PS+ IGC October 2014

HeySumbode

DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition ;)

What the hell PS plus honestly not worth it anymore, so over these stupid indie games and then getting ps3 games I've already played. Like someone else said if it wasn't required on ps4 to play mp I would end my subscription.

DAT INDIE PUSH AIN'T GOIN NOWHERE BROTHER

• Like 1

By your statement, you believe that AA is worth $4. That means the other $0.17 you're paying for October nets you 6 other games. Great deal!

Unless they're games you do not care for, meaning that the price tag makes no difference. Hell, if I could get a container full of games for $0.01, but there wasn't a single game I'd be interested in, would you still classify that as a "great deal"? Probably you would, since you're missing the whole point, but oh well...

• Like 1

The lineup is good for me. I didn't play Asylum yet so it's a good chance to play it and try to Platinum it.

Also Spelunky & Dust look so much fun for me. Believe it or not but I think I would enjoy them more than DriveClub. I lost interest on DriveClub because of all the Drama followed this game continues delay.

I went to sleep and now I think it was a bit to harsh. I just feel like Sony was giving us that premium honey until Feb 2014 and now they are giving us some knock off brand. Anyway the Xbox games with gold is not better but I would say they are on par. 

I'll never understand why people complain to no end when every game on PS+ doesn't meet with their satisfaction.  Yeah, it's required to play online on PS4 now, but the cloud storage alone is worth it, it saved me from having to jump through hoops when I got a new PS4 HDD.  Yes, we know it 'used to be better', but what does that even mean? That it was only good when it had these big budget games? Indie games can be good too, you know.  I thought Steamworld Dig was one of the best indie games ever, much less on PS4.  I for one am actually very excited for this month.

• Like 2

I'll never understand why people complain to no end when every game on PS+ doesn't meet with their satisfaction.  Yeah, it's required to play online on PS4 now, but the cloud storage alone is worth it, it saved me from having to jump through hoops when I got a new PS4 HDD.  Yes, we know it 'used to be better', but what does that even mean? That it was only good when it had these big budget games? Indie games can be good too, you know.  I thought Steamworld Dig was one of the best indie games ever, much less on PS4.  I for one am actually very excited for this month.

It clearly does not make sense if the PS3 is going to be phase out slowly. Also considering Sony's indies is nothing like what Steam got, it can get pretty boring waiting for games.

• Like 1

Finally some decent games 

well for me i'm getting Driveclub, Spelunky and Batman AA because i still yet to play it, i will agree it is bit stupid that it on there seeing it from 2009 and everyone has played it, Batman AO would have been the smarter choice to put there imo, rest got no interest in atm.

but at least the games are good then ones be on the last 3months :)

PS4
DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4) (Trophies)

Looks pretty good, not a big fan of simulator type racing games but will give it a go.

Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)

Bought this for the 360 but never really found time to play through it all though, looks great and I did enjoy what I played so more than happy with this one personally, Could also surprise quite a few other gamers who are currently dismissing it.

Spelunky (PS4/PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy) (Trophies)

Already own this, not really a fan but I can see it appealing to quite a few other gamers. 

PS3
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) (Trophies)

Already own this, still not a bad game despite it's age, maybe now I will get around to finishing it. (Probably not though) I can understand some people not being happy with this being included due to it's age, but it's got to be tough trying to get 6 games a month to include so this is to be expected.

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3) (Trophies)
Quite enjoyed this back in the day, nearly bought it a few times but didn't. More than happy to get it for free.

PS Vita
Rainbow Moon (PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy) (Trophies)

Bought this the other week (along with half the games in the current sales at full price) Really enjoying it so far even if I have yet to scratch the surface of this game. Will appeal to quite a few people so a good game to be included. 

Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)

Looks pretty good, with this being a cross buy as well it's double win as I have the choice to either play it on the PS4 or while sat on the bus/toilet. 

Not the best line up on plus IGC to date, but far from the worst we have seen. Every month you see the same gamers saying they are quitting plus, yet one month later and they are moaning again and saying the same things. If plus isn't for you and you feel that you are being ripped off paying £40 a month for 72 games a year (some of which you may already own and only last while you subscribe! Wow I just realised Sony really are wankers pulling this crap on us gamers what with the fact that we are owed the moon on a stick and more due to some stupid self-entitlement belief that we seem to have!) then just quit already. 

• Like 1

I also noticed that on the blog they put ps3 at the bottom of the list of everything now (plus announcements, sales, new games etc) this with the horrible way they treat ps3 plus games makes me think they are forcibly to make ps3 less appealing than a ps4.

The PS3 is their oldest system that's still being supported. What are you even talking about?

Edited by Recreatee
  • Like 3

Gotta spin spin spin

Actually, it would be a great deal. Sony never guaranteed that every game that they offer would be one that you are interested in or don't own. 

So you should just be grateful and bow down for every kinds of shit thrown at you? Starts to sound like a religion to me.

I can't believe complainers don't seem to understand what's the whole scheme with this. Look, when companies offer a subscription service like this full of ostensibly free stuff like this one, they don't do it because they're nice guys. They do it because it makes them money. For every guy like me that actually makes the service work in his favor, there's 10 guys that pay up then do nothing or next to nothing with it for 12 months, then end up buying the same games that were "free" on the service anyway. They just got your money twice that way, and that's how they profit, because they're banking on the people who pay up and don't use it to their advantage. Okay, so PS+ had a bunch of good shit awhile back, now they don't. They took away the good shit because somewhere along the line, the deal was too sweet, too many people were using the service to their advantage, and they were either losing money because people were just waiting for the games to show up for free instead of buying them outright, or they weren't making as much money from the service as they wanted to. PS+ was no longer a sustainable money maker for them the way it was. So they nerf the service, give you some less popular new stuff and older stuff that can be bought for cheap used anyway. Because they know if they start giving out major recent releases that they know everybody likes, where's the incentive for you to pay for it new when you just pay your $50 subscription to get it and the rest of the things you get? I saw this coming a mile away and I'm surprised few other people seem to see it too. So if you're not good with that arrangement as it stands now, stop complaining and stop paying. If you think that won't effect a constructive change, think again: we just saw it happen to your loss in PS+ based on your spending habits. And don't tell me it's a mandatory service, because it's not. Nobody's holding a gun to your head forcing you to play online, that's your own completionist nature.

