The Destiny Hype Train

Carville87

IcOqh.jpg

I was really hyped for destiny, played the alpha and the beta and enjoyed them especially getting new loot but as launch day looms i'm just not hyped anymore. 

Now that i have had time to reflect on it its more or less borderlands with a halo skin and i did not enjoy borderlands unless it was with a friend on a mic. 

bungie_destiny_gdc_22-e1369329683392.jpg

I have recently cancelled my pre-order on the game and don't know if i am going to get it.

Am i the only one feeling this way or is there more of you out there?

I played the beta, and you're right it felt a lot like Borderlands (which I'm not a big fan of) only not as good. With Borderlands the game is open and you can start multiple missions at once and do whatever you feel like, this constantly took you back to the lobby after completing one, only for your next mission to take place in the exact same place. It didn't help that every single mission in the beta was exactly the same, go here, defend this rinse repeat.

Obviously the finished game will have more variety, but I've seen enough to know I'll pass on it.

I played the beta, and you're right it felt a lot like Borderlands (which I'm not a big fan of) only not as good. With Borderlands the game is open and you can start multiple missions at once and do whatever you feel like, this constantly took you back to the lobby after completing one, only for your next mission to take place in the exact same place. It didn't help that every single mission in the beta was exactly the same, go here, defend this rinse repeat.

Obviously the finished game will have more variety, but I've seen enough to know I'll pass on it.

Even the free roam side missions were the same 3 things collect this, defeat a certain amount of these and kill this harder enemy at least the borderlands side missions were fun and had their own story 

You mean hype like watch_dogs, that's what will happen

Nope. We've already played Destiny so we what we're getting. No one had actually played Watch Dogs before it released and as such people were surprised by the huge graphical downgrade. I highly doubt we'll see that with Destiny. 

I cancelled my pre-order, it's not that great from what I've played, they haven't taken any feedback from the alpha or beta, and its pretty repetitive.

That is simply not true at all. Just off the top of my head they changed the Ghosts' dialogue because people complained about it, I'd consider that taking feedback. 

Personally, I really enjoyed both the Alpha and Beta. I'll be buying the game when it launches and from what I have played I am very confident that I will have fun with it for many hours to come. It'll be made even better by playing with some PSNP members. 

Parker

Meh, I hated Borderlands and personally never really got the hype around Halo. I mean don't get me wrong it was a fun FPS...but there are a lot of fun FPS games.

I honestly can't understand the hype around Destiny but if people are excited, good, but just remember to control your excitement otherwise you will probably be disappointed.

That is simply not true at all. Just off the top of my head they changed the Ghosts' dialogue because people complained about it, I'd consider that taking feedback. 

Parker

Well the new ghost voice acting was made before the alpha released but it was not implemented, according to Bungie anyway, but I suppose you are right regardless though.

Has anyone seen the Trophy List for this game yet i'm worried its gonna be a huge time sink or require a lot of friends (that i don't have)

I didn't think it looked bad besides the raid trophy since raids are supposedly uber difficult.

On another note, why do so many people seem to complain about an online game having modes/trophies that require online friends? If you don't have online friends make some while playing the game. You'll always be around other players. And if you want a single player game then maybe Destiny isn't really for you.

• Like 1

I hear people complaining about how repetitive the game story mode is. From what I experienced Destiny isnt mainly about story. Its more about pvping or the Crucible. Its going to be the next CoD. Lots of map DLC packs for the next 10 so years for people to just battle it out. who plays a fps shooter game for story? people just want to shoot each other.

I hear people complaining about how repetitive the game story mode is. From what I experienced Destiny isnt mainly about story. Its more about pvping or the Crucible. Its going to be the next CoD. Lots of map DLC packs for the next 10 so years for people to just battle it out. who plays a fps shooter game for story? people just want to shoot each other.

Well I think 10 years is a little ambitious...more like til Next Christmas

• Like 1

I didn't think it looked bad besides the raid trophy since raids are supposedly uber difficult.

On another note, why do so many people seem to complain about an online game having modes/trophies that require online friends? If you don't have online friends make some while playing the game. You'll always be around other players. And if you want a single player game then maybe Destiny isn't really for you.

Im talking like a trophy like Endure_achievement.png Vidmaster Challenge: Endure 

i can't handle staying long wave stuff like that again the horror the horror this was the hardest thing iv done in gaming so far Wipeout hd and 2048 are close second