Have you ever bought a game without having the Console yet?

DarknessKey92

• 4 months later...

I did, every now and then.

I bought Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for the Game Boy Advance 2 months before I ever got one.

Also got Devil May Cry 4, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit and Prince of Persia (2008) about 6 months before I got my PS3. At least I had a few games to play when I finally got the console.

Nowadays, not so much. I try to get the console and the first game at around the same time.

I bought Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition a full month (April 2, 2014) before I bought my PS4 (May 2, 2014) because it was the only PS4 game I wanted at the time and Amazon had it on sale for $40. By the time I bought a PS4 the game's price had been bumped up to $50 so I felt pretty good.

Hobby of mine, it seems.

Dead or Alive 2 - I bought PS2 later.

Project Rub - Bought NDS later.

Blazblue Calamity Trigger Limited Edition - PS3 later.

Corpse Party - PS Vita.

I found Crisis Core a while ago, so now I need PSP too.

PS4 is a bit weird, as I have lots of PS+ games for it already. I wonder when I buy my first retail game for it.

Hmm I understand the concept of getting limited editions and such but I try not to buy games that I can't play if I don't have the required system to do so. The only time that I can recollect buying a game for a system that I didn't own yet was Splinter Cell Double Agent for the Xbox 360. Christmas was a week away but I wanted to get the game so I can look at the artwork on the box and know that when I got my console that I was set to play a game that I was highly anticipating. :D

Edited by WinterHitman
  • Like 1

I bought WET somewhere between october 2009-january 2010 for PS3. I bought...

No wait.... I saw WET in a store there and kinda fell in love with it, but I didn't buy it until middle of 2010. And before that I had bought Riddick assault arena. Didn't get me a PS3 until june 2011.

Once in 2007 I won a Need for speed game for the 360 in a competition. I still have it factory sealed. Never got a 360.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if I already commented on this topic but, Yes!

before we get a ps2

We bought dead or alive 2, burnout and a game I forgot what it was called but it's similar to fighting force, where you control a male or a female character and fight gang's on the city and later on aliens.

Yes. Because it raises the Motivation to save up money for a console. :)

I had NeptuniaPP before the Vita.

I had a 2DS just for PokemonX, but sold the 2DS because of the need of money (shitty lifesituation), now I bought Pokemon AS new and factorysealed veeery cheap, but habe no compatible console currently :P

Oh and I got Driveclub for 8€. I mean, why not? 8€ for a new and factorysealed game! :D But I guess the motivation for a PS4 would come with Neptunia Victory 2.

I bought Tales of Vesperia for the 360. I was hoping one of my brother's friend would lend me his XB but apparently it's gone weird and sometimes damages the discs? idk. Hopefully someone else I know will get the XBone and let me play it now that 360 games are compatible.

Even if I don't get to play it, it was only 20€ anyway.