Trophy Thoughts

AOpal-10

36 minutes ago, Dimka284 said:

did you see how the game looks though? It is obvious that only the ps5's sheer power can run this thing..

Rhythm based game must run at stable 60 FPS. That's why it ain't coming to Switch (probably).

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

The Arcade Challenge is the hardest thing?

When I scrolled through it looked like the easiest part of the list

Pretty much yeah. The hardest part for me was definitely BPM Rush, where the BPM gets faster and the enemies get harder. In the base game, the BPM only increases in like 2 parts, but they're relatively minor. Then we have Power Up! Tower Up! which is pretty much BPM Rush in the format of a rougelike. Now me personally, I'm terrible at rougelikes so you might have an easier time getting through it. Still though the DLC is crazy in comparison.

The best recommendation I can give for the S Rank stuff is don't care about it on a first playthrough, get your bearings and if it happens it happens and then after you get all collectibles start from the hardest difficulty and go down because if you can do S on Rhythm Master you can also do it on Very Hard and the rest, this way you get practice and also improve your skills against the hardest difficulty before tackling the rest. 

This is what I did and once I finished the Rhythm Master S Ranks I went from "I'm never getting this 100%" to doing them all in 2 days, it really gives a dopamine rush 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2024 at 5:53 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Trophy tiles are cool. Game looks hard as hell. I suck at rhythm games, so probably won’t play it myself. Good luck to those who do.

Please don't let this stop you from getting this title, it was my first rhythm game, and boy what a tremendous amount of fun and joy i had with it. Well worth the purchase.

• Like 3

On 3/12/2024 at 6:44 PM, blue_blur_98 said:

Just looking at the trophy list, I honestly don't see how this is a 10/10 in terms of difficulty

The trophy list is just the tip of the iceberg . A single trophy that requires completing the wall of fame is 10/10 alone. It has boatload of requirements such as finishing the game in all difficulty modes separately with an S rank each, defeating all bosses without taking damage, multiple completions of Rhythm Tower(a.k.a. Bloody Palace) with different requirements each, and more. This game will take tremendous amount of time and effort to platinum(skill based). I'd give it an 11/10 in terms of 100% completion. That said, unless you are an absolute completionist and can tolerate games with an unfinished trophy lists in your profile, do not let this to discourage you from getting this game. Hi-Fi Rush is a blast to play and i highly recommend it.

• Like 1

Game is hard but not EXTREMELY hard. I mean, is a DMCV hard, but not a Ninja Gaiden Sygma 2 nor Crypt of the Necrodancer nor Guitar Hero Van Halen kinda hard.

Not a 10/10 in my opinion. I know one spanish guy who did 100% on Xbox including DLC and the guy doesn't have a lot of hard games in his achievement's list. I'm not saying is easy as well but definitely this game will be in Devil May Cry Numbers instead of Ninja Gaiden numbers of completionist people. Data is data and you can't fool that.

Edited by ChristianHenares

On 3/13/2024 at 6:51 AM, Dry said:

Releasing a PS4 game in 2024 is equal to releasing a PS3 game in 2017. I think it's time to move on from expecting games to end up on 8th generation hardware.

Agreed, kinda. There we have Diablo IV on Xbox One and PS4 and it looks terrific graphically. A port for Hi-Fi Rush is possible if done properly, we've seen many things harder to achieve in the past. But they're probably not willing to do it.

I can think of a lot of games graphically better for the PS4 FAT and Xbox One FAT running wild and almost perfectly fine -almost like the Xbox Series S|X and PS5 ports- in the recent years:

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
Marvel's Avengers
Diablo IV
The Last of Us Part II
Halo Infinite
Forza Horizon 5
Horizon: Forbidden West
God of War: Ragnarok

And in the past playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on PS3 or Xbox 360 it was brutal on those ports as well. It can be done, but properly and with a lot of work.

• Like 1

I'm about half story in already but I don't know, it seems that I cannot figure out how to play this game. I mean I cannot feel the *beat* and could not get S-rank even once no matter how hard I try. Also... honestly, I kinda find this game boring, literally falling asleep while I play, maybe it's just not my cup of tea or maybe I just don't get something.

So any advise or tips guys? I would really appreciate it.

19 hours ago, avalyanart said:

I'm about half story in already but I don't know, it seems that I cannot figure out how to play this game. I mean I cannot feel the *beat* and could not get S-rank even once no matter how hard I try. Also... honestly, I kinda find this game boring, literally falling asleep while I play, maybe it's just not my cup of tea or maybe I just don't get something.

So any advise or tips guys? I would really appreciate it.

Rhythm games typically demand you put in the work to get better. Adding in all the action game mechanics on top of it, and I can easily see someone going an entire playthrough of Hi-Fi Rush and still not getting it.

Here are some suggestions:

• Make a conscious effort to determine whether you tend to "rush" or "drag". For the not musically inclined, that's inputting faster or slower than the beat. It's probably one or the other, and if it is one or the other, it's probably rushing given gamers are trained to mash. This was a hump I had to make an effort to get over in my rhythm game career.
  • When you're running through hallways, take the opportunity to R1 dodge to the beat. Start just the first note of the bar, then add in 2 and 3 (you can't dodge on 4). This can possibly help get you in the right groove for when combat starts.
  • If you're not finding the rhythms, don't try to move to complicated combos. Though it may sound boring if you're at the halfway point, nailing :square::square::square::square: and the beat hit with perfects is more important than using your full combo set improperly in the long run. Fundamentals.
Edited by Trigonometrize
  • Like 3

@Trigonometrize thank you!<3
I'm usually not that bad at rhythm games and yes I couldn't agree more that you need to practice and stuff to get better. It's just that I cannot feel the beat in the music to help me determine when to make my moves. I know that except music there are a lot of things that should help with that such as the whole environment movement, character animations and also UI beat tracker, but I just get a headache trying to focus on all that stuff lol (getting old probably).
I do use a few combos in battles plus some aerial but still find it's deadly boring, and not only in battles. But anyway, I appreciate you help, hope I'll get in it:)

Not really adding to the trophies but… this game is freaking good man

Everything about it is awesome, I never played a rhythm game of any type but man the combat is extremely satisfying once you get the hang of it. So happy this came to PlayStation!

