Fucking challenge 10 is impossible!

wiebeamalur

Does anyone know if difficulty affects the challenges? I platinum'd this game once years ago so now that i'm redoing it, I was thinking about dying enough to switch to Easy right before I finish the game to see if the challenges would be on Easy mode also.

No, difficulty does not affect the challenges

Edited by GarciaFever

• 2 months later...

FINALLY DID IT!!!  :devil:

I kept Rage Of The Gods until the very end. Keep spamming L1 + X all the time, until I was close the end, then activated Rage Of The Gods and knocked the rest off, and double jumped to the other platform.

On my previous attempt I had used my Rage Of The Gods for Challenge 8 because I was getting so frustrated with those damn Medusa's, so I couldn't use it in Challenge 10.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Focus on Parrying all attacks. Press :l1: right before being hit and than press :square:. If you're lucky, you'll knock most, if not all enemies from the plataform.

Onde you fill the Rage of the Gods meter, activate it and keep killing everyone. Soon, you'll be able to double jump to the main plataform and complete de challange.

• 5 years later...

I found Challenge 8 more annoying FWIW.

L1 + X is all you need. Just spam that baby. First for the launch, then hitting the Satyr(s) out of bounds off the platform, the middle attacks to either wear down the enemies or kill them outright, and lastly a mini-slam move towards the end that will break their guard and allow you to repeat the attack pattern.

If you don't break their guard, it'll make looping together the attacks more difficult and they'll probably stun lock you instead.

Best of luck, Champions of Olympus.

Edited by Wagszilla

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2018 at 8:47 PM, Schmitt_Wylde said:

Focus on Parrying all attacks. Press :l1: right before being hit and than press :square:. If you're lucky, you'll knock most, if not all enemies from the plataform.

Onde you fill the Rage of the Gods meter, activate it and keep killing everyone. Soon, you'll be able to double jump to the main plataform and complete de challange.

This method is gold.

Spam L1 before an enemy attack, if you parry successfully there is a glimpse of 0.5 second time slow moment. 

At that moment do not press L1, immediately press square and as said above this “one hit attack” will knock out most of the enemies off platform.

It requires quick reflexes though.

Here a sample video how parrying works: https://youtu.be/r-O3qShfa9I

I used to plat the game 10 years ago on my old account with L1 + X buttons luckliy maybe :D

Now I am playing again and I see that parry method is way better. But I get old so my reflexes got hurt some.. :) 

Edited by thesahinonur

• 2 weeks later...

My strategy was basically to spam Air L1+O. Basically, the shockwave ability instantly knocks off the cerberus puppos. The way I made it work was to double-jump around the center but not close to the edge, fully charge L1+O in the air, and make sure that both Satyrs are on the other side of the platform in case they grab you from the air.

And if the Satyrs try to rush you down, dodge into them. The game's physics and collision will give you some leeway in lightly pushing them out of the way and back into the center of the platform.

• 3 weeks later...

This might be placebo effect, but I turned my TV sharpness, brightness, etc. up to make the screen really bright.  Helped me be more contentious about staying close to the middle.  I also think instead of spamming L1 + X, you need to "dance" between the two Satyr's.  One gets thrown up, then hit the other, kind of like juggling. 

This is how I ended up finally getting it after at least 100+ attempts.  

Cheers