Any Older Gamers Here?

the_daddy2009

33 years of age, of which 27+ years as a gamer. Oldies but goldies, indeed.

Reflexes still work pretty well, I get frustrated more often than before though.

Nowadays trying to play as many games as I possibly can, but the old engine ain't what it used to be:

Indyyears_zps9da09e28.jpg

• Like 2

I'm 31 and I've been gaming since the SNES my good old time's

I have PS3 and soon hope full PS4 :awesome: 

my favorite SNES games

• Aladdin
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Super Mario World
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse
Edited by Cassiopria

I am not as old as some of the others here (27), but I have been playing video games for most of my life.  My first system was the NES, and I only had one game back then.  It was the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt.  My parents would go to the nearby store and rent me a game to play for the weekend.  Since then, I have played lots of games.

As it has been said before, the gamers in their late 20s and older have been around since video games were a thing.  And game companies have spent millions of dollars making games that people like us want to play.  And they will continue to do so, because the industry has grown up with us.  And personally, I will continue to play video games until I am no longer able to hold a controller.  Of course by then, controllers won't be necessary to play video games.  Probably.

I'm 30 and my first system was an arcade machine (playing Pacman, Pacwoman, Mortal Kombat and Streetfighter) at the pizza shop down the street from where I used to live in NY (does that count?). My first console was either the NES or the SNES....I"m too old to remember!

<-------- 34 with 2 kids and a wife that just doesn't understand why I'm a gamer.  I've been gaming since Atari 2600 (which I still have that works) and I'm not about to stop now.  I usually game after work once my wife and kids are sleep.  Look for me late CST.

P.S. I cuss a lot when kids are away. :giggle: :giggle:

34 this year. But i'd really like to clarify - this age bracket is absolutely not something to call 'old'.

• Biologically - this is known as the 'prime' period of life for a male human - but this is being pushed forward every year.
  • Statistically - Life expectancy increases by 1-2 years every year with current science and medicine advancing as it is - which means that provided you live relatively healthily you are only just a quarter through our species lifespan.

At one point in history, you would be considered 'old' for being in your thirties, this is because if you lived at that point in the past, something as simple as a toothache would actually be considered something that could kill you and probably would.

Age should never define someone. Age should only really come into play when you look at things like the legal ability to drive or the legal age to drink booze etc

Edited by Captain_Cutscene
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Glad to have stumbled on this thread. I'm 29 and I think I just feel a little old because I've been married for a few years and am having my first baby this month. Super excited!! Anyway, been gaming since NES which my parents got me. It's funny though because for the last few years, my parents judge me for still playing. They buy me gifts for bdays and Christmas from my amazon wishlist and almost always pick stuff other than my video games I have on there to "discourage" me haha. Oh well. Not stopping anytime soon.

• Like 1