Should Sony have system like Microsoft e.g 1 plat gives you money to spend on store

Conker

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sony have it getting a plat gives you money to spend on the store

• Yes
    • NO

Since Microsoft gives you money to on their store for getting achievements,I think it would be nice to see it on Sony Consoles/handhelds which is getting a plat gives you $1 to spend on the store.

wanna know what others think about this so have your say below and do vote as well

Yes, but not always money - it could be to unlock preorder bonuses, exclusive content or avatars for example.

This would ultimately mean more people would play the games throughly, meaning that devs would have a much better idea on how their game was received as a whole, not just after a 4 hour speedrun.

• Like 3

Yes, but not always money - it could be to unlock preorder bonuses, exclusive content or avatars for example.

This would ultimately mean more people would play the games throughly, meaning that devs would have a much better idea on how their game was received as a whole, not just after a 4 hour speedrun.

This isn't true.

For example, there could be a certain mechanic introduced in a game that people hate and would normally stop playing at, thus causing a massive drop in trophy rarity at that point.

Enticing people to keep playing like this will just break the rarity system and give off an inaccurate representation of how well the game was received. 

Some good old fashion gamer racism there.   :lol:

Edited. I'm just sick of this subject as it was being talked about for an hour previously in the chat box.
Edited by Mad Brawl3r

This isn't true.

For example, there could be a certain mechanic introduced in a game that people hate and would normally stop playing at, thus causing a massive drop in trophy rarity at that point.

Enticing people to keep playing like this will just break the rarity system and give off an inaccurate representation of how well the game was received. 

I don't quite agree with this part. If the system changes then so does the way every game is recieved, so it is no longer inaccurate. If the system were to actually change it would be accurate. I think exclusive avatars/titles/colors/etc are a good thing and I'd have no trouble setting goals like achieving 100 platinums to unlock one I think looks sweet.

No, why give people more incentive to hack and cheat. Playing the game to completion should be reward enough.

How do you think microsoft does it? Sony can easily do it the way they do. Only count approved synched trophies through the network and not local system trophies. And any hack gets a console ban. (As in no more accounts can play online through that console)

• Like 1

I don't quite agree with this part. If the system changes then so does the way every game is recieved, so it is no longer inaccurate. If the system were to actually change it would be accurate. I think exclusive avatars/titles/colors/etc are a good thing and I'd have no trouble setting goals like achieving 100 platinums to unlock one I think looks sweet.

Except most people who didn't care about trophies before probably won't reach 100 anyway, and people who would reach 100 were bothering with trophies regardless, so it seems a little pointless if the requirement will be that high.

This isn't true.

Edited. I'm just sick of this subject as it was being talked about for an hour previously in the chat box.

I don't blame you, me and some of my buddies talked about this and we feel indifferent towards it. On one hand it's a nice thing to do and receive but on the other if a person hacks you would never know and that could have an impact on MS judgement to keep the system .

This isn't true.

Except most people who didn't care about trophies before probably won't reach 100 anyway, and people who would reach 100 were bothering with trophies regardless, so it seems a little pointless if the requirement will be that high.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say... So if Sony would make a system like this and people would play their games more to completion, this would be a problem because trophy rarity is gonna suffer because of it? 

About the second post, Sony can adjust the rewards depending on the amount of Platinums... For example: 10 Platinums, A special avatar; 25 Platinums, Store credit; 100 Platinums, Free AAA Game. This way people dedicated to trophy hunting will be rewarded more than people that hunt for fun

Could be that I misunderstood what you said though

Edited by Rubieno
  • Like 2

I don't really understand what you're trying to say... So if Sony would make a system like this and people would play their games more to completion, this would be a problem because trophy rarity is gonna suffer because of it? 

About the second post, Sony can adjust the rewards depending on the amount of Platinums... For example: 10 Platinums, A special avatar; 25 Platinums, Store credit; 100 Platinums, Free AAA Game. This way people dedicated to trophy hunting will be rewarded more than people that hunt for fun

I'm saying that the trophy rarity is used by some developers as a feedback system. An example is that most people in inFAMOUS followed the Good storyline, so they followed on from inFAMOUS into inFAMOUS 2 and Second Son using the Good ending.

And as I said, if the rarity drops at a certain mechanic being introduced, you know the mechanic is a bad one.

Enticing people to finish their games will ultimately make this kind of usage of the rarity system pointless.

