PS5 Port Coming "Soon"

7 minutes ago, GumiDeLaGumi said:

Finally! For reference, the current Xbox version of Minecraft has 129 trophies, perhaps we can expect the same list on PS5.

You're probably right, it would match up with the Xbox, Switch, Android, iOS and Windows version then. There are notably harder achievements there so it should be a fun challenge regardless.

Those that got mad about the PS4 version getting updates forever may want to dip though 😅

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 8:22 AM, D4T-V4UL7_HUN7R_ said:

Will it have ray tracing though? I know the ps4 version had the option in the settings but you couldnt turn it on. I just want to play with the fancy lighting.

If it does, you won't be able to use it in your own world. Currently ray tracing is only enabled on RTX resource packs that you download from the store

• Like 3

On 6/17/2024 at 12:38 PM, Property_Damage said:

seriously

hopefully they discontinue ps4 trophies for it so we can finally be fucking done with this 15 year old game 

This is a weird argument, you could've just not got any of the trophies on set 2 and you could've ben done 4 years ago lol

• Like 2

On 6/19/2024 at 10:16 AM, Kulzyc said:

It's about time. It took them less then a year for PS4

4J Studios were fairly reliable at porting, and that was prior to the Microsoft acquisition so that may have something to do with it 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 1:01 PM, NoOneSpecial-76 said:

... it'll likely keep to one list this time rather than having a "Set 2" like the PS4 version currently does, even if it does ultimately mean that there are less trophies to earn without the mini game orientated trophies.

I guess this means the game on the PS5 will keep getting trophies, which means the 100% completion will keep on dipping from time to time.  I have no problem with this though.

I wonder if this means existing game saves will also no loner be transferrable.  I am inclined to think so, but I wish somehow they still would.

• Like 2

So we will be getting a quadruple Minecraft platinum with potentially 1000 trophies in the list if they really wanted to have that many trophies. You either like Minecraft or you don't it's like Marmite you either love it or hate it. The solution was don't start set 2 of the trophies list, it's kinda your fault if you earned a trophy in that set. Also, if you played this for the easy platinum at the time then yeah you should always remember DLC can be added at any time, even years after release in some games.

• Like 3