I can't believe complainers don't seem to understand what's the whole scheme with this. Look, when companies offer a subscription service like this full of ostensibly free stuff like this one, they don't do it because they're nice guys. They do it because it makes them money. For every guy like me that actually makes the service work in his favor, there's 10 guys that pay up then do nothing or next to nothing with it for 12 months, then end up buying the same games that were "free" on the service anyway. They just got your money twice that way, and that's how they profit, because they're banking on the people who pay up and don't use it to their advantage. Okay, so PS+ had a bunch of good shit awhile back, now they don't. They took away the good shit because somewhere along the line, the deal was too sweet, too many people were using the service to their advantage, and they were either losing money because people were just waiting for the games to show up for free instead of buying them outright, or they weren't making as much money from the service as they wanted to. PS+ was no longer a sustainable money maker for them the way it was. So they nerf the service, give you some less popular new stuff and older stuff that can be bought for cheap used anyway. Because they know if they start giving out major recent releases that they know everybody likes, where's the incentive for you to pay for it new when you just pay your $50 subscription to get it and the rest of the things you get? I saw this coming a mile away and I'm surprised few other people seem to see it too. So if you're not good with that arrangement as it stands now, stop complaining and stop paying. If you think that won't effect a constructive change, think again: we just saw it happen to your loss in PS+ based on your spending habits. And don't tell me it's a mandatory service, because it's not. Nobody's holding a gun to your head forcing you to play online, that's your own completionist nature.

dude. stop fabulating. shit's simple as square. ps plus is mandatory(for most, because you dont get your 400$ console and 50$ so you can play only the 8 hour sp) for online(let's not say everyone gets it, but half of ps4 users) on ps4 so if you are an even underaverage gamer you'll get it so you can play your only 2 games online. why would they get extraordinary games to draw you into buying it when you are now pretty much forced to. they have 12 mil ps4 sold . let's say only half get ps plus for online. just imagine the shitload of money they make, even if they didnt give ANY games. and take it as a fact, sony is almost fucking bankrupt. playstation is, if am not wrong, the only division from sony that's making good profit. guess they also need to save on money.

Edited by drevviill

dude. stop fabulating. shit's simple as square. ps plus is mandatory(for most, because you dont get your 400$ console and 50$ so you can play only the 8 hour sp) for online(let's not say everyone gets it, but half of ps4 users) on ps4 so if you are an even underaverage gamer you'll get it so you can play your only 2 games online. why would they get extraordinary games to draw you into buying it when you are now pretty much forced to. they have 12 mil ps4 sold . let's say only half get ps plus for online. just imagine the shitload of money they make, even if they didnt give ANY games. and take it as a fact, sony is almost fucking bankrupt. playstation is, if am not wrong, the only division from sony that's making good profit. guess they also need to save on money.

You are very wrong actually because they make most of their profit from insurance.

On one side, I'm satisfied with the games and on the other side, I'm slightly disappointed with the Batman selection. I picked up Arkham Origins the last time it was on sale for $8.40. I could just imagine how many people used that chance to buy it. That isn't the only reason though. Arkham City happened to be the game released on PS+ a few months back. Talk about confusing your gamers.

The only two for PS3 though, I'm really looking forward to. Happened to be 2 games I was contemplating buying and they just happen to pop up for free. I can't bitch too much about that. 

PS Vita games I'll just keep throwing into my downloads until I get a Vita. Not really in a hurry though, got a bunch of trophies to already obtain on PS3. Same as the PS4 ones as well.

Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)

Looks pretty good, with this being a cross buy as well it's double win as I have the choice to either play it on the PS4 or while sat on the bus/toilet. 

Wait, Pix is crossbuy for Vita? I thought it was only on PS4. That's even better then, I checked it out and it looks great but I was expecting to have to wait until I got a PS4.

I'm slightly satisfied with October's line-up because I lost my Batman BD (gave it to a high school mate something like 3 years ago, disappeared into thin air) and I was planning to buy Rainbow Moon one day or another.

The real deal is that I do not even need PS+ subscription for PS3, I need it for my PS Vita...I recieved so many good games on the past year that I literally could not let my subscription expire, 'cause I only got my handheld two months ago. I have 58 games to play on PS Vita, and I paid them 50 euros/year. As long as I'd like to play them, I'll continue subscribing. Also, I'm getting a good bunch of stuff to play on PS4, when I'll get one.

I don't even have really bought a PS Vita game so far xD

The thing is, we already bought them 5 years ago (Arkham Asylum).

I didn't have a ps3 5 years ago, and now it's my chance to play an awesome game.

I do understand and appreciate what you're saying. But the point is, If I wanted to, I could get Arkham Asylum in a shop now for about $4. Arkham Origins on the other hand, (the sort of games we should and have been getting from plus Pre April 2014) would cost me around $15. So giving us Asylum rather than Origins is pretty sad. See what I mean?

That may be the price in your country but last week I saw AA USED for 19€ at Game, in Portugal, so this is a very nice offer, at least for me.

I understand you were expecting more, like we did in 2013 IGC but next time try to to say you're not happy in a less 'agressive' way, just say you don't like this line up.