What Are You Listening To?

parker-94

6 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

I just can't get enough of Tilian's voice. This is song certainly a lot lighter than his usual stuff with Dance Gavin Dance! Catchy af 1f603.png

Really liking him too either is solo stuff or with DGD! Really like this song he made with Jonny Craig

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wax743 said:

Really liking him too either is solo stuff or with DGD! Really like this song he made with Jonny Craig

Dood, that was absolutely phenomenal! Good call, as I wasn't familiar with that one ?

Ah why not, I'll throw one more out there, as he did one with Bilmuri too that you may or may not have heard already! 

7 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Dood, that was absolutely phenomenal! Good call, as I wasn't familiar with that one 1f601.png

If you don't already know, Craig was the clean signer in DGD before Tilian. One of my favourite signer ever, huge talent, but unfortunately, he is a dick! ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baranov_925 said:

“So disturbed, he just goes so berserk, he tiptoes
Fist first with scissors to slit throats of just hoes
Just goes to shizzow you dizzon't, fizzuck with
So-someone this disturbed, (sa-sippin on si-zzurp)
So lock your doors, drop to the floors
Get your shotguns drawn, here comes another "Clockwork Orange"
Look at Bizarre, you really think he's right in his mind?
What the fuck you think's goin' through when he's writin' his rhyme?”

Man… D12’s ‘Devil’s Night’ is, in my opinion, a straight up classic, and hands down one of my favourite hip hop albums of all time. Literally every single song and beat on this album is straight fire, and D12’s chemistry was at it’s peak.

It kills me inside knowing how criminally underrated this album is among modern hip hop fans, thinking about all these youngins out there who have never heard this shit and have no idea what they’re missing. ? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Man… D12’s ‘Devil’s Night’ is, in my opinion, a straight up classic, and hands down one of my favourite hip hop albums of all time. Literally every single song and beat on this album is straight fire, and D12’s chemistry was at it’s peak.

It kills me inside knowing how criminally underrated this album is among modern hip hop fans, thinking about all these youngins out there who have never heard this shit and have no idea what they’re missing. ? 

I used to listen to some rap in early 2010's including Public Enemy, NWA and D12 as well. I really enjoyed them, since it was a musical refresh that I needed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baranov_925 said:

I used to listen to some rap in early 2010's including Public Enemy, NWA and D12 as well. I really enjoyed them, since it was a musical refresh that I needed.

Hell yea man, that 1990 - 2010 era of hip hop is absolutely stacked full of amazing artists and classic albums. I’m a bit of an old head I guess, and admittedly I am totally biased with nostalgia, but I definitely consider that late 90s/early 00s to be the peak of rap music in my lifetime thus far.

So much amazing music came from that era, and the accelerated growth of hip hop during that period was insane! Many huge artists of that era blew up to unprecedented heights and started bringing hip hop into the mainstream consciousness.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wax743 said:

If you don't already know, Craig was the clean signer in DGD before Tilian. One of my favourite signer ever, huge talent, but unfortunately, he is a dick! ;)

Interesting, I did not know that! Honestly I only started getting into DGD since Artificial Selection, haven't listened to anything prior to that...

Afterburner tho is a different story, that made it into my most listened to stuff for Spotify last year!

20 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Hell yea man, that 1990 - 2010 era of hip hop is absolutely stacked full of amazing artists and classic albums. I’m a bit of an old head I guess, and admittedly I am totally biased with nostalgia, but I definitely consider that late 90s/early 00s to be the peak of rap music in my lifetime thus far.

So much amazing music came from that era, and the accelerated growth of hip hop during that period was insane! Many huge artists of that era blew up to unprecedented heights and started bringing hip hop into the mainstream consciousness.

Good to hear that. I'm rock'n'roller since 2000 (Stiff Upper Lip, All That You Can't Leave Behind, Reinventing the Steel), and rap was (and sometimes it is) very good refresh. Many records like Nation of Millions or Illmatic or Life After Death, have that ounces of heaviness, just like in good ol' rock \m/.