What was/is your toughest thing in this game

Priere

• 2 months later...

Right now, these mini games are kicking my arse. I was able to stammer through the 5 chest Chocobo race. But, the 0.0.0 race is killing me. I know I still need to finish the Lighting Storm trophy and Butterfly trophy. I am sure I will enjoy both of them as much as I am enjoying this 0.0.0 race trophy. ?

15 minutes ago, StressEater said:

Right now, these mini games are kicking my arse. I was able to stammer through the 5 chest Chocobo race. But, the 0.0.0 race is killing me. I know I still need to finish the Lighting Storm trophy and Butterfly trophy. I am sure I will enjoy both of them as much as I am enjoying this 0.0.0 race trophy. ?

There is no trophy for doing the butterfly minigame, thankfully.

2 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

There is no trophy for doing the butterfly minigame, thankfully.

I really hope that you are right. So please correct me if I am wrong. But I thought you needed to finish it for the Saturn Sigil for the Celestial Weapons trophy.

37 minutes ago, StressEater said:

I really hope that you are right. So please correct me if I am wrong. But I thought you needed to finish it for the Saturn Sigil for the Celestial Weapons trophy.

You do.

Hardest thing for me was getting the chocobo time down to 0:0:0 that was just annoying, because the controls are so broken and you almost are wrestling the PS Vita / Control pad to stay on the correct path. Took me damn days to get that shit done.

36 minutes ago, StressEater said:

Yes you need to do it to get the Saturn Sigil for the Weapon Master trophy.

57 minutes ago, Solercide said:

You do.

Hardest thing for me was getting the chocobo time down to 0:0:0 that was just annoying, because the controls are so broken and you almost are wrestling the PS Vita / Control pad to stay on the correct path. Took me damn days to get that shit done.

I have tried a few times, best time was around 10 seconds. But yes, the controls are atrocious and this mini game is a nightmare. I really hate trophies like this.

55 minutes ago, gerinoa said:

Yes you need to do it to get the Saturn Sigil for the Weapon Master trophy.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Thank you for the response.

• Like 1

I absolutely HATE that stupid time race trophy. I had spent a few hours for a good couple days just raging at the birds, the uncontrollable chocobo, and balloon spawns. I think what really made me gave up was when I got my fastest time to be 0.4 seconds. The blitzball game was also pretty lame, and the sphere grid is just horrible in my opinion. I love this game's story, characters, setting and gameplay, but these few things made me give up on getting the platinum...

...for now. I'll return to it eventually, but I don't know when that will be really.

mine was the chocobo temple race opening all the chests. That took me FOREVER! i think i got a sigil or something out of that?

lightning dodges were easy once you got in a rythym.

and the calm lands chocobo 0.0 race wasnt too bad. took me about 10 tries.

the platinum in general was not hard at all to obtain for FFX. just time consuming. and endless upon endless monster arena battle farming.

Edited by UpTheIrons_87

5 minutes ago, UpTheIrons_87 said:

mine was the chocobo temple race opening all the chests. That took me FOREVER! i think i got a sigil or something out of that?

lightning dodges were easy once you got in a rythym.

and the calm lands chocobo 0.0 race wasnt too bad. took me about 10 tries.

the platinum in general was not hard at all to obtain for FFX. just time consuming. and endless upon endless monster arena battle farming.

It's the inverse for me. The chocobo races weren't bad once you memorize the route but with dodging lightning I'd start to get bored and lose focus and that meant having to constantly start over.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:54 AM, StressEater said:

You don't need to do the butterfly minigame for the Platinum, and anyone here who says you do is wrong. You just need to find all of the Celestial Weapons for the trophy. You only need the Saturn Sigil if you want to fully upgrade Kimahri's Celestial Weapon (and why would you? He's useless).

2 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

You don't need to do the butterfly minigame for the Platinum, and anyone here who says you do is wrong. You just need to find all of the Celestial Weapons for the trophy. You only need the Saturn Sigil if you want to fully upgrade Kimahri's Celestial Weapon (and why would you? He's useless).

Thank you. I still need to finish that stupid 0.0.0 run, which is not going well at the moment. 

Well I did the lightning minigame on the second attempt using the "run around dots on the floor" method and forcing the lightning, catcher chocobo took me a few dozen attempts, but not as many as back in the PS2 days, and the race in Remiem Temple took me ten or so attempts, second attempt after changing the route to reach the fifth treasure. I remember having fun fighting legit the Dark Aeons and the ultimate superbosses back then, so I assume the worst part for me will be maxing the sphere grids... a second time almost 20 years later, the slog is real.

Edited by Brightblade76

• 1 month later...

Well when i was a kid i destroyed the chocobo mini game. But now as an adult im struggling. 

Butterflies and lightning have always been very difficult too.

I doubt im gonna get the plat because of the lightning dodge trophy. Still im gonna play til i beat Nemesis and Penance. I owe my childhood at least that because of the amount of time i spent on this as a kid.