A thread for the Legendary VR Missions

Finally, friendship done. I actually went to practice Odin solo before I managed to clear. Now hero next, the last one to my 100% play log.

Edit: of course, saving that limit break for the last part save me from imprisonment. 

Edited by captain_evil777

First three brutals were a breeze with @Optinoobyguides, fourth fight I died on wave 10 :( tried one more time and died on wave 3, the adjuticator wouldn't take any damage so I think I did something wrong. Will try again but so far the guides have been awesome.

• Like 1

I did these yesterday and I can say they're not extremely bad as some other games Ive done but bad enough to get a little angry at, but overall I felt like some of the minigames were worse just because of how they played.

Edited by GrimReaperMakoto

FInally beated it, took me a week struggling on "bound of friendship" using wind build (with a change on some materias to make it easier, magic focus > mp absorb, got unlimited MP just by spamming aeroga, and with most of blue materias lvl4, didn't want to farm AP for max lvl...)

Could reach bahamut/odin almost everytime but failing against Odin & Bahamut, the nerves to spend 20min on a boss rush, failing and having to start from scratch rofl.

I loved the game, but this trophy almost made me sick of the game, it's by far my hardest FF platinum.

Finally finished all the VR missions and earned the platinum. Mentioned before but definitely practice is the thing that will make the difference if you’re struggling. Learning how the bosses work helps so much. I was getting destroyed by Alexander for a few runs until I got into a rhythm. I played more defensively than I normally would (Was following the Aeroga strat) where if I felt I was in trouble on the harder for me fights and didn’t have 2 ATB I’d use an T2 spell to heal up a bit. Good luck to all who are working towards this, it may take a bit of time but definitely achievable.

Beat the fourth brutal fight today on my first try of the day. Wave 10 was a bit sketchy but I pulled it off... @Optinooby is the GOAT.

Are people generally doing hard mode before these to get all the manuscripts? Or doing these first to get the Gotterdamerung for hard mode? In Remake I went for Gotterdamerung first but it seems like MP management in hard mode in Rebirth is a bit easier so I won't need to limit break every trash mob encounter.

Edited by Teeeejay1
  • Like 1

Another amazing guide from the GOAT @Optinooby, thanks a lot! Beat Rulers of the Outer Worlds on 5:56 thanks to his broken build! I was so lucky with Sephirot as he never had the chance to Octaslash me. He chained Barret after I already had Manawall and Arcane Ward on Aerith, so I just bombed him with Fire++ and stunlocked him!

Now only the one person bouts left and heading to hard mode.

• Like 2

I've made a lot of progress and now I've reached legendary challenge 9, how do you recommend I do it? I'm using wind magic at the moment, but I lose at the sixth boss

Edited by darktore

I finally managed to beat them all using mostly @Optinooby`s videos.

The one exception was To be a Hero where I just controlled Sephirot and combined with a few buffs from Cloud made him a killing machine. I got it second try that way because first time I had trouble adjusting to Sephy`s dodge + Pierce mechanic and Odin didn´t forgive me.

Now I have only Hard Mode left but I will take a break and play something short and comfy before I start because the challenges and the minigames exhausted me

• Like 1

I think I did the best after 100 attempts and was very nervous😂 I did the 10th after 2 attempts, it's easier because Sephiroth is strong, and with the Triangle he makes spectacular moves, but he doesn't have the magic I had with Zack which was useful, but has awakening

thank @Optinooby

• Like 1

Man, I’m totally losing steam with Bonds of Friendship. I consistently get to Odin and things just go to RNG shit. Having to start over is soul crushing after losing at the last boss. I have absolutely loved this game and this is ruining it for me but my trophy OCD won’t let me quit. 

As everyone else has said, thanks to Optinoob for the guides. You’re the best in the business. 

Edited by shelsayfarm
  • Like 2

On 3/14/2024 at 10:17 PM, Pawelos21 said:

Those challenges are amazing and I am so happy that my favorite game also has trophies which are harder than most other games. That is good cause it will divide those casual players from dedicated skilled players. In my opinion THIS is what trophies should be about! :) 

No, no, you just like self-torture. 

