Your earliest gaming memory?

Dreakon139

• 3 months later...

Pitfall%21_Coverart.png

My earliest gaming memory was when I visited my grandparents and my uncle had an Atari 2600 and he let me have a go on Pitfall.

I think the first game I ever "owned" was the original Prince of Persia released in 1989. I played that every night until I could complete it.

Pitfall was my favorite Atari game ever!!!

This too was one of my youngest memories of playing video games... i remember playing as early as 5 or 6 years old... but i don't remember playing Pitfall till i was around 7... i had a few different types of controllers too... a few joysticks and a few wheel controllers for Pong and some racing game that i don't remember the name of...

I had:

Pitfall

PacMan

Mrs. PacMan

Empire Strikes Back

Missile Command

Pong

Tank (and Tank II i think)

Space Invaders

Asteroids

Centipede

I remember getting a yellow gameboy pocket for christmas when I was about 4. It came with a little carry case and mario bros 2. Mario was alright, but not long after that I literally found a copy of pokemon blue in the field/grassy play area outside my house. Being the selfish and opportunistic child I am/was I kept it and played the shit out of it. Somebody by the name of David was the previous owner. I didn't know any Davids at the time so I had no issue with deleting his game and starting my own ^_^

My first memory where I know the names of everything would be playing Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive when I was about 7 or 8 years old, oh how I hated Chemical Plant and the final boss more than anything else.

I recall playing Stampede thanks to the video of it on the first page but can't remember how old I was for that, I remember playing a handful of games that looked similar graphically but the names and my age when playing them... nope don't recall any of that.

hmm mine would have to be super mario or some shit like that. The one system where you couldn't save or something. I remember my two sisters playing all day and they made it to the last level. My dad said it was dinner time, and they wouldn't get up, so I went over to the system and turned it off thus making them lose alll their progress. I was only like 5-6 :P

• 4 years later...