EA Sale

DistantFox

Can anyone confirm exactly what's in Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Edition?

There was an "Ultimate Box" version that apparently contained only a few of the DLCs, but the description on PSN seems to have them all there. All that's missing are the Bikes and the Cagney Update, both of which were free. I want to believe the description, but it's hard to trust EA.

I take it as this is US only :( since the only ones that are posting here about them buying stuff are from the US and i can't find any trace of this sale on my EU account :( too bad i really wanted those kingdoms of amalur DLCs

It's not too difficult to create a US account to be able to take advantage of these sales. You'll need a fake address (I believe I used Sony's headquarters) but as long as you use codes to add funds to the account, everything works perfectly.

Personally I use Play-Asia for my US and JP account funds. http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-1z3-49-en.html#fc=v:4

It's a little more expensive than it is for actual US or JP citizens, but it's reliable and they give you the codes instantly.

However DLC is region locked and only works with a game of the same region, so you wouldn't be able to use your EU copy of KoA with this.

Can anyone confirm exactly what's in Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Edition?

There was an "Ultimate Box" version that apparently contained only a few of the DLCs, but the description on PSN seems to have them all there. All that's missing are the Bikes and the Cagney Update, both of which were free. I want to believe the description, but it's hard to trust EA.

I just bought it and it's added the following items to my download list:

Burnout™ Paradise

Burnout™ Paradise Cops and Robbers

Burnout™ Paradise TIme Savers Pack

Burnout™ Paradise Party

Burnout™ Paradise Toy Card Collection

Burnout™ Paradise Boost Specials Collection

Burnout™ Paradise Big Surf Island

Burnout™ Paradise Legendary Cars Collection

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

I just bought it and it's added the following items to my download list:

Burnout™ Paradise

Burnout™ Paradise Cops and Robbers

Burnout™ Paradise TIme Savers Pack

Burnout™ Paradise Party

Burnout™ Paradise Toy Card Collection

Burnout™ Paradise Boost Specials Collection

Burnout™ Paradise Big Surf Island

Burnout™ Paradise Legendary Cars Collection

Thanks! I'm pretty sure that's everything needed to 100% other than the two free updates.

So either EA updated their "Ultimate Box" or there is now an ultimate "box" with only some of the dlc, and an ultimate "edition" with all of it. Confusing.

I fucking bought Burnout Paradise (game only) for $20

I feel your pain. Did something similar with Hot Pursuit. The funny part is I couldn't even break down and buy the complete edition now if I wanted to. The store says it's unavailable for download because I already own the base game. Thanks for saving me from myself, Sony.

Ohh so the game is cheaper then the dlc, good logic there.... lol

It actually makes sense. It's just evil. It's the same principle behind disposable razor blades (and video game consoles for that matter). Sell the initial product (razor, PS4) at a loss to suck people in, then get them to buy ancillary products (blades, games/controllers/etc) at a high markup. 

Definitely picking up Crysis 2: Maximum Edition and Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Edition. I loved the first Crysis and I always wanted to play Burnout Paradise, its time.

You will not regret Burnout Paradise. It's remarkable how well it holds up.