Yoshida: Sony is "Working Diligently" on The Last Guardian

kidhero99

In an interview with Weekly Famitsu, the fact that many of the upcoming games for the PS4 were multi-platform releases was brought up. "I think it's fine to start from there." Yoshida said. "If the number of PS4 users increases from there and they tell their friends, 'the games look prettier on the PS4,' or 'the loading time's faster,' or 'using the SHARE function is fun' then the sales for PS4 versions of games will increase and game creators may think 'let's focus on developing for the PS4 from here.'"

The interviewer noted that if for the time being, third party developers were making multi-platform games, then the role of first party games would be extremely important. Yoshida agreed. "Yes. We need to show why buying a PS4 is a good idea through our games."

Of course, on the topic of first party games, the obvious elephant in the room could not be avoided. The interview was concluded with the final question: "What can you tell us about The Last Guardian?"

Yoshida's response: "Development couldn't be better."

A quote he quickly followed with, "... That might be a bit of an exaggeration (laugh). We continue to work diligently on the game, so please look forward to it."

Just 5 more years to go folks. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This game will most likely see the light one day (otherwise it would've been publicly cancelled already), so why even bothering about it when there's so much more to anticipate in the following months and years? If this needs to arrive in 2020, so be it, I'll get on the hype train once the project gets some substance, like FFXV just did in this TGS :D

Didn't they start production on this when the PS1 was new?

Joking aside... i think that they got to a point where they realized that people really wanted to see this game completed... What doesn't make since is that when they announced this, it got very good feedback but then they shelved it... maybe because it was being developed for the PS3 and they wanted to make it for the PS4 instead?  Still doesn't seem like it should have taken so long... the world better be virtually limitless and open, lol

but then again, SquareEnix did that with FFvs13 and then just turned it into FF15 years later... the problem is they loved Lightning so much that they wanted to continue the story and so FF15 fell to the way side.

anyway... i digress...

even though people are disappointed, we should still support the game if it truly is something that we would enjoy regardless of how long it took to make... thats just my opinion

At this late stage, I can only imagine The Last Guardian turning out one way. It used to be like that stunningly beautiful girl whom you always lusted after in school; the girl whose breathtaking looks and quiet mystique drove you mad. Now after many years removed from your school-days, you somehow get back in contact and arrange a date with her. 

You wait anxiously at the restaurant for her to arrive, and whenever she walks through the door you're completely bamboozled: She's not as you remember her. She's not as attractive as she was in your selective memory, nor is she as interesting as you thought she'd be. You only think back to how it could've been different if you only hooked up all those years ago. 

Also, she makes you pay for the meal. 

^THIS

At this late stage, I can only imagine The Last Guardian turning out one way. It used to be like that stunningly beautiful girl whom you always lusted after in school; the girl whose breathtaking looks and quiet mystique drove you mad. Now after many years removed from your school-days, you somehow get back in contact and arrange a date with her. 

You wait anxiously at the restaurant for her to arrive, and whenever she walks through the door you're completely bamboozled: She's not as you remember her. She's not as attractive as she was in your selective memory, nor is she as interesting as you thought she'd be. You only think back to how it could've been different if you only hooked up all those years ago. 

Also, she makes you pay for the meal. 

And if this story is still based on users of this site, they'll post on forum after forum about what was "promised" and should have been while back in school and about how none of that was delivered.

Meanwhile, she still has a long, long line of guys lusting after her.

At this point I worry will it even be possible to make a game that will live up to the anticipation people still have for it.

Past experiences says nope

We are currently in the fourth stage. :)

1.First there was denial. 
"I don't care about the rumors of members of Team Ico leaving midway through the game's development and the game disappearing from the face of the earth.I still BELIEVE!"

2.Then there was anger. 
"Where the fuck is our game man! Why these assholes at Sony don't say anything about it?Shit!"

3.Then there was depression.
"Fuck it. It's dead. Team Ico is dead. Gaming is dead. I'm dead inside." :(

4.And finally there was glorious acceptance 
"You know what? I'm not going to believe their bullshit anymore. Life goes on and gaming goes on.We got two of the best games ever made from Team Ico but now the dream is dead. Games get cancelled everyday. Lets just focus our excitement on the games from people who are working their asses off to actually deliver the best games possible.Let vaporware disappear and enjoy the games that we have on our hands." :)