Replace PSN trophy rarity?

Hi, I just wondered if there are any plans to replace PSNProfiles.com trophy rarity with actual trophy rarity? Since the Vita 3.30 update I see many of my trophies are actually much, much rarer than reported on PSNProfiles.

Thanks guys,

cpc_6128

This site takes all the countries into account for the rarity.  What we see on our PSN is US only, not the world.  I like this site for that reason.

Were did you hear that? I always thought the trophy rarity on psn took into account every person who has a psn account. I didn't know it was US only.

• Like 4

Hi, I just wondered if there are any plans to replace PSNProfiles.com trophy rarity with actual trophy rarity? Since the Vita 3.30 update I see many of my trophies are actually much, much rarer than reported on PSNProfiles.

We talked about this the day Sony released official PSN trophy rarity feature. You can give that a full read here. The owner of the site said that there are too many trophies that are basically ultra rare (0.01%) and it would basically break the rarity system here.

Take a look at this forum discussion: Will Official PlayStation Rarity be Used Now?

This site takes all the countries into account for the rarity.  What we see on our PSN is US only, not the world.  I like this site for that reason.

I don't believe it's US only - I think it's worldwide and is simply for everyone who owns that specific game. At least, that's how I always understood it.

Edited by BlindMango

What I mean is its based on region.  That is why when u log into a psn from us, the rarity is based on region your psn name is associated with on the device.  I am guessing that this site uses all the names and gets its rarity formula from it. 

I would love to have an official site, but not here on PSN. The percentage here and on all other trophy sites only considers numbers based on the people who are on the site, it's not a real indicator. Not all trophy hunters in the world are in a trophy site like this, or even in the same one for that matter. It's not a real representation. But this site has already put a lot of work and time into this system, I understand why there won't be any changes.

Edited by Annare_

Why can't we have both?

That's what I've always wanted - like showing the PSNP one as standard and then the official PSN rarity on mouseover or something like that. However, I think I heard that kind of information would require a dev console, which I don't think Sly owns one.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I love this system but its not accurate. GRID Autosport is only played by 2582 gamers in the world no way this is no accurate.

For example:

2582 players: 77 players reached level 250 online on the site wich is 2.98%

On psn you have the 0.4% mark. this is the good %

People are trophyhunters and non trophyhunters , everyone gets trophies so yes the PSN is correct. There are more people in the world with online trophies no matter what game it is than here on the site , also the same with sinle player trophies.

Thats my opinion.

I love this system but its not accurate. GRID Autosport is only played by 2582 gamers in the world no way this is no accurate.

For example:

2582 players: 77 players reached level 250 online on the site wich is 2.98%

On psn you have the 0.4% mark. this is the good %

People are trophyhunters and non trophyhunters , everyone gets trophies so yes the PSN is correct. There are more people in the world with online trophies no matter what game it is than here on the site , also the same with sinle player trophies.

Thats my opinion.

The data is accurate. The amount of players does not matter.

If 2000 people own the game on here, and 200 have the trophy, 10% is a correct rarity because it's relative to the amount of people who have their profiles on PSNP. As Doc said, if you say that PSNP data isn't accurate, nor is the PSN data.

Both are accurate because they're both using different numbers to calculate the rarity.

Personally, I think the PSNP rarity is the better one to go by.

Fun Fact since I fired up the Vita: you can actually see the rarity of even trophies earned on PS3 games, as well as Vita/PS4.

Assassin's Creed II Platinum rarity of 'Very Rare 5.5%'? Big LOL

Shit, and this is the most common AC Plat since it doesn't require freaking MP... (Wonder how's AC 3 and Brotherhood...)

The trophy rarity on PSN only includes owners of the game. While it's true it doesn't include those without internet connections, that is such a small % of players, it wouldn't change the rarity. And the amount of people who go for trophies who don't have PSN accounts is nearly non existent.