I'm saying that the trophy rarity is used by some developers as a feedback system. An example is that most people in inFAMOUS followed the Good storyline, so they followed on from inFAMOUS into inFAMOUS 2 and Second Son using the Good ending.

And as I said, if the rarity drops at a certain mechanic being introduced, you know the mechanic is a bad one.

Enticing people to finish their games will ultimately make this kind of usage of the rarity system pointless.

There will always be people that don't care about trophies... I think that it shouldn't be a real problem! Also, because Sony will reward you for getting trophies, doesn't mean that everyone will suddenly be getting the Gran Turismo 5 or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 platinum lol

The rarity system was only implemented after Sony saw how popular it was.  Also if people have the right to delete any trophies anytime, this too would make the rarity system pointless. 

In that case no reason to bother developping big games in the first place as 25% max usually get a plat - so if that means only 25% care, they could spend less money catering to the 75% - so that doesn't seem to work - I hope kotik isn't looking at this forum :ninja:

In that case no reason to bother developping big games in the first place as 25% max usually get a plat - so if that means only 25% care, they could spend less money catering to the 75% - so that doesn't seem to work - I hope kotik isn't looking at this forum :ninja:

I never said that. :huh:

What I said was, if a certain mechanic suddenly gets introduced, and, assuming this mechanic has a trophy for unlocking it or an unmissable one very close by, the rarity of later trophies is incredibly low in comparison to that specific trophy, then you know people didn't like that mechanic.

I said nothing about platinums in there.

Wait Microsoft gives you money for achievements?

Or is it that awful Xbox Rewards, where getting 25,000g (25 plats) makes you the highest tier of achievement hunter  :facepalm:

Last time I checked you don't get money to spend on the store, you get a 'special' present on your birthday (Forgot what it was, most likely an avatar award) or a 2% rebate on money spent per month, which is terrible, spending 2000 points would get 20 points back.

I think Sony should implement something more than a levelling system, but I definitely don't want anything that would entice hackers. 

They should make them into an uPlay type reward system where you get in-game rewards for unlocking a certain amount of trophies.

For example: If you earn the platinum trophy in a COD game then you get an exclusive gun for the multiplayer etc...

Edited by Goro
  • Like 3

Well, isn't dedication and fun practically the same thing in-terms of trophy hunting; one way or another, that person will acquire a new plat which will raise their overall trophy level and percentage, thus relieving them of their shite game and being content with actual progress being made.

What I'm not understanding is, why should people be rewarded for earning trophies? Isn't the reward in acquiring the said trophy itself? It's akin to giving someone money for reading a book, just because they've been reading books for their personal enjoyment. Trophies are a hobby, not a rubric to enhance gaming rewards. People, as of this day and age, simply don't have time to dedicate to trophies every day, thus one isn't going to sacrifice their family time to nab some goodies Sony is offering.

Also, Microsoft's rewards program isn't all too stellar to begin with; If I recall, wasn't there some ridicule percentage off a game that's barely worth shite? Such as 2%? Trophy hunting is catered to a niche audience - not every gamer is doing it; so why overhaul an entire network for very few people?

• Like 3

Similar to how Batman: Arkham Origins does it, that could be spread across all games. What they do is for completing the game three times, normal NG+, and IATN, you get a theme. There is nothing wrong with that and the only thing it does is give more bang for your buck in the end, so avatars/themes would be good. Now this shouldn't be implemented across every game, especially ones with easy platinums, but it would make people play the game more than just once.

Sony will never implement this - if they did it would split their community right down the middle. People would start in-fighting. People would leave. It would artificially distort the point of trophy hunting - which is for fun. The second you introduce monetary value, it will destroy what they are trying to build here.

Sony want to increase the amount of people playing and to preserve their gaming community, not fracture it into mini-factions all at war with eachother.

Cosmetic, non-profit stuff sure - something like 'unlock this specific trophy and you get a cool exclusive console wallpaper'.

Edited by Captain_Cutscene

thats a really good idea, and  at 150 you get 6 months of plus. 

Or maybe a skill tree type thing (i will post one later)

I think how far the player should be rewarded for trophies should be up to the developer. Getting money from trophies seems weird to me, but getting an avatar or theme for a plat seems like a good idea. It would be like a whole new way of showing off :D

EDIT:

There's probably over a 100.000 hackers on PSN, if not more. This will never happen

Good point. Never even thought of that. Edited by HappyKastanie