Edited by MoreFuego
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, OmartheWumpa said:

It's a pretty fun list tbh. The only bothering part is the difficulty trophies not being stackable.

The thing is that you not only have to do all difficulties but also to get an S rank on all of them. Considering that I already beat it about 3.5 times in order to get S on easy and normal (but it's just me).
And also you have to do almost all bosses without damage. 
As I see it, I'll probably need 7-8 playthroughs :D 

8 hours ago, avalyanart said:

The thing is that you not only have to do all difficulties but also to get an S rank on all of them. Considering that I already beat it about 3.5 times in order to get S on easy and normal (but it's just me).
And also you have to do almost all bosses without damage. 
As I see it, I'll probably need 7-8 playthroughs :D 

Yeah. I'm about to go through Rhythm Master today. Let's hope I'll have a better time than my last playthrough.😅

Almost have the plat just need to no hit Kale and do the rhythm tower, it's definitely not as hard as the xbox guide says it is (i'd say it is a 7-8 / 10) it's really just a grind takes 65+ hours i'd say but it is so doable and rewarding (i don't really have a history in rhythm games, so from that perspective).

#1 strat for getting S ranks is to spam your assists that's pretty much all that matters and hibiki is so so useful it wipes out entire battles and for higher difficulties there's a special for getting health that's really clutch. If you didn't S rank a battle, you can quit out by just returning to the hideout during the rating and it will place you back before the battle, also for bosses (for damageless) you can do the same but be placed after checkpoints (save scumming lol) which is very useful. For rhythm master (and generally for scoring) whenever you aren't fighting an enemy (especially in track 6 for example) you can dodge 2x then light attack then repeat in order to keep your score from dipping, also a faster way to get around

Saved so much time by S ranking every level getting the collectibles on easy and then replaying the rest, then moving on to the next level rather than individual playthroughs. Only hard part is the damageless bosses but you never lose more than a couple minutes if you get hit so i wouldn't say that the plat is very hard, definitely worth it if you enjoy the game and S ranking the battles.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BroookieCoookiee said:

Almost have the plat just need to no hit Kale and do the rhythm tower, it's definitely not as hard as the xbox guide says it is (i'd say it is a 7-8 / 10) it's really just a grind takes 65+ hours i'd say but it is so doable and rewarding (i don't really have a history in rhythm games, so from that perspective).

#1 strat for getting S ranks is to spam your assists that's pretty much all that matters and hibiki is so so useful it wipes out entire battles and for higher difficulties there's a special for getting health that's really clutch. If you didn't S rank a battle, you can quit out by just returning to the hideout during the rating and it will place you back before the battle, also for bosses (for damageless) you can do the same but be placed after checkpoints (save scumming lol) which is very useful. For rhythm master (and generally for scoring) whenever you aren't fighting an enemy (especially in track 6 for example) you can dodge 2x then light attack then repeat in order to keep your score from dipping, also a faster way to get around

Saved so much time by S ranking every level getting the collectibles on easy and then replaying the rest, then moving on to the next level rather than individual playthroughs. Only hard part is the damageless bosses but you never lose more than a couple minutes if you get hit so i wouldn't say that the plat is very hard, definitely worth it if you enjoy the game and S ranking the battles.

Nice! I been doing the same thing with save scumming and just backing out to the menu when I mess up a fight. I did the no hits already I just need to play and s rank the harder difficulties and then rhythm tower.

Off topic, but upsetting more people aren't playing this game. Seeing South Park Snow Day and Mystic Pillars (I get it because its free, but no one is playing that for fun, only the easy plat) beat it in the popular list sucks because it deserves the attention. People will spend $70 on rise of the mediocracy, but over look gems like this. Thank god Helldivers 2 is still in second place, still playing that after I got the plat weeks ago.

On 3/28/2024 at 11:02 AM, BroookieCoookiee said:

This is fantastic info, thank you very much!

It's really not that bad of a platinum if you have a decent baseline level of rhythm aptitude. The strategies that worked well for me:

S-Ranks/Rhythm Master

• Some combination of rhythm meter, battery, and combo-enhancing chips.
  • Hibiki + Pick Me Up specials.
  • Use :square::triangle::triangle: liberally to soak up batteries. 
  • As needed, rack up huge points by just spamming Jam Combos one after another and overkilling enemies. The easier the difficulty and the fewer the enemies in a chorus, the more likely you'll need to use Jam Combos.
  • When you're good on points, just Hibiki to get 80-100% through a battle right then and there.

Rhythm Tower

• Chips should be batteries, batteries, and more batteries.
  • Same specials.
  • Similar strategy as above, but no Jam Combos; just Hibiki.
  • Go for beat hits even if you'll hit nothing, as committing to finishing the combo and landing the beat hit is usually going to be a net time save. Even go for beat hits as the floor is ending.
  • Like 4