Trophy Thoughts

AOpal-10

36 minutes ago, AOpal-10 said:

Xbox Achievements has their guide at a 10/10

there is only a single vote for the difficulty rating.

Is it still ridiculously hard? I'd imagine. But I'd also say a single persons review shouldn't be the determining factor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~I don't understand why the game requires 5 playthroughs.~~ I don’t know why Tango didn’t make the difficulty ones stackable. Reminds me of Zombi~~U~~ - _ -

Like, if you can beat it on the hardest difficulty, then obviously you're good enough to beat it on the lower difficulties.

I had claimed a Game Pass code specifically to play this game on PC, but then never got around to it.

Maybe I'll check it out eventually, even though I'll probably never be able to Platinum/100% it.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

there is only a single vote for the difficulty rating.

Is it still ridiculously hard? I'd imagine. But I'd also say a single persons review shouldn't be the determining factor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't understand why the game requires 5 playthroughs.

Like, if you can beat it on the hardest difficulty, then obviously you're good enough to beat it on the lower difficulties.

Difficulty achievements did not stack on Xbox version so most likely trophies will be the same so 5 playthroughs for 5 difficulty settings, like some old times with early 360/ps3 games (Deadly Premonition X360 for a quick example).

Edited by Demek97

8 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Main trophy tile is awesome looking. Gets me excited to play it. 

@AOpal-10 Are the trophies the same as the achievements?

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/hi-fi-rush/guide/

Yeah they are exactly the same with the addition of the Platinum trophy. From what I was looking at 

Just as @OmegaRejectz was stating only one person has reviewed the difficulty rating. Its the only guide I looked at before posting but I'm still interested in seeing the results of how many will achieve the platinum if its actually that difficult as that guide suggested. 

26 minutes ago, Demek97 said:

Difficulty achievements did not stack on Xbox version so most likely trophies will be the same so 5 playthroughs for 5 difficulty settings, like some old times with early 360/ps3 games (Deadly Premonition X360 for a quick example).

Oh. My bad.

I knew *why* it required 5 playthroughs, I was more so confused why Tango didn’t stack the difficulty achievements.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 1

Reminds me of DMC, can’t stack the difficulties cause they want you to master the game. Also damn those are beautiful looking tiles.

Never played a rhythm game so excited to try out this experience!

• Like 1

Just looking at the trophy list, I honestly don't see how this is a 10/10 in terms of difficulty as some of our Xbox achievement-hunting friends have said. Don't get me wrong, it definitely looks very challenging, but I don't think this would be on the same level as other 10/10 plats like Super Meat Boy or something. To me, a 10/10 signifies a game that requires constant, absolute pin-point perfection on all fronts. The difficulty and challenge mode trophies seem like they'd require a lot of skill, but definitely not outright perfection - from what I've seen, this seems like one of those "hard but fair" games where you have at least a little bit of room for error despite the high level of challenge. It doesn't seem like there's any crazy one-hit death modes like some other beat-'em-ups have either.

Unless the requirements for the Wall of Fame have some crazy hard curveballs, this looks like a hard Platinum, but not overwhelmingly so. Difficult, but doable so long as you get good at the game. Supposedly you would have to play the game five times over just to get the difficulty trophies done, though, which I think is pretty dumb. Never been a fan of unstackable difficulty trophies. I am glad the game is free from Xbox jail, and although I can't play it right away since I don't own a PS5, I'll definitely give it a whirl sometime down the line when I do get my hands on one.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I knew *why* it required 5 playthroughs, I was more so confused why Tango didn’t stack the difficulty achievements.

The same reason DMC doesn't stack difficulties.

It's meant to be completed on S rank on every difficulty anyway.

38 minutes ago, blue_blur_98 said:

Just looking at the trophy list, I honestly don't see how this is a 10/10 in terms of difficulty as some of our Xbox achievement-hunting friends have said. Don't get me wrong, it definitely looks very challenging, but I don't think this would be on the same level as other 10/10 plats like Super Meat Boy or something. To me, a 10/10 signifies a game that requires constant, absolute pin-point perfection on all fronts. The difficulty and challenge mode trophies seem like they'd require a lot of skill, but definitely not outright perfection - from what I've seen, this seems like one of those "hard but fair" games where you have at least a little bit of room for error despite the high level of challenge. It doesn't seem like there's any crazy one-hit death modes like some other beat-'em-ups have either.

Unless the requirements for the Wall of Fame have some crazy hard curveballs, this looks like a hard Platinum, but not overwhelmingly so. Difficult, but doable so long as you get good at the game. Supposedly you would have to play the game five times over just to get the difficulty trophies done, though, which I think is pretty dumb. Never been a fan of unstackable difficulty trophies. I am glad the game is free from Xbox jail, and although I can't play it right away since I don't own a PS5, I'll definitely give it a whirl sometime down the line when I do get my hands on one.

It's a 9/10 bare minimum, trust me, I also thought it was simple before playing it but then you open the hall of fame and it gets insane haha

Since I already 1000Gd it at launch I'm probably skipping this plat but hope everyone has fun above all and don't stress too much about the trophies, take your time and they will come your way

I am so glad that the Arcade Challenge! update was separate from the launch achievements. I wouldn't able to obtain the Platinum otherwise. Still, I can't wait to complete this game one more time!

Edited by OmartheWumpa

1 hour ago, OmartheWumpa said:

I am so glad that the Arcade Challenge! update was separate from the launch achievements. I wouldn't able to obtain the Platinum otherwise. Still, I can't wait to complete this game one more time!

The Arcade Challenge is the hardest thing?

When I scrolled through it looked like the easiest part of the list

6 hours ago, blue_blur_98 said:

Unless the requirements for the Wall of Fame have some crazy hard curveballs

I wouldn't say curveballs but it is the reason the difficulty is considered so high. The Wall of Fame is essentially a second whole trophy list inside the game itself that must be completed. Tons of different challenges in it ranging from doing bosses without taking damage, level based contextual challenges, clearing rhythm tower (basically something akin to Bloody Palace in DMC) while also S ranking it and doing it without using items, and of course the biggest time sink/challenge: S ranking every level on every difficulty. And like most other score based action games, no difficulty stacking, gotta prove you can S rank every level multiple times.