Sadly, the servers have finally been shut down

1 hour ago, Sebulba2000 said:

I've seen a post on AC Revelations forums saying their servers are down. I've checked it along with the other revived games and can confirm that the servers for AC Revelations, AC 3 and FC 3 (the game will keep asking you to register to uplay) have unfortunately been shut down again 😕

Good news is, Driver: SF and Splinter Cell Blacklist are still alive. I still need a confirmation about Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

Welp… time to re-update my DLC guides 😂.

• Like 2

I was just about to st...

1 hour ago, Martain2 said:

Time for the obligatory "I was just about to start this game, Ubisoft should be ashamed of themselves for closing the severs so soon" post?

Bugger.

• Like 1

Can't you still do local multiplayer for FC3 though on the PS3 version? You just have to load the game without being being connected to the internet so it can't attempt to connect to uPlay and lock you out of the game. 

I remember getting the multiplayer trophies split-screen with a buddy way back when minus the last 2 levels which I still need the trophies for, the last 2 I need for the plat. I sort of made a mental note to get back to it at some point and finish it but you know, it's only been 10 years and I haven't done it yet so it's not exactly a priority. 😆

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Can't you still do local multiplayer for FC3 though on the PS3 version? You just have to load the game without being being connected to the internet so it can't attempt to connect to uPlay and lock you out of the game. 

I remember getting the multiplayer trophies split-screen with a buddy way back when minus the last 2 levels which I still need the trophies for, the last 2 I need for the plat. I sort of made a mental note to get back to it at some point and finish it but you know, it's only been 10 years and I haven't done it yet so it's not exactly a priority. 😆

Yes, that has always been the case :).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Time for the obligatory "I was just about to start this game, Ubisoft should be ashamed of themselves for closing the severs so soon" post?

This is no joke, I remember someone that was starting a co-op game last year (which is actually for 1 player but has the option to play co-op), only to find out the servers closed, and wanted to mail and call the company for this, and even DEMAND them to put it back lol

If you read the terms and conditions, you know they can close it whenever they want. Specially when you didn't buy it from an official store, but a random seller. You should demand this one instead.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SnaKeWarriOr_x said:

I'm devastated. Ive been playing AC3 past two weeks and have one online trophy to do (find all pivots trophy) 

Tough. The game was announced as shutdown in October 2022. Just because the servers came back doesn't mean they would stay. You took the risk starting a shut down game after rhe shutdown date. 

Rayman Legends is likely dead now too.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Give it 2 weeks and they will be back again. 

Unlikely. I understand they are now shutting the whole uplay system down. Which is probably how it went back up, side-effect of winding that service down.

I doubt this was Ubisoft being nice, that would be very un-Ubi.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SnaKeWarriOr_x said:

I'm devastated. Ive been playing AC3 past two weeks and have one online trophy to do (find all pivots trophy) 

I'm in the same boat, I played the game back in 2012 and just assumed the servers were long dead. Happened to check a couple of weeks ago and saw they were hanging on for dear life! Got the multiplayer trophies done but hadn't finished the story yet to start the pivots. Oh well! Fingers crossed for another miraculous resurrection but if not... life goes on :)

Edited by TheJimmonator
and/but
  • Like 3

Oh crap, you need the servers for the pivot trophy? 😂Whoops. That's unfortunate because it's one of the last trophies I needed. I was so focused on syncing everything to 100% for the completionist trophy that I completely neglected this one. That's a real bummer. Womp womp womp. I'm gonna try to collect them all still and see if it'll give me the trophy as a pity reward 😂.  

Update: Didn't fully understand the pivot thing, need to be online to even find them. Well crap again. I'm still gonna at least finish my 100% synchronization but that's a real bummer that the head in the clouds will be the only reason I don't get my platinum.

Edited by SoapMacTavish222
Additional information
  • Like 3

On 3/29/2024 at 4:50 AM, SnaKeWarriOr_x said:

Same to me. I was just start AC3 from 27th March, and have all online trophies done except the 'Head in the Cloud'. I just completed story mode yesterday, but failed to access to Ubi Server for Pivots. But I saw that multiplayer is still alive for AC3. Not sure they are using same server or separate one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hktcmm said:

Same to me. I was just start AC3 from 27th March, and have all online trophies done except the 'Head in the Cloud'. I just completed story mode yesterday, but failed to access to Ubi Server for Pivots. But I saw that multiplayer is still alive for AC3. Not sure they are using same server or separate one.

Multiplayer still working as of now ??