Buying The Last of Us: Remastered - Should I or Shouldn't I?

FluffyAssassin64

Buying The Last of Us: Remastered  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be purchasing The Last of Us: Remastered?

• Yes, and I haven't yet played it on PS3 so I'm excited!
    • Yes, and I've played campaign on PS3 but I'll play it again
    • Yes, and I've played both campaign and MP on the PS3
    • Yes, and I've played everything and purchased DLC on PS3
    • No, I've already played it to death so I've got no interest in buying or playing it again
    • No, I'm still playing and enjoying it on PS3 so don't see the point
    • No, I didn't really like it on PS3 so I don't think I'll ever play it again
    • No, and I haven't yet played it / don't want to play it / looks boring
  2. 2. Should I buy The Last of Us: Remastered?

Hi guys. So, with the upcoming release of the PS4 version of The Last of Us: Remastered, it's got me excited to play this masterpiece of a game again. Obviously it's been a year since the original release, and a year since I last played it, so I figured it's about time. HOWEVER, my dilemma is whether I should play it again on the PS3 or buy it on the PS4 and play it there.

A bit about my situation:

• I LOVE this game; easily one of my favourites from last-gen. Character design, story, graphics, even gameplay (I know some didn't like it, but I was definitely a fan)
  • I've only played through ONCE on normal (I should have played on hard; don't know why I didn't). Because it's so story-driven, I figured that I didn't want to 'cheapen' the story by playing it over-and-over again at the time (I did the same thing with Bioshock, for example)
  • I won the PS3 version in a competition (so as have yet, technically have not spent any money on the game, haha)
  • I have NOT yet played any of the DLC (that's Left Behind or any of the MP DLC... which costs a bit of money separately and is included in Remastered to the best of my knowledge). THIS IS PROBABLY MY MAIN CONSIDERATION; IT'S EXPENSIVE BY ITSELF ANYWAY
  • I have NOT yet played any MP (and I'm assuming the online community wouldn't be as massive any more)
  • I'm keen to play both the MP and Left Behind eventually
  • I can purchase the 'Remastered' version for $47 at the moment if I choose

I would greatly appreciate any input or suggestions as to what you think I should do... I'm in a bit of a pickle :P Also, let everyone know what your plan is with regards to The Last of Us: Remastered; will you be getting it or not?

I apologise if there is any topic like this out there, but I couldn't find anything (I looked for like 10 minutes and couldn't find anything :P)

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

I'm not bothering since I played it enough times on PS3.

But honestly it's really up to you. I always say that as long as you enjoy your purchases, then who cares, right? Because to be perfectly honest, it seems that you really want it.

I'm just gunna say yes. It's too amazing not to buy/play again on PS4 :P I may buy it again myself at some point too

btw, the MP is still very very active. It'll be a while before that dies out, as it's just too good

Edited by Beeinhollywood

Since you've already played and considering all the aspects of your situation I think the ONLY reason you should buy it would be to help the developers, but once again they're quite wealthy already :P

My opinion is to keep the money and invest it on another game/games or other things you may like

I played the game & multiplayer thoroughly on Ps3 .. 

and while i don't support re buying games for The Last Of Us i'm making an exception 

considering the game is just excellent ! 

I also wanted to play through it again , so i'll wait for the Ps4 Version 

i'm sure it'll look somewhat nicer & play smoother 

it's really the only game i would re-buy for the price that is .

• Like 1

I'd say go for it! I only played it once as well, for the same reason about cheapening the experience. I know there's still a decent community but can't say what will happen when the PS4 version comes out. The DLC is $30 by itself and since you haven't played it that alone makes upgrading worth it. I'm going to get the Remastered version just because it's one of my favorite games of all time and Naughty Dog does amazing work. 

Am buying it, meant to be amazing from what I've heard. I haven't actually played the game or seen gameplay so am really excited and not sure what to expect.

I saw the story trailer and the story looks amazing and I will defiantely get into it. I don't have a PS3 but the Remastered with all DLC will be great so am preording it.

• Like 1

Well The Last Of Us is my all time favorite game so it's really a no-brainer for me. I have the platinum and 100% with all the dlcs. I have played the main campaign 5 times and another 4 the Left Behind, many hours on the multiplayer too which is my favorite one too. In fact i already preordered the PS4 bundle with the game, can't wait for July 30!!

$50 for a great game with improved graphics and framerate, and all that DLC, which you didn't even play yet! I'm playing through it right now and it is awesome on PS3, so I can't see why you wouldn't want to play it on PS4 too!

Well thanks HEAPS for your input everyone.

Just now, I bit the bullet and pre-ordered it from OzGameShop; came down to $42 for me with vouchers and 'player points'. Figured it was definitely worth it for the following reasons:

• The DLC separately alone is at least $30-35 at the moment anyway, and I intend to play all of it anyway
  • I'm excited to play the MP; and I've got a community of friends who will be getting it on PS4 who I'm sure will play it with me. If not, then at least I've got the vastly superior controller to play it on :P
  • I wanted to show my support to ND by purchasing the game (as mentioned above, I won the PS3 version in a competition)
  • The improved visuals are just icing on the cake :P

Once again, thank you everyone for your input. I spent a while weighing up the options on both sides of the argument and finally came to a decision. Stay sweet :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I plan on buying the day one edition of TLOU:Remastered :)

I have it on the PS3 but never got around to playing it - it was a birthday present last year but haven't been able to play it yet. I've looked on ebay and there are loads of copies being sold, usually for £10-£15; so hardly worth selling it and I like to keep games in my collection.

The way I see it, I can buy the DLC on top of my PS3 copy which will be another £15 or buy the remastered version, all DLC included for ~£35 and just keep the PS3 copy for my collection.

You see, that's a controversial decision to make. You're getting a game you already have on PS3 regardless of the matter. Granted you are getting better graphics and all the DLC free and a Photo Mode that looks like it could have more features than inFAMOUS: Second Son's Photo Mode. Then again, to this day I still use Second Son's Photo Mode A LOT because I enjoy utilizing photography in a game. Other than that though, you're getting pretty much a duplicate trophy set (I don't know how you feel about that, but I personally get annoyed when I see duplicate trophy sets like how I see 6 Jak and Daxters with the Vita and PS3 versions), you're getting the same experience, if you're like me and invested a lot of time in the PS3 version in the past year playing like 5 playthroughs of the game, you may have to repeat that process and wouldn't want to see the day you finally get annoyed of playing the story 5 more times for each difficulty for those trophies, and lastly, and I think this is what is gonna hurt the sales of The Last of Us: Remastered the most, but the super amount of hard drive space the game takes up. We're still really early in the PS4's lifetime and we can't afford to be wasting away space right now on a game we could get cheaper and takes up less space on PS3 when we can't fit more than like 15 games with 500 GB. With the hard drive space factor, I might not get this game until they release a PS4 with at least a terabyte of space.

Edited by Potter13579