PS+ IGC October 2014

HeySumbode

Been meaning to get Asylum again as I borrowed it before and only need challenges for my platinum.

Dust I have on Steam and is pretty damn neat. When I get my PS4 I'll likely play it again.

Spelunky is fun, got on Steam as well. Wanted to get it for Vita so that's a bonus.

I was also tempted to buy Rainbow Moon the other day alongside Blazblue Chronophantasma but didn't. Good thing I waited. Been wanting to play it for quite a while but never got round to actually buying it.

All this hate for indie games though. Spelunky and Dust are both fantastic games, I don't get your problem. At all.

FUCKING HORSESHIT MONTH AFTER MONTH!

Arkham Asylum came out in 2000 and fucking 9! What happened to getting games that came out in 2012/3? Driveclub is the ONLY possible good thing to come out of this. I'm sick to death of getting indie fucking shit all the time, even if those games had platinums I'd still be annoyed.

I would stop buying PS+ if PS4 didn't require it for online multiplayer, see, Sony are cheeky bastards like that. Give us indie wank and we can't unsubscribe...

Just a hint and not a comparison. Few years ago XBox Live service as you may know wasn't giving any free games with the subscription. and to be able to use all the services/apps (even free ones like youtube) you have to have XBox Live Gold subscription.

And people where subscribing. Not for the free games because simply there was nothing free at all in XBox Live.

The service is still the same. They just added Games with Gold as a benefit. And XBox live Gold is more expensive than PS+

For PS4 users PS+ is primary for multiplayer. the IGC is the Plus here.

So technically Sony is doing the right thing from business point of view.

Please don't take this as I am trying to defend or give them an excuse. I'm just trying to hint out what actually the service is about for PS4

• Like 2

Might as well try the Vita games (in time) and since the only Batman game I played was Arkham City (which was free on Plus earlier this year), I might as well give that a go. I course, like Arkham City, not considering getting the platinum on this one.

This would have been a decent month if I had a PS4. Might as well try the PS Now beta instead when I have the time.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Dust on the 360, but never finished it, so I'll play that again.

Spelunky has always intrigued me as it has such a huge following. Might give it a go.

Happy about Rainbow Moon. Almost bought that a whiles back.

Already got Batman: AA. Oh well.

Don't like driving games, but I might have a go with a free one. I'll have a go on the others too before I write them off.

Overall, not the best month but Rainbow Moon has the most potential to change my mind on that. I'll be mostly playing on Vita this month whilst I stay in hotels anyway.

Driveclub is looking gorgeous, and we get £10 off the full game! Spelunky is a great time waster, but after sinking hours into the 360 version, I don't know if I want to start it all again. And all the others will go straight to my ever expanding backlog. I think coming from Xbox last year made me glad to get anything (other than the glorious 2% rebate on my birthday), a lot of people here are really entitled, and feel forced to pay for memberships. Before games with gold, people who played on Xbox didn't get any free games or benefits for 7 years, so suck it up. 

Guys quit complaining :P Sony gives away free games. Would you rather buy them yourself instead?

Oh and i'm pretty pumped for Driveclub.

The thing is, we already bought them 5 years ago (Arkham Asylum).

At least give us something new (Arkham Origins maybe?), like they did April 2014 and before.

(p.s. I know Asylum is better than Origins but that really isn't the point)

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 1

"We"? Who's "we"? I've borrowed Arkham Asylum, and never got the chance to plat it, so this is fine by me. A majority of people have played the title already, however not everyone has had the chance to play it. What of the newest additions to the PS3-era who are new to gaming? This is a great opportunity for them to get into the series.

You do realize that the are other people on this service whom are less fortunate than you, eh? Imagine the value and enjoyment they get from a $50 investment per year when they do not have the opportunity to purchase games on the regular basis.

Empathy seems to be lacking in your field, good sir.

I do understand and appreciate what you're saying. But the point is, If I wanted to, I could get Arkham Asylum in a shop now for about $4. Arkham Origins on the other hand, (the sort of games we should and have been getting from plus Pre April 2014) would cost me around $15. So giving us Asylum rather than Origins is pretty sad. See what I mean?

I do understand and appreciate what you're saying. But the point is, If I wanted to, I could get Arkham Asylum in a shop now for about $4. Arkham Origins on the other hand, (the sort of games we should and have been getting from plus Pre April 2014) would cost me around $15. So giving us Asylum rather than Origins is pretty sad. See what I mean?

Orrr, you could wait a couple days and get that $4 for FREE. ;) js.

Dust is a really good game, finished it on the 360 and enjoyed it a lot, will play it again on the PS4 as it is pretty short and fun. I also finished Batman: AA on the 360 but have no desire to play it again. Definitely most looking forward to DriveClub, will buy the game on PSN if I enjoy the PSPlus version. The other games don't interest me very much though.

PSPlus is still really good value, especially if you own all 3 systems. I do agree that the quality of the games are not as good as they used to be though.

By your statement, you believe that AA is worth $4. That means the other $0.17 you're paying for October nets you 6 other games. Great deal!

You make it seem as if Sony can go to any publisher that they want and demand their games for PS+. Maybe the publisher was unwilling to put Origins on Plus this month. Or maybe the licensing fee was too high for Sony. 

I have already owned and platted AA, so having this game in the lineup doesn't benefit me. But, then again, I understand that not everything has to work to my benefit. 

• Like 2

Well, Drat. I have most of the PS3 ones already!

Still, I don't have Spelunky, so I will have to give it ago.

It's cool we'll be getting a version of Drive Club, although I admit I'm a bit wary of the whole "special version for PS+" deal. I am interested in what that entails.

I can't find out myself, of course. I just have a PS3. But I have a great collection of PS4 and Vita titles, if I ever get one!

I think what some people overlook with PS+ is that if you bought it for the IGC, essentially it's $50/year to "rent" an unlimited copy of the "free" games. The longer you have the membership, the more games you have access to, but it all goes away when you cancel. Sony doesn't *need* to provide top-notch games 100% of the time... They just need to provide enough periodically to entice people to keep up the subscription. If you intend to play one "free" game for three months, you will keep the subscription until you finish playing it or else are prepared to buy a copy, regardless of what else is offered in the other two months.

For me, this is an awful update. I don't have PS4 yet and I don't like any of the other games. The fact that they are giving Batman Arkham Asylum now when they gave us the sequel almost two years ago shows clearly how much this service has decreased in quality and that you are just now basically paying for playing on-line. My ps plus subscription ends mid-October and I am not going to renew it. Of course that when I get a PS4, I will have to get it again, because I love playing multiplayer. It is a disappointment Sony's attitude towards PS Vita, it is a disappointment that now we have to pay to play on-line on the new console and it is a disappointment that PS Plus is just now something mediocre when it used to be a really great service.