Not as good as Dark Souls

I_beat__my_yeet

To be fair I enjoyed the game but there were not that many things that made it stand out. The artwork wasn't as great as the ds1 but it still had its moments. It did have an improvement in game play though. Adding the ability to actually dual wield was amazing. One of the biggest let downs in my opinion was that you can teleport form any bonfire from the very beginning of the game. You could progress on without having to worry that it would be hard to make it back to majula. Also there where way to many bonfires. I mean you would walk around for about 5 minutes and bam there was another bonfire. Other then those things this is a pretty good game with its mix between DS1 and DeS. 

600 hundred hours?! After the platinum?!

Yes my save shows it...

Went to ng+13 and sl 646...

Spent a lot of time in the forest and in the DLC hunting and being hunted...

Now the DLC of DS2 prolly get trophies I will spent some more time there, but the epic moments of DeS & DS1 is over i guess...

31497.jpg

WOW! You know what though? If I combined the hours of all of my playthroughs on Final Fantasy Tactics or maybe even Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, I think the total number(s) would look similar. Man, I used to play those games like crazy!

I feel the gameplay was a massive improvement, there were just a few weird design choices and the level design wasn't as great as the first one. Beeing a sequel to Dark Souls is a heavy burden to carry and DS2 did fine, considering.

I feel the gameplay was a massive improvement, there were just a few weird design choices and the level design wasn't as great as the first one. Beeing a sequel to Dark Souls is a heavy burden to carry and DS2 did fine, considering.

I agree. I found the game as good as the first one, but without the novelty. DS2 is the sequence of the best game ever made (IMHO) and managing to hold up the expectations is a feat by itself.

Demon's Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2

Not sure about Demon's Souls being better then Dark souls. Mainly due to all the game play improvements.

I agree with you and in all honesty I thought they where all great but was really hoping that DS2 would have been better.

Edited by wtfman789

I've LOVED all three games (and platted all three - before anyone accuses me of pandering to the 'easier' ones) and I think they have imprved with each iteration.

They are all fantastic, but IMO Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls > Demons Souls.

I agree that they have gotten easier, but a lot of that is to do with knowing the game you are getting into ahead of time - and knowing how to go about fiding a play style and a built that fits you - I wonder if a gamer who played DS2 first then Demons Souls would find Demons Souls easier?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've LOVED all three games (and platted all three - before anyone accuses me of pandering to the 'easier' ones) and I think they have imprved with each iteration.

They are all fantastic, but IMO Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls > Demons Souls.

I agree that they have gotten easier, but a lot of that is to do with knowing the game you are getting into ahead of time - and knowing how to go about fiding a play style and a built that fits you - I wonder if a gamer who played DS2 first then Demons Souls would find Demons Souls easier?

I thought it is getting easier because the real world is getting softer.  For example, some schools are no longer grade their student from A to F.  They now have only two grades, excellent or satisfactory.  The reason for this is because they don't want to make the B,C,D, and F students to feel less worthy than the A student.  The same with socer, it doesn't matter which team win or lose, both teams would get the same trohpy.

• 1 month later...

After playing Demon's Souls I have to say that Dark Souls 2 borrows quite a few things good and bad from Demon's.

The Linear paths are a real let down, it's really easy, especially once you know your way around(which should be by NG+).

A lot of the lord bosses were jokes(especially Mr.Old Iron King) another problem Demon's Souls had(though I loved the Idea of the Old Monk battle where players can invade you during that fight).

Though I did manage to get to NG++++ without getting bored, though Demon's Souls isn't too far behind.

I have Dark Souls on PC, but it doesn't run as smooth as it used to so I just bought it for the PS3 and will be playing it again.

Edited by HeroMAXD

I spent 180 hours playing Dark Souls 2 and loved every minute of it. There were a few things I didn't like about it, namely limited re-spawns for enemies and fast traveling available from the very beginning, it was also the easiest of the series I felt. That being said it's still a great game that I'd definitely recommend. However I do like Dark Souls the best out of the series and it's in my top 5 favourite PS3 games.

well I played around 950+ hours of PvP on Dark Souls 1 but dks2 was a disappoint for me kuz:

2nd day of release I met a hacker...
Havelyns everywhere (even tho they got patched)
OP as hell casters everywhere (same as above & there are still crawling)  

megamule on 1st week
poise system
there are more hackers and modders than dks1
host can heal but me "invader" kant (don't know if got patched)

many of my friends retired from dks2 kuz the massive bad changes it has, pve was ok but pvp = 0/10

r28fbBr.gif  <- 4 lyfe.  if u played dks1 & never fought this, "git gud" lol

Edited by Zanzarro

Liked this a lot. The only disappointment is because of monsters disappearing after killing them a set amount of times.

Still got to 10 millions of soul memory (at least 3 millions are still unspent, but I'm at SL 222, I think).

Can't care about PVP, it's not the game focus even tho a lot of people seem to be getting the game just for that.

Liked the jolly cooperation aspect that I never used in the previous 2 games. It makes the game a tad too easier tho.

• 4 months later...

To me Demon's Souls was simply the best looking. And the tendencies mechanism rocked. Also I don't like PvP, I am a co-op player, and from that point of view DS2 sucks. On my first play through I like to collect everything I can and the messages do help. I don't see why I have to be bothered. From Software should find a way to leave the PvP players in their ghetto. Like that the chances to be invaded are proportional to the times one tried (so at the beginning the invasions can start) to invade. People who never try to invade never get invaded. It's that simple. And no more crap like the autoinvasion. 

Throughout NG I never had a problem with a boss until honestly the Darklurker, so I agree with it being called Darcasual 2. Its annoying getting to the Darklurker then fighting him and dying, costing myself a human effigy after each unsuccessful attempt.. Comparing it to Dark Souls, I kinda like this one better, maybe its cause I followed a walkthrough and have played it more thoroughly. But overall, I like both games :D