US PS Plus August line up (the real one)

RoD_HiGo

Do you just copy and paste this every month? I've never seen you post something positive in one of these threads.

On topic: 3 free games for the ps3, all of which look playable. Sounds pretty good to me. I'll download the vita games as well or if I ever buy one.

That's because it's actually getting worse every month, go back to 2013's PS Plus threads and you'll see positive comments from me in every single one. In 2014 the only great month we've had so far was February. Most of you people just can't accept that PS Plus is no longer a great service, all they do nowadays is shove crappy indie games down your throat. Last year in August, we got the following games;

- Need For Speed Most Wanted (PS3)

- Mafia 2 (PS3)

- Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)

- Lego Lord of The Rings (Vita)

- When Vikings Attack (Vita)

How many indies did we get last year? 1.

How many indies do we get now? 4.

Don't even try telling me this year's August is even half as good as last year's August.

Edited by Goro

That's because it's actually getting worse every month, go back to 2013's PS Plus threads and you'll see positive comments from me in every single one. In 2014 the only great month we've had so far was February. Most of you people just can't accept that PS Plus is no longer a great service, all they do nowadays is shove crappy indie games down your throat. Last year in August, we got the following games;

- Mafia 2 (PS3)

Don't even try telling me this year's August is even half as good as last year's August.

You do know last year, the ps4 wasn't on the lineup. Not all indie games are bad. :) Give them a chance.

You do know last year, the ps4 wasn't on the lineup. Not all indie games are bad. :) Give them a chance.

Of course i know that and i have given indie games a chance, they're fun for all of about 10 minutes and then i have to spend several hours getting the rest of the trophies which isn't enjoyable in the slightest.

- Mafia 2 (PS3)

For one, aren't you in Ireland? This isn't the European update so I'm not sure why you're complaining about the American version. Secondly, those Vita titles from last year really aren't in the same quality as Dragon's Crown or Fez. Some people will feel some bitterness as they already have previously bought a title before; however this update seems to be giving away Road Not Taken and Metrico right at their release dates, thus giving people a greater chance to try them out.

• Like 2

Of course i know that and i have given indie games a chance, they're fun for all of about 10 minutes and then i have to spend several hours getting the rest of the trophies which isn't enjoyable in the slightest

They are more entertaining than most shooters around this time in my opinion. Everybody has a different taste in games. Like me and shooter games , i am getting tired of the whole cover and shoot mechanics in most games now. I still play them, yes but i don't find them as entertaining as something new instead of the same formula. Indie games are made because its people like you and me that grew up on playing videogames and learning that they are an art form and like what they do. For example, if you watch the documentary Indie game the movie it shows you on more behind close doors of what it actually takes to make a game fun. I will tell you to actually applaud them because they are doing what they want instead of bashing them because you prefer a expensive AAA game. Sorry for the grammar errors, pretty busy with a college report.

Edited by Bry142
  • Like 2

- Mafia 2 (PS3)

Well since I have no desire to play mafia... Ever, and I'm pretty meh about the NFS games I would actually tell you that this years August is better. Now if DC wasn't available on the ps3 as well, it would definitely change things.

All I'm saying is that everyone has different game play style/preferences so what could be a crappy run of months for you might be really enjoyable for many other people. There's no reason to post each month complaining about it. I highly doubt a Sony rep is reading these threads looking for feedback.

Edited by Hemiak

Is Anyone Else getting the issue where they can't add "Dragon Crown" to their Cart? I got all the games I wanted(Proteus, Road Not Taken, Metrico) from the IGC.

But it won't let me add Dragon Crown to the Cart, I get the usual Agreement before i get to add it; but as i hit confirm I get "you are not eligible to purchase or download this Content".

Also it seams to be the only IGC game without the Plus symbol on it.

I hope they didn't back out on giving it for free, it's the only game I was looking forward to get in this line up :(

Is Anyone Else getting the issue where they can't add "Dragon Crown" to their Cart? I got all the games I wanted(Proteus, Road Not Taken, Metrico) from the IGC.

But it won't let me add Dragon Crown to the Cart, I get the usual Agreement before i get to add it; but as i hit confirm I get "you are not eligible to purchase or download this Content".

I hope they didn't back out on giving it for free, it's the only game I was looking forward to get in this line up :(

Store usually begins updating around 3pm EST and normally is finished around 5pm EST. That game doesn't seem to have been updated yet. 

I'm having the issue of Dragon's Crown not appearing as "Free" for me. Everything else that should be did

I'm having the issue of Dragon's Crown not appearing as "Free" for me. Everything else that should be did

Just checked web store again, and it's appearing as Free now.

Edit: I got the PS3 version, but Vita version is giving an error

Edited by MatCauthon