Kickass PSP games/memories

Super-Fly Spider-Guy

Today I was out with a friend at a shopping centre I very rarely go to and figured I'd look in their EB Games store and to my surprise they still had some PSP games in there and I looked through the admittedly small stack and found Lego Star Wars II for 8 bucks and shat my pants with joy.

I'd been looking for this game since I got my PSP in 2007 and never found it, I refused to give in and buy it on eBay like I had some other games, and today I finally got it.

I love my PSP and have a million fond memories with it, taking it on a holiday, trying to get some weird internet crack to get homebrew going through Wipeout Pure, my first multiplayer GTA match, being so fucking annoyed at Force Unleashed 2 getting cancelled for PSP when it was (at the time) the latest console I had, and so on. I love my PSP, and despite "investing" in 2 PSP Go's and ending up with several other models for one reason or another, my beloved 2007 PSP Slim is still with me here today, with it's broken ass distored speakers, and terribley busted joystick that sometimes tells Spider-Man he doesn't want to be walking forwards, he wants to turn around and fall off that building.

As for Lego Star Wars 2 itself, it was the first game I ever truly 100%'d and it holds a whole lot of nostalgia with me. I was pretty damn stoked when I got home, pulled out the old PSP, charged it on up and put in the disc to hear the main theme of Star Wars play. Magnificent.

So, yeah, what are some of your fond memories with the PSP? I'm hoping to vicariously get extreme nostalgia feels.

• Like 3

It was my frist console, my father bought it at launch day (back in 2005) so yeah, it's the old fat one, still works!! 

My first game was F1 2006, because my father bought it lol, I'm not really into F1 racing..

Many games came afterwards, my first FIFA, FIFA 07, where I could play in the car!! (amazing isn't it? :o )

I remember playing FIFA 08 online for the first time!!! It was so damn cool, playing online nowadays is no big deal

Ad-hoc with friedns/cousins was amazing too (tekken, fifa , cars, dragon ball)

Issues:

Losing it in 2008, I really had no idea where it was, only to find out 5 months later that it was behind a wardrobe  :facepalm:

In 2011 the laser from the UMD reader 'broke' and it wouldn't read any games :( However it revived itself after a few months  :lol:

2012 onwards I've had the same issue you have with your joystick, it moves randomly  :unsure:

The psp was a great handheld! Plenty of great memories on there, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim, Kingom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Megaman Powered Up, etc. Birth by sleep is coming on the 2.5 HD collection so I'm glad I get to replay it! :) Wish more psp games made it to the ps3, or better yet, ps4!

I remember playing Phantasy Star Portable 2  with my brother all the bloody time, even when I finished the story and what not. Grinding for ridiculous drop rates hoping to get a decent element on the weapon we wanted.

I remember playing Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII trying to get the Genji Armor and getting so frustrated I didn't touch the PSP for months after that.

Best Moments:

1. FINALLY being able to play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night via Dracula X Chronicles.

2. Persona 3 Portable as a girl.

3. Tactics Ogre

Unfortunately my PSP was stolen shortly after that but I am thankful I got to play those games.

Agree with Bucky ^_^

But luckily i still have that awesome champion of a handheld, In Radiant Pink!

I'll add to the best moments/games of mine:

• Able to play KH BBS.
  • Introduced me into Ape Escape/Academy...a great series!
  • Still able to play awesome PS1 games on a handheld
  • Introduced me into Riviera (TPL), Gungnir, Yggdra union and Knights in Nightmare.
  • Ad hoc, Enough said about that part.
  • Played Yu-Gi-Oh! Games, i love them cards ^_^
  • MANA KHEMIA, MANA KHEMIA, MANA KHEMIA!!! what else i should say about it?!
  • Ofcourse then comes Crisis Core FFVII, Dissidia/012 and Tactics.
  • Oh, did i mention Half-Minute Hero?! That game was an addiction on a ZHP style!
  • Jeanne d'arc, A great masterpiece if i must say.
  • Introduced me into Disgaea Series, through the original and 2.
  • Hmmm, Black Rock Shooter, Sol trigger, Rock band unplugged were unbelievably AWESOME!
  • Lastly but not least, Digimon Adventure, Words cannot express the happiness i went through with this game ^_^

I won't forget my PSV though, i got them matched colors for a reason afterall xD

That moment in Burnout Legends when you end up wrecking yourself, boost landing on top of the guy in front, taking him out, and getting yourself an unintentional victory flipping out above the finish, and landing in front of a truck who smashes you somewhere else. (Yes, this happened) And Sonic Rivals, ohh. Those cards were such a struggle to obtain. We love you, PSP-Chan. <3

Persona 3 Portable (Played as a girl!)

Disgaea 2

Rock Band Unplugged (Spent all night doing the playlist with all songs)

Birth By Sleep (Bought the PSP mainly for that game!)

Corpse Party

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (Amazing game BTW)

Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? (Hard game, Konami code is worth shit in this game since it starts you off with 1000 lives xD)

PSP was amazing for me, and the Vita is slowly passing it by the day for me.

Man, there's so many good games in here. All the feels hit me when I read these lines

I remember playing FIFA 08 online for the first time!!! It was so damn cool, playing online nowadays is no big deal

FIFA 07, where I could play in the car!! (amazing isn't it? :o )

PSP really was a great little thing. I love my Vita too but it's never as fun the second time around.

All the Battlefront love in here made me happy, I love those games and have been DYING for the reboot, I don't really care about DICE doing it, I just want some damn Battlefront in my life. The post two above this one, Neptune V-II, plus points for Rock Band, that thing was great. First game I ever wasted 20 bucks in for DLC. Burnout was so good on the Vita, Resistance was great, there was so much good stuff.

I can't even make a list out of all the great games listed here, there's too many and I don't want to quote nearly everyone. I can't for a second say I'm surprised at all the people who share my affinity, but it feels like a nice warm pool of warm happy.

Also MotorStorm, Gran Turismo, Need for Speed Shift, some of the best racing games I'd played, console or portable, period. I had a fair bit of fun with the DS too, with a handy TTDS which seemed like the pinnacle of everything at the time, now I just play DS games on my phone by means of DraStic, but the PSP blew it out of the water in my eyes.

This thread made me happy. Also Medal of Honor Heroes was the first game I got, it was 20 bucks and I needed something to play so my father grabbed it along with the unit. Best thing, never really played, or remembered playing any COD or war style games beforehand, skirmish mode in that was the tits.

• Like 2

I really encourage future posters on this thread to show some pics of their collection I'd simply love it.

Consider it done it. :)

20141209_080424.jpg

That's not my complete collection, missing games like FFIV CC, Vice City Stories, Tales of the World Radient Mythology, BBS etc.

I got my PSP way back in 2005, I actually imported it from Japan with a copy of Ridge Racer. Used that up until...2008 I think, then I bought the Crisis Core limited edition PSP.

FFIVCC, Burnout Legends, Persona 3 Portable & Crisis Core are just some of my favorites on the system.

• Like 1

I really encourage future posters on this thread to show some pics of their collection I'd simply love it.

Disgaea, Patapon, Jeanne, FF Tactics, LocoRoco. SOOO many good ones on my OG PSP (still working, btw!) I STILL want a UMD drive for Playstation TV to play my games on the bigscreen. I've settled for putting CFW on my 2nd PS3, ripping my UMDs and playing the ones that work on that.

I've still got quite a few to get through!

IMG_1752.jpg

• Like 1