Square Enix Confirms Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Coming To PS4

WuTangJase-

finalfantasyx1211-610.jpg

Square Enix has officially announced that the HD remasters of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2, which released on PS3 earlier this year, are indeed coming to the PlayStation 4. The games join therecently revealed port of the PC port of Final Fantasy VII, which is also headed toward the PS4.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 will be available as a download or at retail for $49.99 in spring 2015. Final Fantasy VII will be available as a download for $15.99. Square says that both ports will include system-exclusive features, but didn't elaborate on what it has planned.

Our Take

I played FF X and X-2 when they came out, but haven't revisited them since. I was tempted to check out the HD remasters, since Kim seemed to love them, but I didn't get around to it. Even if the new features are only something obvious like the ability to stream footage, this could be the perfect time for me. I love my PS3, but I'm migrating everything over to new-gen whenever possible.

Link:  http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/12/11/square-enix-confirms-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-coming-to-ps4.aspx

Final Fantasy 8 was more famous than 10 but no remaster? Anyway enjoy people.

I'm not about to look up sales numbers/marketing budget for either of those two titles, but I would think the opposite. In my opinion, 8 was the worst FF of all time. I actually got infuriated while playing it because I was so upset. I don't get mad at anything! Luckily 9 followed it up. I got addicted to TetraMaster and pretended like 8 never existed.

I was contemplating picking this up for my Vita, but may delay it for my eventual PS4 collection.

I think many would have preferred if Square did something else aside from porting games that have already been ported. FFX was only just re-released and now it's being re-re-released. And FF7 again? Really? Surely I can't be the only one who's sick of hearing of FF7. Give me FF9, FF12, or a new FF altogether instead.

It was fun to play this on PS3 and perfect fit for the Vita.  Going back and getting the trophies was the best part, but new trophy list or not (It will be a new trophy list) I can't see myself going through these games one more time.  Twice was good for me!

Think so? Why? Do you mean separate or new requirements?

I bet it is going to be the same as the PS3 version.

I'm also positive it will have a separate trophy list (Same trophies separate list, similar to TLOU Remastered).

As Far as a different trophy list, that depends as to whether or not the PS4 version will support cross save with the other versions. Edited by Blue Flare

I highly doubt this will have a new list.  Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn got released on the PS4 8 months after its PS3 counterpart and it shared the list.  On top of that, Square Enix usually make all of their games have shared lists, no matter the platform.

Regardless of the actual list or not, I might get this when it hits a lower price, considering I have it on PS3 already, just so I can experience it with the even better remade features (if there are any that is).  Honestly, I'm more interested in getting a Vita version for on-the-go Final Fantasy, and I think they could've announced a new, different HD release other than FFX again (as much as I ADORE that installment) such as FFXII HD, for example.  But nonetheless, I still have Final Fantasy Type 0 to look forward to, and anyone who happened to not pick up FFX/X-2 HD yet on PS3/Vita can enhance the experience even more(?) on the current gen. :)