot up the console. The sooner you get it fixed, the sooner the problems go away for good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Starlighthed211 said:

What happens if I don't replace it? I'll get missing timestamp trophies from now on if I'm not connected to PSN for a while?

If you are always connected to PlayStation Network, you shouldn't worry about it.

here goes nothing

to bypass the "update" screen, the killswitch whatever you call it (still requires you to be on 1.002.000)

all you do is 

1. go offline on your ps5

2. move it to your PS4 external hard drive

3. once its moved, move it back to your PS5 storage and it should work as long as you've stayed offline (yes its that easy)

• Like 1