Any Older Gamers Here?

the_daddy2009

Nearly 32 now. I qualify as old. The PS4 was my return to console gaming and loving it! The reflexes have dimmed somewhat in the many years I was absent. I.e. I suck at games! My only two plats are on the youngster games, altho I put that down to having a 3 year old, not to my lack of skill. Ain't many games I can get away with playing when she's awake. Roll on the Skylander's Platinum!

I'd love to add you on PSN and will do so next week when I finally get around to playing again. I hate working nights!

• Like 3

19 this year... I've been gaming my whole life and I've loved every minute. :D

Can I just say though, I've got mad respect for those (like you guys) who have stuck with gaming for your whole life and are still playing. I sometimes ask myself if gaming is something I see myself continuing to do as I age... and you've given me hope. Stay awesome guys!

Yeah, mad props to all the "old" gamers out there!  :yay:

• Like 1

I'll be 41 next month! Not quite as old as Broy300 but still old.

I'm 38 and I've been gaming ever since I first played Pong back when I was 5. Good times.

Where the hell is Broy?

39 and not planning on stopping anytime soon. :awesome:

• Like 3

Since when was 30 old? Many athletes are still competing close to their physical prime at 30. I'm 27 and I think I've a decade or two in me before I label myself an old gamer. I'll consider myself old when I'm too arthritic to beat a game or tie my shoelaces, until then game on...

I sometimes ask myself if gaming is something I see myself continuing to do as I age... and you've given me hope.

I don't really see a reason why one would stop doing what they like just because they age. Sure someone with lesser reaction time might not really get to enjoy fast-paced shooters that much, but there's lots and lots of games that don't require such.

I don't really see a reason why one would stop doing what they like just because they age. Sure someone with lesser reaction time might not really get to enjoy fast-paced shooters that much, but there's lots and lots of games that don't require such.

I was thinking more as life gets more and more busy, and I've got a family to take care of, more jobs to do around the house, work, etc. At the moment, although I'm busy with uni, I can still find time to game when I want. As I will be becoming a Surgeon (hopefully - I'm doing Medicine, and that's my goal), I can imagine that I will be quite busy.

I definitely see what you mean though; I'll be sure to not give up on this hobby I love so much just because I'm getting older!

• Like 2

I was thinking more as life gets more and more busy, and I've got a family to take care of, more jobs to do around the house, work, etc. At the moment, although I'm busy with uni, I can still find time to game when I want. As I will be becoming a Surgeon (hopefully - I'm doing Medicine, and that's my goal), I can imagine that I will be quite busy.

I definitely see what you mean though; I'll be sure to not give up on this hobby I love so much just because I'm getting older!

Two words, my friend: "time management" ;)

• Like 1