What was/is your toughest thing in this game

Priere

255 honestly doesn't take that much longer if you're going to Perfect Sphere Master, anyway. I think the hardest thing for me was actually the Chocobo Master trophy, as there was such little room for error. Chocobo Rider was bad too, but I had to get 0:00:00 twice because I didn't get the Sun Sigil the first time; you have to get BELOW 0:00:00 for the SS, but the trophy unlock at 0:00:00. Kind of silly, if you ask me. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

I found the 0:00 Chocobo challenge hardest to do, the wonky controls and the little room for error you had was angering.

But the sphere grid grinding was a lot more painful, I'm pretty sure I fell asleep a few times while doing it. I didn't even bother leveling a lot of luck, Earth Eater was too annoying of a fight to repeat over and over.

I think it was Chocobo rider, those controls were awful. 255 was grinding , but not hard.

I found the 0:00 Chocobo challenge hardest to do, the wonky controls and the little room for error you had was angering.

But the sphere grid grinding was a lot more painful, I'm pretty sure I fell asleep a few times while doing it. I didn't even bother leveling a lot of luck, Earth Eater was too annoying of a fight to repeat over and over.

Use the D-Pad and it actually becomes really easy. I can't believe no guides that I found ever recommend doing this. When I switched to the D-Pad I did it in 3 tries.

Dark Yojimbo. He's the only Dark Aeon I can't beat conventionally, at least not that many times in a row. I don't have the patience to grind for cash to pay my yojimbo to zanmato him over and over again. I never used him particularly so he never uses it with any regularity anyway

Edited by Cleggworth

it was grinding out the required spheres to upgrade the paths? most time consuming part. zanmoto made those last 2 secret bosses a piece of cake literally.

back in the ps2 era, i never finished final fantasy X-2 i got stuck near the end game because i didn't know what i was doing.

Edited by kingdrake2

Dark Yojimbo. He's the only Dark Aeon I can't beat conventionally, at least not that many times in a row. I don't have the patience to grind for cash to pay my yojimbo to zanmato him over and over again. I never used him particularly so he never uses it with any regularity anyway

Wakka's attack reels after maxing his sphere grid. Make sure you've got auto-phoenix/auto-haste on all party members and set overdrive filler to...comrade, I think? You'll blitz him (pun intended) this way. GL!

Edited to add: Ah, right, you'd also need everyone other than Wakka to have double/triple overdrive on their weapons so that when they're killed it will automatically fill Wakka's overdrive gauge.

Edited by TheLakota

Use the D-Pad and it actually becomes really easy. I can't believe no guides that I found ever recommend doing this. When I switched to the D-Pad I did it in 3 tries.

I tried this when I was still doing the challenge, did not work, for me at least. :P

As i used the Zanmatou Attack against the strongest enemies and the Don Tonbery AP Trick for the Sphere Grid these things were annoying:

- Beating Dark Yojinbo. Who the hell decided you have to beat him 5 times??? :(

- Tidus' Sigil. The Chocobo Race wasn't funny... controls are shit, but i know that's part of the game :angry:

- Blitzball. Even though i bought some good charakters (i like Brother the most :)) it was a stupid grind for Wakka's Sigil

I tried it, but controls are still awful. Well, I managed to do it so I guess that's that. I don't want to do it again. :D

I always found the chocobo race pretty easy, never took more than a few tries from the amount of times I've done it, not sure why people struggle on it so much.

As for Dark Yojimbo, I'd say he's an easy fight if you have the proper setup. Don't bother getting BHPL (Break HP Limit) because it is not necessary and completely useless. You will also want to make sure you use 3 of the male characters, since they have counter attack on their weapon, giving you a free hit at times. I prefer to use Tidus, Wakka and Auron. If you want to avoid his ambush as well (first fight it cant be avoided) give two other characters the First Strike ability, have them in, then switch them out once the battle starts to get a few hits in before he can make a first move.

The stats you want are:

9999 HP
255 STR and DEF
170 Agility 
115 Luck (the point of the luck is to ensure your attacks can never be evaded and you don't break when petrified)

Your armour build should be:

Auto-Haste

Auto-Protect

DEF+20%

Auto-Potion

With protect always on and the 20% extra DEF, this should give you high enough protection to survive all of Yojimbo's attacks. With auto-potion, make sure you sell all of your potions that heal the characters other than X-potions, because once hit your characters will reach low enough health for the ability to activate, thus using an X-potion since its the only potion you have to heal yourself with, giving you all your health back.

With this setup, just simply spam quick attack until he falls or throw in an attack reels if you want and getting rid of the petrify status if his dog manages to hit you. You should be able to finish each fight within 50 seconds with ease.

Edited by Meepy-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gameplay wise.... it was guessing dark yojimbo at first. i was getting wrecked and having to farm certain items to add bonuses to the armor to prevent myself from getting destroyed.

the two secret endgame bosses i do not count.... not afraid to say i used yojimbo's special attack to clear those.

• 2 weeks later...

nothing beats the 0:0:0 trophy..

the rest are just time consuming grind. 

I Agree ! the chocobo racing can be a pain in the **** but i got in my first time lol

Btw IMO to  "Complete a Sphere Grid for all characters" and to get all 10x monsters is more boring than chocobo racing !

Specially when the game has rare enemies like Tonberry, Master Coeurl, Valaha, Barbatos etc..

Edited by Rose_Dark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...