Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the_daddy2009

Any Older Gamers Here?

136 posts in this topic

I'm getting close!  I'm 27 but I'll be 28 in November.  :)

I just came by here to have a peak. Sometimes I feel childish while rage quits and I just turned only 24 :D

Nearly 32 now. I qualify as old. The PS4 was my return to console gaming and loving it! The reflexes have dimmed somewhat in the many years I was absent. I.e. I suck at games! My only two plats are on the youngster games, altho I put that down to having a 3 year old, not to my lack of skill. Ain't many games I can get away with playing when she's awake. Roll on the Skylander's Platinum!

I'd love to add you on PSN and will do so next week when I finally get around to playing again. I hate working nights!

woah you guys are fuckin old, ancient, crumblies, relics... same as me :) im 30 so im applyin for my gamer oap pass soon, i also found a stray grey hair the other month... on my right nut, now that did make me feel old...

19 this year... I've been gaming my whole life and I've loved every minute. :D

Can I just say though, I've got mad respect for those (like you guys) who have stuck with gaming for your whole life and are still playing. I sometimes ask myself if gaming is something I see myself continuing to do as I age... and you've given me hope. Stay awesome guys!

Yeah, mad props to all the "old" gamers out there!  :yay:

I'm 32 and still going strong. Don't have a PS4 yet should have one in time for The Witcher 3. We may be "old" but people our age are the ones that helped make the gaming industry what it is today. There should be a fair amount of us here. 

I'm 38 and I've been gaming ever since I first played Pong back when I was 5. Good times.

I'm 30. My first console was the NES.

I'll be 41 next month! Not quite as old as Broy300 but still old.

I'm 38 and I've been gaming ever since I first played Pong back when I was 5. Good times.

Where the hell is Broy?

39 and not planning on stopping anytime soon. :awesome:

Since when was 30 old? Many athletes are still competing close to their physical prime at 30. I'm 27 and I think I've a decade or two in me before I label myself an old gamer. I'll consider myself old when I'm too arthritic to beat a game or tie my shoelaces, until then game on...

I'm also 33. Still gaming, not as often as I used to though. "Real life" and all that.

I sometimes ask myself if gaming is something I see myself continuing to do as I age... and you've given me hope.

I don't really see a reason why one would stop doing what they like just because they age. Sure someone with lesser reaction time might not really get to enjoy fast-paced shooters that much, but there's lots and lots of games that don't require such.

I don't really see a reason why one would stop doing what they like just because they age. Sure someone with lesser reaction time might not really get to enjoy fast-paced shooters that much, but there's lots and lots of games that don't require such.

I was thinking more as life gets more and more busy, and I've got a family to take care of, more jobs to do around the house, work, etc. At the moment, although I'm busy with uni, I can still find time to game when I want. As I will be becoming a Surgeon (hopefully - I'm doing Medicine, and that's my goal), I can imagine that I will be quite busy.

I definitely see what you mean though; I'll be sure to not give up on this hobby I love so much just because I'm getting older!

I was thinking more as life gets more and more busy, and I've got a family to take care of, more jobs to do around the house, work, etc. At the moment, although I'm busy with uni, I can still find time to game when I want. As I will be becoming a Surgeon (hopefully - I'm doing Medicine, and that's my goal), I can imagine that I will be quite busy.

I definitely see what you mean though; I'll be sure to not give up on this hobby I love so much just because I'm getting older!

Two words, my friend: "time management" ;)