Who are you romancing?

Gatatog

I doubt you even can romance Josephine, she doesn't have a Approval level since she's not part of the inner circle so i don't know how it would work.

Basically what you do is try to get the approval level of your desired partner as high as possible, make decisions in a way they'd approve, do some quests for them, expire their dialgue options etc. I usually requires a bigger quest based around that character to unlock the option and you have to have made some progress into the story for some of them so if you can't romance the character now do so a few main quests later. Keep being nice and choose the romantic option whenever possible and you should get there eventually.

Well I saw a few videos where Josephine is romanced. So I think it's possible, also I just had a cutscene where i spent all day long with her so it's on a good way for sure. 

I doubt you even can romance Josephine, she doesn't have a Approval level since she's not part of the inner circle so i don't know how it would work.

Basically what you do is try to get the approval level of your desired partner as high as possible, make decisions in a way they'd approve, do some quests for them, expire their dialgue options etc. I usually requires a bigger quest based around that character to unlock the option and you have to have made some progress into the story for some of them so if you can't romance the character now do so a few main quests later. Keep being nice and choose the romantic option whenever possible and you should get there eventually.

My Inquisitor is romancing Josephine so it is possible. Despite not being companions, Josephine, Cullen and Leliana all have related quests and special dialogue since they're the characters that make up your war council, and all but Leliana can be romanced.

Oh how I wish I could romance Leliana, but then again I like the idea that her heart still somewhat belongs to my Hero of Ferelden, whom she lost to the Archdemon in Origins ... poor Leliana.

BTW who is the easiest to romance? I'm doing one playtrough platinum and I really don't want to get "cockblocked" and play it for another time, because I need to sell this game the day I achieve platinum, so... any tips? 

Sera is really easy to romance. She's a lesbian so you have to be a female inquisitor though.

I've been flirting with every single character (even the Scout) until they want to commit, and I back off. I have it down to either Cassandra, Vivienne, or Josephine. I ended up making out with Dorian, and quickly reloaded my save. 

Edited by MatCauthon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've completed 3 playthroughs and am on my 4th, where I intend to go after Blackwall.

My first playthrough, Human Male Warrior believer, I went with Cassandra. All in all, a good romance with interesting back and forth. They (seeker and inquisitor) had a lot of soul crushing responsibility and big decisions to make. They were pretty equal, except in martial rank within the Inquisition. It contributed to the epilogue, as well. 

My second playthrough, a female Elven Rogue heathen, I went for Sera. I hated every second of it, and we ended up breaking up before the climax of the game (though after I hit it). Elf evidently was not a good choice as there was no end of the shit she gave me for it, and what ended it was when she demanded I denounce my characters heritage after the temple of mythal... isn't that fucked up? I should have gone for Solas... I would have, had I known it was an option.

3rd playthrough, I was a female Mage Qunari, and romanced the Iron Bull. I, personally, found much his "confidence" off-putting, but that was the story I wanted to see play out. I don't know how many more times I'll play through the game, but that's the last time I "ride the Bull." *shudder*

Despite disliking two of the partners, I approve of the variety of ways they have been playing out. If I keep going, I'll romance all options, but so far, Cassandra has been my favorite. 

I've completed 3 playthroughs and am on my 4th, where I intend to go after Blackwall.

Heh, I thought I was being unique, my female elf romanced Blackwall. Didn't find the romance options particulary interesting in Inquisition. I love the characters, but there just wasn't a clear romance target. Went with the honorable grey warden.

Or so I thought

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to romance Sera with my female elf. Any ideas on how I can get her approval up as I think she's neutral at the moment.

• Don't say anything about being Dalish, being an elf or the lost elven culture. Sera thinks elfs should become a part of the Chantry and forget about their lost culture.
  • Mess with nobles/important people
  • Care about the common people
  • Flirting with Scout Harding while Sera is in the party gains approval
  • Talk to her after reaching Skyhold and go along with pulling pranks on your advisors
  • After completing the War Table mission March of Verchemiel, talk to Sera and complete the side quest. Let her kill the noble and afterwards approve her actions.
  • Don't talk to Sera during the main quest Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts if your Court Approval is high, because you're basically behaving like nobles are expected to behave.
  • Like 1

• Don't say anything about being Dalish, being an elf or the lost elven culture. Sera thinks elfs should become a part of the Chantry and forget about their lost culture.
  • Mess with nobles/important people
  • Care about the common people
  • Flirting with Scout Harding while Sera is in the party gains approval
  • Talk to her after reaching Skyhold and go along with pulling pranks on your advisors
  • After completing the War Table mission March of Verchemiel, talk to Sera and complete the side quest. Let her kill the noble and afterwards approve her actions.
  • Don't talk to Sera during the main quest Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts if your Court Approval is high, because you're basically behaving like nobles are expected to behave.

Okay thanks, I'm keeping Sera in my party permanently anyway, especially since I'm trying to romance her. I'm also just about to do either 'The Hushed Whisper' or 'Champions of the Just' mission. Would I gain more approval from Sera by doing 'The Hushed Whisper' or 'Champions of the Just'?

Okay thanks, I'm keeping Sera in my party permanently anyway, especially since I'm trying to romance her. I'm also just about to do either 'The Hushed Whisper' or 'Champions of the Just' mission. Would I gain more approval from Sera by doing 'The Hushed Whisper' or 'Champions of the Just'?

Both have about the same amount of opportunities. Just make sure to conscript the mages or templars and not let them join as allies. 

Both have about the same amount of opportunities. Just make sure to conscript the mages or templars and not let them join as allies. 

Okay thanks, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Do the mages or templars still join the Inquisition if you conscript them?

I also found this that could help with some decisions.

Haven't decided yet... But when I see option with heart icon, I use every time... maybe i'll have any success with someone in future =)

Yeah, I do that too.

Okay thanks, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Do the mages or templars still join the Inquisition if you conscript them?

I also found this that could help with some decisions.

Yeah, I do that too.

Yeah they become part of the Inquisition if you conscript them. That's a very useful site, I'll add it to the guide.