Rumor: Astro’s Playroom 2

9 hours ago, armamac14 said:

I Have Heard Some Exciting News. If you have Played A little game called Astro’s Playroom and liked the game You’ll wanna hear this. I Heard in Late 2024 Astro’s Playroom 2 may be launching (Hopefully it will be Free Like the original). But Sadly We Have about 8 Months To Go Until Then

Source | Used 2

• Article
  • then google to confirm

14 minutes ago, armamac14 said:

Source | Used 2

• Article
  • then google to confirm

The point of calling out that you have no sources is that you provided no links back to "Article" so other people could also access and read "Article". Providing sources means actually providing links or a way to specifically find where you found your information.

"Google" also isn't a link back to a specific article. 

From the link above:

Giantbomb collaborator and gaming news reporter, Jeff Grubb, has a rationale... ...that the use of the word ‘major’ in this statement, and the name-dropping of God of War and Spider Man, does not mean we won't see new games from smaller franchises, like Astro’s Playroom.

While Jeff Grubb states that he has heard reports of an Astro’s Playroom sequel coming in 2024, he does preface that claim with both ‘maybe’ and ‘might’.

I think I'm going to start the rumor that Astro Bot 2's arrival will be exclusively on the rumored PS5 Pro coming out in late 2024.

43 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I think I'm going to start the rumor that Astro Bot 2's arrival will be exclusively on the rumored PS5 Pro coming out in late 2024.

You joke but frankly, this would make it more likely that I'll get a Pro, or at least get it sooner. Astro was awesome. 

But yeah, the thread got my hopes up quickly and killed them even faster. 

Despite the no source of the OP... I don't really think 'Astro's Playroom 2' is the best name for the next Astro game and/or a full-fledged Astro Bot game.

Also... we've known about this for quite a long time. I don't have a link to the article... but Team Asobi has been working and their first 'full-fledged' game for a couple of years now and it's likely a full-fledged Astro Bot game. Hopefully it's not VR only. I'd like at least a 30 hour game but we'll see what it ends up being.

At the end of the day... yes I hope there's a new and full fledged Astro Bot game. I loved Playroom so god damn much and I wanted more of it.

Also I don't like the BS narrative that platformer's are 'dead' and that 'no one wants them'. Give them a chance ffs. But just me I guess.

• Like 2