Least Favourite Episodes of your Favourite TV Shows

ShadowGandalf

As much as we might love something, it's perfectly fine to acknowledge when it slips up. Like when when your favourite TV shows put out a stinker of an episode. Even if not "stinker", one that just, isn't very good, or annoying or whatever. What are those that you've come across?

Keep spoilers in mind when talking about plot points, just in case. Also, you don't have to list just one.

One that always jumps to mind when thinking about this topic, is Doctor Who. I absolutely LOVE Doctor Who and eagerly await Series 8. But in series 4, there's one episode I really don't enjoy. That being Episode 10, "Midnight".

It gets really annoying. With an alien influence that repeats everything that anyone on the trapped bus says. Add to that, all the shouting over one another (looking at you Cane family) and some frustrating character traits (looking at you Professor), a single minded Stewardess (looking at you.. err, Stewardess) and the lack of any Donna Noble*.

Plus after all the trouble, we never find out anything about any of it. In a way that can be good, leave it to you're imagination, but in another way bad, you kinda, WANT answers. We never find out why the bus stopped, what the being was, what it wanted, why it specifically targeted Sky Sylvestri, nothing.

*Donna Noble appeared briefly at the start and end, but she mainly wasn't there because this episode was being filmed at the same time as another. That other episode would have more Donna and less Doctor, but that one is actually REALLY good. Not this one though, FAR too annoying.

If you want a taste of just how annoying, watch this video, it's just under 4 mins, but encompasses the most annoying aspect, especially between 2:00 and 2:35

Breaking bad - Fly episode.

They chase a fly for an hour, apparently it has a deeper meaning and I never got it, all I got was bored. 

Very much this. This was the only episode I wound up skipping through, and it was only worth it for the talk at the end.

Breaking bad - Fly episode.

They chase a fly for an hour, apparently it has a deeper meaning and I never got it, all I got was bored. 

I never understood why so many people disliked the 'Fly' episode. It's actually a very important episode, and represents the bridge between the Walt of old the Walt he would eventually become. All of the horrible decisions Walt has made throughout the series have become personified through this fly that has entered his lab - and much like his cancer - he is unable to seize control of it and get rid of it. The fly is essentially Walt's guilt. 

Maybe I looked too far into it, but that's the symbolism I saw whenever I watched it. I love slow-burning character episodes done well, and the events that followed the 'Fly' episode wouldn't have packed the same punch without the 'Fly' episode preceding them. 

As for my personal stinker episodes, the most recent one would be episode 5 of the current season of Game of Thrones. It was rife with bizarre camera angles, simplistic, bland dialogue; it was poorly directed overall. 

• Like 1

Couple more from me. The Terrence and Phillip centered episodes of South Park. I know they're intentionally bad, but that still is bad. And also the episode, "A Million Little Fibres". Towlie is an annoying character. His first episode was alright but only because of kids epic struggle to retrieve their games console. But the Million Fibres episode is boring and stupid even by South Parks standards on stupid. Especially when Oprahs genitals get involved. Whenever I watch South Park through the seasons, I always skip those episodes.

Edited by ShadowGandalf

Entourage:

The episodes where Vince gets a new agent, Amanda. I recognize that something along these lines was necessary to further the narrative between Vince and Ari as well as give perspective to the broader scale of Vince's career, but I just didn't like it. It just felt like they were jumping the shark. I guess you were supposed to hate her and it worked for me.

Edited by RedEye420

Love & Monsters from S2 of Dr Who

The Dr Who 50th Anniversary

The 11th Hour from S5 of Dr Who

The Wedding of River Song from S6 of Dr Who

The Curse of the Black Spot from S6 of Dr Who

Time of the Doctor from S7 of Dr Who

Torchwood Miracle Day. I liked the idea of Jack being vulnerable for once, but the alien was so... boring. And also the filler that was Jack's love story. Wasted time.

A Christmas Carol (Christmas Episode from Dr Who)

The Snowmen (Christmas Episode from Dr Who)

May seem like a lot of episodes, but there is still some quality Dr Who left. I hope. Also, notice how only 2 of these were from RTD whereas the rest are from Moffat? :giggle:

No simpsons yet? I'll start;

The Simpsons spin-off showcase Season 8 episode 24 - Trying to recapture the magic of the 22 short films episode.

Behind the laughter Season 11 Episode 22 - Trying to recapture the magic of the 138th episode spectacular.

Most historical / future / treehouse of horror episodes (although some exceptions apply).

No simpsons yet? I'll start;

The Simpsons spin-off showcase Season 8 episode 24 - Trying to recapture the magic of the 22 short films episode.

Behind the laughter Season 11 Episode 22 - Trying to recapture the magic of the 138th episode spectacular.

Most historical / future / treehouse of horror episodes (although some exceptions apply).

Well to be fair the last 10 seasons of that show should just be forgotten.