If you could change how the trophy system works

23 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

If you could change how the trophy system works

Back to the core of the trophy system. One major thing I would implement is having the option with every game which has trophies. Is the ability to switch them off. This way if people earn trophies on a game they don't wish to platinum or 100% then they are safe. Many players test games on Alternate accounts to see what that game is like before playing and committing on their main account. This could be in the consoles actual options menu. And so people don't forget about switching it on or off, there would be a notification pop-up when you start every new game - do you wish to disable trophies for this game? If you do disable, and you like the game, then you can easily enable the option. Any trophies will then pop in order with the correct time stamps etc. Far too many people complain about having a game or games on their profile they hate, but have already earned a few trophies or just one trophy. I don't think it would be a difficult feature to add. As mentioned in this thread, the ability to delete games with 1 or more trophies earned. But I think Sony would get a lot of idiots asking for their trophies back. Lol

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 2

Get rid of super grindy ones that are just there to keep you playing way longer than necessary be annoying.

Also I want more GTA 4 style keys to the city mailed to me.

• Like 2

I want less trophy restrictions, one example comes to mind is monster hunter and the DLC. Both have platinum trophies, sure most games don't have DLC at that length but I want to see more like this if it is warranted of course. Another example is the tomb raider remaster, I am glad Sony has done away with a trophy limit allowing us to have unlimited DLC trophies and not the part 2 trophy lists like Minecraft has but I wish it would go further, there should not be a maximum amount of trophies (points) for the main list brotato has 90 or so achievements on xbox but only 50 trophies on PlayStation.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Elden Ring DLC.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Personally I would love online trophies to exist as a DLC stack, rather than within base games. This would mean that the Platinum exists fully offline and attainable for perpetuity.

I don't personally "hate" online trophies as much as some others, but if this was the case it would at least mean that Platinum's remain attainable long after server closures.

This is almost exactly what I stated in the "Hate Online Trophies" topic. I think this is an excellent thought for serious trophy-hunters. Good ideas, dude.

• Like 1

I would mandate that developers add single-player alternative requirements to all multiplayer trophies (think Mass Effect 3) or just have no MP trophies at all. I'd also disable autopopping altogether.

• Like 2

Just now, RufianRivas said:

KYC trophy access based on health/fitness. 

You must be under 15% body fat in order pop trophies.

If your ribs aren't visible, you have fatty liver, and thus denied access.

Well being before trophies. 

I hope this is satire 🤪 

• Like 1

I will agree with some of the people here that being able to delete a trophy list, any list, at any time, would be preferable.  Deleting individual trophies within a list would open up a can of worms, and the ability to turn off trophies could cause a lot of additional headaches.  But making it so trophy lists could be removed in their entirety, whether low%, completed, or in between, would solve most problems.

However, the only thing I want to see is Sony actually adhere to their own TRCs.  Their requirements, which were originally written for PS3, state that you cannot require any additional purchase to earn a platinum trophy in a game.  That was fine for PS3, cause online was free.  But the second they began charging for online play, they violated their own technical requirements.  Microsoft does the same thing, but has been guilty of it since day 1 of X360.  Requiring a player to spend additional money for a monthly subscription to have access to trophies in a base trophy list shouldn't be allowed.  And the solution is simple, as Bioware did it with ME3 and ME:A, just make any online trophy have an alternative offline trigger.  5 gold matches online or finish the game on insanity?  Same trophy.  Easy enough.  And we know it works, cause those games proved it.

• Like 4

I want the level limit to be upped to 9999 or have the ability to rebirth at 999 and start over at level 1 again and get some sort of prestige symbol next to your name or the number of times you started over.

I also think a PSN rarity level on PSN would be cool to have where common trophies wouldn't increase your level progression at all and UR trophies increase level progression more. I understand there are a ton of UR trophies on PSN, but it would be interesting to look at and push for a rarity leaderboard here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I want the level limit to be upped to 9999

Something I have wanted for a long time. I have been stuck at 999 for years. Yet my PSN level is 1500+

Why don't Sony up the levels? Can't they count higher than 999? I would really love to see this happen.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jozxyqk_27 said:

If the servers for a game go offline, all of the Online trophies for that game should automatically pop for all players.

What about if the game is online only, and all of the trophies require internet to achieve them? Example - Fortnite.

What you're suggesting is a great idea, and I'm all for it, but it can amount to the same thing as auto-popping😁

1 hour ago, RufianRivas said:

You must be under 15% body fat in order pop trophies.

That'd be great, I would jump thousands of places in the leaderboard!

Edited by Jeanolt