How Many Gaming Hours in One Week?

FluffyAssassin64

Gaming Hours  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours in a typical week do you game for?

• 0 (I hate games or I'm too busy)
    • 1 - 2
    • 3-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • >50 hours
    • ALL DAY EVERY DAY

How many hours you you spend playing games in a typical, run-of-the-mill, week?

For me, it's only about 5 at the moment (if I'm lucky), or even 0 (this past week) because my 3rd Year of Physiotherapy (i.e. Physical Therapy) at Uni is quite busy :unsure: Sometimes I just want to give it all away and play games forever... but then I remember that I won't have any money (and I'll be commencing Medicine after my Physiotherapy degree so hopefully I'll be earning quite a lot once I finally graduate!)

What about you? School, uni or work stopping you playing? Or do you take multiple sick days every week just to play? Let us know  :awesome:

Edited by FluffyAssassin64
  • Like 1

5-10 generally. I work third shift so I'm gone all night (leave my house at 2200, get home at 0800) and when I get home I go to sleep so I can wake up fairly early and spend as much time as possible with my son and wife. So I can generally only game on my weekend (I'm off Monday and Tuesday night, except this week because I'm on vacation) because I still have to cut the grass every week as well as other housework. The good thing is my son is getting more interested in gaming (I already bough him a Genesis and SNES at a yard sale) so when he gets a little older I can play some awesome retro games with him. 

Parker

• Like 2

Depends, usually my PS3 is occupied by my sister and her boyfriend for entire Saturday and Friday, sometimes i use it on weekends, but that is if I have a break during studies.

As far as week days are concerned, I tend to play on PS3 when I watch livestreams/old movies, sometimes just out of sheer desire to play, lol.

I'd say 3-4 hours a day, maybe a bit more if I feel like playing at later hours.

So to sum up - 15-20 hours during week days, sometimes goes up even to 30 counting weekends.

This summer, it's 21-30 hours of gameplay (even though I have college review)..

But it's different when I have classes already (which will happen soon) and especially that I'm about to graduate high school, it will probably trim down to 3-10 hours per week (more than 10 if I'm lucky)

for me im usually online from 9am until 2pm then its 5pm until 2am doin night shifts and thats mondays, wednesdays, fridays and i'll game at the weekends if im free... i used to be online from around 2pm until 10pm many years ago but i cant even stay up that late unless im on nightshifts so not sure how i managed it... im like an old man now lol

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

At my prime, on a busy week I can normally squeeze 2/3 on weekday and a lot on the weekends. Very variable depending on what I'm playing, voted 21-30.

As of this week and month as a whole I'm not playing much, exams and what not. Quite busy and don't feel like playing much at all. 

I usually play about 3 or 4 hours on the average weekday because of work, but weekends I play a little bit longer if I have a lot of free time, so I'd say I'm maybe in the middle range tallying up to 21-30hrs the whole week.

During unemployment a while back, I was dangerously close to the "All day, every day" option, which could seem fun at first, but starts to become way too much of an addiction, and really starts to get a bit out of hand and unproductive.

I don't mind just playing in spurts now

Some days 2-3 hours, other days 15+ hours when I'm aiming for a plat, or I just love the game. Average around 40 - 50 hours a week.

Some days 2-3 hours, other days 15+ hours when I'm aiming for a plat, or I just love the game. Average around 40 - 50 hours a week.

11- 20 since I work second shift and generally work about 50 hours a week. I can only game on the weekend unless I steal an hour here or there. 20 - 30 if I have nothing better to do on both Saturday and Sunday but those weekends are rare.

I might be over estimating though... I've only played an hour this week so far and that's not atypical.