I beat Bonds of Friendship last night...it took me TEN HOURS of trying to do it (literally spent all day on it). Putting Bahamut and Odin at the end like that is EVIL. I have never felt such agony chasing a Platinum before because that was easily one of the hardest challenges I've ever overcome in 11+ years of trophy hunting. Even with Optinoob's guide, it was still excruciatingly difficult. However, I have a couple tips for anyone still struggling:

1. When Odin casts Spatial Distortion, make sure you're in the middle of the arena so that you can quickly move over to the non-electrifying side with your partner. Also, when he gets close to about a quarter health, switch to Zack because he's about to cast Temporal Imprisonment and start building up ATB to cast Manawall on Cloud, Healing, Haste, etc. If all those effects are already applied just try to damage and pressure him as much as possible before he subdues Zack. I cast Fira a couple times and surprisingly that pressured him quite a bit. Doing this will also take his attention off Cloud.
  2. To speed things up with the Mindflayer, I recommend doing the synergy ability to pressure him. Obviously, all you gotta do is get to Synergy Level 3 which will happen naturally with Cloud but you gotta make sure to cast two additional ATB actions with Zack; whenever Cloud is casting Aeroga, simply switch to Zack to quickly build up one ATB. I suggest Manawall then Haste on Cloud. Now when he goes to do his next Psychotic Break, use the synergy ability to cancel the attack and pressure him - this'll speed up things up a lot.
  • Like 2

I just finished all combat challenges and my ranking of difficulty is:

1 - Rulers of the outer worlds: This challenge just sucks ass, fighting 2 bosses at the same time, cheap Gilgamesh and even cheaper sephiroth. It was an absolute nightmare until you get good RNG on sephiroth and you are able to stun lock him on the first phase.

2 - Bonds of friendship: Zack not having revive and being super slow to build ATBs is a bit annoying but if you have Optinin00b build for cloud, with practice you should be able to do it. Hardest bosses here are Alexander if you don't manage to kill him quickly and the run killer Odin.

3 - To be a Hero: A bit easier than the one with Zack and specially because of the spam attack that sephiroth has when pressing triangle.

Thanks to OptiN00b I managed to complete all of them. Good luck everyone!

Edited by MetalFearbringer
  • Like 1

Hello everyone, 

Can someone please tell me that the brutal challenges are more difficult than the legendary!!

I had the worst experience with outer worlds seph ..not only his Rng but my ps5 crashes often and only in this challenge (never before). 

It is too much with all mini games ,hard difficulty , brutal and legendary challenges. 

I want to be done so i can start steller blade day one ..

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to tackle Hard first so I can level Cloud's weapon to level 9. Bonds of Friendship is just so mentally exhausting. Rulers took 5 tries max, and not once did I ever doubt my ability to complete it. The consensus strategy is perfect on that one, so it feels like easy difficulty in comparison to the pure RNG of this. Maybe I'll try to get one more crack at Odin and see what happens before committing to Hard.

I've made it to Odin a handful of times across my now 4 days of trying (plus a one-day break), but now I'm pretty much at the point where Bahamut is the run killer. I've tried with Enemy Skill and I've tried with swapping it out for HP Up for survivability. I think my runs are slightly more consistent with HP Up, but not much. Bahamut felt way easier on Sunday, when I beat him five or six straight runs, but now he's harder for some reason. It's weird haha. Other than Alexander's tracking beam, which is only an issue if I go with the Enemy Skill, everything up until Bahamut is really easy. Just boring.

I'm just so frustrated :(

Edited by BrilloHD

I've been doing the To Be A Hero Legendary VR Mission, I've only played through 4 times, but I've gotten so good and memorized what to do, I breeze to Odin, but seriously, what the hell is with his RNG, it's seriously BS. He does Zantetsuken almost immediately and pretty much back to back on 2 of my runs, even when blocking in Prime Mode, he still takes a big chunk of HP with Manawall. Screw this, I'm going to do Final Fantasy XVI DLC and come back to this later, this and Bonds Of Friendship is all I need for the Platinum, I've been following Optinoob's guide for this fight, anyone have other good pointers against Odin.

Edit: decided to do one more run and all the bosses I breezed through just acted super aggressive for some reason.

Edited by Nitemares-----

22 hours ago, Anasthesaint said:

Can someone please tell me that the brutal challenges are more difficult than the legendary!!

I had the worst experience with outer worlds seph ..not only his Rng but my ps5 crashes often and only in this challenge (never before). 

Using the "meta" builds, I found Rulers and the Zack challenge to be pretty close in difficulty. The Sephiroth challenge is quite a bit easier (I had more trouble with Brutal 5), and none of the solo challenges should take more than a couple of tries. If your PS5 is crashing, it may be overheating and could do with a cleaning.

9 hours ago, BrilloHD said:

I'm pretty much at the point where Bahamut is the run killer. I've tried with Enemy Skill and I've tried with swapping it out for HP Up for survivability. I think my runs are slightly more consistent with HP Up, but not much. Bahamut felt way easier on Sunday, when I beat him five or six straight runs, but now he's harder for some reason.

From what I remember, blocking and using Counterfire effectively was the difference maker for me. It's also helpful to get Manawall up on Cloud as early as you can afford to. Good luck!

• Like 1