Most Recent Platinum

Muff

On 10/1/2023 at 1:46 PM, Ala-Arska said:

Silent Hill: Book of Memories (PS Vita) (+100%)

1L04b42c.png

Hyperthymesiac

Earn every trophy in the game

Well...it's a game, alright.

Silent Hill: Book of Memories is a Silent Hill product in name only. Horror, creepiness, grotesque monsters, fog...gone like a fart in Sahara.

Now it's an (almost?) endless hack 'n slash dungeon crawler, where after an hour you've seen it all. Then keep going for another 80 hours :giggle:

Combat is kinda awkward, dodging is laughable and insta/cheap deaths are around every corner.

Therefore range weapons, especially the OP DLC weapon Princess Heart, are a way to go. Princess beats Butchers and Pyramid Heads 10/10.

Loading times are abysmal to say the least. I must have watched a dozen movies during those (Police Academies are movies, right) :popcorn:

In a weird, masochistic, way I still kinda liked the game every now and then.

I'm used to worse grinding in RPGs, so getting to max lvl 70 and collecting all items was no big deal.

With one exception, SH: BoM would be a semi decent recommendation for playing casually every now and then and getting everything that way.

That exception is Multiplayer trophies! Getting 4 players online for a decade old Vita game is just as painful as it sounds.

Eventually those trophies were tackled and aced, many thanks to patient co-players @WARLOCK1972, @Sqigley, @the_sundstrom and @Kiwicrash :yay:

You can get those trophies with ad-hoc too, apparently. If you can afford 4 Vitas and 4 expensive copies of the game!

Overall, avoid if you want anything Silent Hill-esque. Get it, if you have low, low expectations and are glutton for punishment :whip:

Don't know if I should say "you've my sympathies" or "well done". Guess I'll go with "congratulations, you masochistic individual" 

Ala-Arska: Masochist GIFs | Tenor

• Like 3

On 12/1/2023 at 1:29 PM, GodKaio-Ken said:

Somehow you made this game sound incredibly fun while ranting about its negative aspects lmao i want to try it, but if I do I'm locked into getting it to 100% unless I just try it on my side profile first. 

Anyway my latest Plat was Adventure Time: Pirates Of The Enchiridion. 

It was actually kind of fun. I did it because it was in my backlog at a very low completion % when I saw it was available on PS+ for free again. 

Currently working on finishing Cuphead. I need two main game trophies then the DLC. 

Please do! Do play it, and enjoy it.

And in general, don't let my rant stop anyone to give it a try. I'm sure I was a minority - I hope - so by all means, give it a shot!

One person's trash could be someone else's treasure.

Also congrats on your plat!

Edited by Darghel