Physical vs Digital (Full Retail)

Dreakon139

Physical vs Digital  

345 members have voted

1. 1. When it comes to full retail games, which do you prefer?

• Physical
    • Digital

Although I have enjoyed getting the stuff I get from PS+, I am still going to say physical over digital as I like seeing what's in my collection and seeing cover art and having the right to do what I wish to do with it.

Digital does have it's place for sure, but with the amount of time it takes to download, the space it takes up on a HDD and that download going towards my monthly internet usage is what keeps my buying physical.

• 2 weeks later...

:hmm: Depends now on which system for me.

PS3- I choose Physical. Physical sometimes comes with a free code or added freebies along with it. Downloading games with more than 2 GB is too tedious that sometimes it takes days or weeks (DCUO). Wherein you can get a physical copy of the same game.

PS Vita- Digital has an advantage on this one since you can back digital up in the computer saves, and dlcs. It's a hassle to switch games over and over.

PSP- I prefer both Physical and Digital-

• The only thing I like when it's digital is that you can easily swap games anytime but when it comes to downloading it's a bit time consuming depending on the internet speed or play PSN exclusives. And also it saves enough space in the luggage when you travel often. :)

• Physical comes in handy not just to hold the copy on-hand but also saves time to download large-sized games from the PSN store or when you're going to reformat the memory card, one doesn't need to re-download the game. Takes space in your luggage but it's only minor though.

:)

I prefer and use both.  I usually buy physical first as I get pre-order bonuses from GameStop but then when the game is on sale, I'll buy digital.  I just wish Microsoft would get its act together and sell a bigger hard drive as 320GB is not big enough.

I have loads of Digital copies for both the PS3 and 360.  Once reason I like digital is my sister and I can play the same game together on 2 separate systems without having to buy a second copy.  I just can't stand split screen anymore.

My only exception to both would be for the Vita as storage is far too expensive.  I have so many digital Vita games (either through Cross-Buy or PS+) that I couldn't fit them all on 1 32GB Vita card.

Not having to go to my many game cases is convenient (yes, I am lazy).  I am slowly adding digital copies as they go on sale or get offered with PS+

The only downside to digital is the initial wait time for the download and install.  My only other gripe is when Sony doesn't use the Save Game ID for the retail and digital copies.  I didn't like having to start over again because the digital and retail copies used different game save IDs like Ratchet: All for one and Daxter.

I like when companies release the DLC on the disc like Borderlands GOTY so I had a physical copy of what is normally digital only.

I have both a hacked PS3 and RGH 360 for when my digital copies can no longer be downloaded (It will happen eventually) so I can keep on playing.  Look at the Xbox 1.  Microsoft removed all DLC when they shut down Xbox 1 LIVE.

I've just started playing my PS3 more then a hour or 2 a week started January and I was surprised how much it bugged me as well to have a full retail game as digital. After buying Ni No Kuni digital I wont be doing it again except for PS+. It drives me crazy lol

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I prefer physical over digital unless it's a game that has online multiplayer or coop that my husband might be interested in playing with me. If that's the case then I'll get the digital version so we don't have to buy two of the physical discs and save some money. Otherwise, I prefer having a physical disc so I can either add it to our collection or sell after we're done with it. :)

I prefer physical but if I want a game badly enough, I'll opt to digital. I prefer to have satisfaction from the opening of a case but digital is nice too. Wish I had Last Of Us physical but had to opt to digital (prime example of my preference for both).

It all depends on how badly I want the game.

Edited by BSAA_Operative

I prefer digital so I can self-boost MP between local PS3's.

I own over 550 physical PS3 discs and have run out of room to store them. These days I'll only buy physical if it's significantly cheaper than digital, which is more often the case than not, hence the obscenely large collection.